Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:15 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:46 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Andain wrote:
10 marks and 25 possesions isn't a bad game in a losing side. A deserving winner this week.

YES HE IS

ALL HAIL THE HYPNO TOAD!!!!!!!

But, in all seriousness... I hope they put Bradley on Betts :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:14 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Bradley really did deserve it...and that's the good news! He and Lucas were their best players....basically means that only crap lies in between. Bradley is good no doubt...but he shouldn't be the star....bring on Friday night!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:40 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Well, its gotta be Eddie turn this week after tonight...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:46 pm 
Bulldogs Supporter

Looks an alright game on paper, but my thoughts are that someone will have a game better then his.

I haven't seen the whole thing, but three goals and eight touches is good, but will need a weak round to get it.

He will get it some stage this season, that is a given.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:04 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Three goals, 3 tackles and 8 possessions and the goal that put us in front should get him the nomination. Last year Davey got the first nomination for 1 goal, 13 possessions and 4 tackles in a thrashing by Hawthorn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:32 am 
Craig Bradley

JacksBoy wrote:
Three goals, 3 tackles and 8 possessions and the goal that put us in front should get him the nomination. Last year Davey got the first nomination for 1 goal, 13 possessions and 4 tackles in a thrashing by Hawthorn.

And weren't we all talking about Davey as the one that got away last year.

Well everyone alse can kick themselves this year, because we're the ones who got him.

:D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:13 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Ponkstar wrote:
JacksBoy wrote:

Well everyone alse can kick themselves this year, because we're the ones who got him.

Funny how things work out. We overlooked Davey for Carrazzo who has killed him twice now and then end up with the next "Aaron Davey" who could be a better player in time. Eddie and the Betts certainly doesn't show that same arrogance and agro Farmer had which is also in Davey's makeup. I can't stand Davey and he couldn't stand up to Carrazzo's toughness in the Wizard Cup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:17 am 
Bruce Doull

Ponkstar wrote:

I'm still not sold on Davey. He basically lives off his pace and is used to it giving him the space he needs to be effective. Carrazzo has beaten him a couple of times now IMO because he puts pressure on him.
Eddie is showing signs that he's a great reader of the play who doesn't solely rely on explosive pace to get his goals, he just knows where to be to get the ball. I'm not saying he's better than Davey by any stretch, but he's showing signs that he could well end up being.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:41 pm 
Craig Bradley

Eddie's achilles heel is his lack of body strength. On several occasions he was outmuscled by Rama - hardly the toughest bloke going around. However, if he put on too much bulk he might lose some of that pace, so I think he'll be fine playing within his limitations.

He's so bloody quick, he's dangerous in space and he knows where to run to get the footy.

And backmen beware when you've got the ball - you won't always hear those footsteps coming, but you'll hear the crowd roar in expectation, and you'll know Eddie's coming to get ya!!