Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:33 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Premiership Football
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:21 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

As frustrating as theyear has been no more than last night v Hawthorn I can't help but like the risks we take, the marks we fly for, the bodies we hit, and this from a team chock full of boys. Imagine when they are men. Its just the goals we don't kick that make us look bad and keep the generally biased media happy.
Lord knows how much I want them to win and how often I begin to doubt BUT deep down, as I often remind my son who has marginally less patience than me I can see a Premiership Brand of Football emerging. Not keepings off rubbish, or a team of runners with limited real football skill (before everyone starts jumpin up and down, I know Sydney fluked a flag with that sort of stuff, but surely it won't happen too often) but hard attacking thrilling stuff. The stuff that draws a big crowd to watch a contest wether they barrack for the side or not. The signs are there. Glimpses, occasional passages of sheer brilliance, moments of exhilarating surprise where the player does something that leaves the opponent shaking his head. Walker is doing it. Eddie is doing it. Murphy bless him is already doing it, and will do it better than anyone soon. Fev can do it. Lance has always done it and is doing it better than ever this season. Even Houla is doing it. Waite....Thornton...Carrazo ...Simmo...etc. But not all at the same time or for long enough....YET. But they are coming these blueboys. When we missed all those shots in the 3rd quarter as painfull as it was I saw it. The Hawks had no answer. We ran and marked and tackled like the great premiership sides have always done, just kicked like shit.
There are more kids coming than you can poke a stick at and Pagan is without doubt as his long record shows the best young player coach around. All this knocking of coach, board and players on this site and others will stop when they begin to win. Think about that. Its close now and we are doing the right stuff just without the final ingredients and the luck that you make when you are better than the others.
Just wait . I feel it in me bones its going to be GREAT.