Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:05 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:29 pm 
Craig Bradley

camelboy wrote:
Further if this thread develops into a character assasination posts will be deleted and the thread may be locked. That said I think its great that so many people are willing to move on and acknowledge the good things that Dom did.

By all means have your opinion, but I think now the time has come to cease stating them publicly

good with the bad camel.

there is no character assasination here - his actions have spoken of his character.

my last comment on the issue

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:49 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Well done to all at TBV for all the good work! Pure and simple.
Winding it up may or may not be the best thing...so what...don't think anyone should harbour bitterness (especially Dom, mods or contributors)....I'ld say the only ones really put out are those who cruzed and never posted....

Remember the aim of TBV (and these forums was two fold - well one initially - to give a forum for Blues fans to discuss and share info and then later to drum up support for sponsorship.....both aims..TO SUPPORT THE CLUB.

That done...it also etsablished the format that a site should have!

All good stuff!

NO room for bitterness, sadness, anything! All should be proud and happy and remember these words (for your grandkids.....)

"...and then there was an Ezboard...where there was this mess of comments and it was always down and you never knew if you posted anything would it make it through...and then TBV appeared and fans would GO to training , rush back home and post a report that thousands were waiting to read.........None of this fancy modern choose camera angle at training and pick up Jason Fevola - SOB's microphone and physiological pararemeters - heart beat, blood pressure etc......we had to read hours later who was training ok!....we had it toof"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:49 pm 
Geoff Southby

dannyboy wrote:
hey at least it gives me a chance to repeat myself and no one need ever know... (cue the sound of crickets)

oh you mean

You knew already :oops:

I said the exact same thing on Wolfister's Talking Carlton :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:57 pm 
Ken Hunter

Exact?

Exact!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arghhhhhh!!!!!!! (runs out of the room screaming and frothing from the mouth screaming, 'its all over now baby blue!')

Post subject: Goodbye TBV
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:18 pm 
Garry Crane

Yeah TBV was bloody beawdyful.
A damn shame that it had to end.
I am really removed from the issues that came to a head in relation to the end of TBV (I thought the only hated person on TBV was Carlton God)
but I do know that people loved that site.
I don't think I laughed as hard when reading certain posts or thought about what the hell was happening on the field.
The site gave me a whole new insight on the game, and also showed that us humble footy supporters have some good ideas...be it in relation to footy TV or even ideas on how the world should be.
Anyway I'm hope the (f)uckd up voice of reason says something 'bout this, he makes more sense than most...whereareya tommi??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:43 pm 
Ken Hands

And now back to talking footy...or is it TalkingCarlton :D :wink:

Post subject: Re: Goodbye TBV
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:49 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

da dada da dah wrote:
Anyway I'm hope the (f)uckd up voice of reason says something 'bout this, he makes more sense than most...whereareya tommi??

We are doing a tommi rain dance here: http://www.talkingcarlton.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=45
The more the merrier. :)