Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:41 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:51 am 
John Nicholls

Interesting to hear on the Footy Show last night that Arch revealed that Fev had been saying some derogatory things about Shannon Watt to a few ex team mates of Fev's and it somehow got back to Shannon.

IMO, Fev shouldn't be humiliating his opponents behind close doors before a game.
I remember last year the second time we played Freo, Fev had some things to say about Robert Haddrill.
IIRC, Fev didn't play well against Freo that day.

While I have no idea what Fev said about Watt, is it really that appropriate for Fev to be doing this, taking into consideration that this is quite a big game?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:00 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Fair dinkum... Shannon Watt is shit.

I don't blame him thinking it... probably shouldnt' have said it.

If Fev can't smash Watt, he'll never smash anyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:00 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Big mistake to denigrate an opponent and hopefully Fev will learn his listen or Pagan will learn it for him. Lucky though its Shannon Watt we're talking about because he couldnt stop Fev if he tried.
Wonder who these ex-teamates are that couldnt keep their mout shut and spread this. Intersting that Fev used o live with Simon Beaumont when he first came to Carlton.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:02 am 
Trevor Keogh

and you believe this shit, think about it the only way the kangas can win if they stop fev. Arch would have made those comments to get into fevs head and play mind games. especially saying the comments came from ex team mates im assuming teague and diggers he just wants to cause some unrest between the blues and if you ask me its a sign that the kangas are wooried.

Believe what you want but it sounded like a load of crap to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:10 am 
Serge Silvagni

Mate Fevs just honest, thats what we love about him. What you get is what you see.

Shannon Watt is a very very very poor player. Considering he plays every game, its laughable.
If Fev cant kick at least 6 on him its a joke. I predict 8.
Its this arrogance i love and if he can deliver, good luck to him. He'll get that Carey swagger, where he can do what he wants and thats what will make us great. Stuff humility, just deliver when you talk. Its that Carlton arrogance. I want every other club to hate us again.
Id back Fev against Watt any day of the week. In fact, if Fev played against Watt for 22 rounds id say Fev would kick 150-160 goals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:35 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

The best and most lasting way to humiliate an opponent is via the scoreboard. :wink:

Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:36 am 
Harry Vallence

I thought it was poor form by Archer, obviously not said in public and not the first player to say these things, leave the surmons for Sunday...."you beat your opponent not humiliate them" yeah right.
What crap --all players do is hang shit on other players. :roll:
With Watt it's not opinion it's fact.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:47 am 
John Nicholls

I understand that Shannon Watt is probably one of the lesser lights in the AFL when it comes to full backs, however, if it what was said is true, I reckon Fev should have kept it to himself.
We all know Watt isn't that good, Fev included.

What would happen if Watt were to come out, god forbidding, and totally towel up Fev?

While I don't think it will happen, it certainly is something that needs to be taken into account if the comments said are true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:57 am 
Craig Bradley

phoenix johnson wrote:
I understand that Shannon Watt is probably one of the lesser lights in the AFL when it comes to full backs, however, if it what was said is true, I reckon Fev should have kept it to himself.
We all know Watt isn't that good, Fev included.

What would happen if Watt were to come out, god forbidding, and totally towel up Fev?

While I don't think it will happen, it certainly is something that needs to be taken into account if the comments said are true.

just to clarify though - i dont think it was made public - it was a conversation he was having with his team mates at the time - that later transferred to North Melbourne and i can only think of one mutt that has gone from Carlton to North that was there when fev was

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:20 am 
Bruce Doull

I didn't see the show so what was said exactly?

I'd say what probably happened is Fev said Watt was a crap fullback after a match within earshot of McKernan and since going back to the Roos McKernan has said, "Hey Shannon, Fev reckons you're shit".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:21 am 
Bob Chitty

This stuff happens all the time. Apparently the saints were bagging all the blues players (especially Fev) during and after their game last year.

I don't think there is much in it but Fev needs to back it up if he wants to make those comments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:25 am 
Stephen Silvagni

You can't expect players to be on guard all the time. If Fev made that comment in confidence that it was staying with the people in earshot, he can't be blamed because some turd went and repeated it.

His record Vs North and Shannon Watt is sensational, he can say whatever he likes and another 8 goals Saturday will en the story.

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

Post subject: Fev on SEN
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:25 am 
Craig Bradley

YESTERDAY on the radio said that watt was a formidable opponent who had had a couple of good battles with so lets not get hysterical
Nice try by shinboner of the century to unsettle us and in particular our gun player and please dont take as gospel anything said on the footy show

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:29 am 
Wayne Johnston

Wojee wrote:
I didn't see the show so what was said exactly?

I'd say what probably happened is Fev said Watt was a crap fullback after a match within earshot of McKernan and since going back to the Roos McKernan has said, "Hey Shannon, Fev reckons you're shit".

I'd agree with that and also what ballistic blues said.
While there's probably a hint of truth in it I think Archer took a bit of license and was trying to get into Fevs' head. Last year Fev would have probably got sucked in and done something silly.....this year I think (hope) Fev's has matured enough to concentrate on his and the teams game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:32 am 
Robert Walls

Archer's been worded up by eddie to create a bit of "controversy" otherwise the show is boring. Ok, the show is boring, it's just that eddie doesn't know it.

Story of the week. Good FF says average FB is shit.

Hold the front page!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:35 am 
Bruce Doull

Wild Blue Yonder wrote:
Story of the week. Good FF says average FB is shit.

Hold the front page!!

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:18 am 
Trevor Keogh

WHO CARES!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:43 am 
Rod Ashman

Extremely poor form by Archer, Fev can say what he likes however, in private, but only one man made it public

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:15 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

ballistic blues wrote:
and you believe this shit, think about it the only way the kangas can win if they stop fev. Arch would have made those comments to get into fevs head and play mind games. especially saying the comments came from ex team mates im assuming teague and diggers he just wants to cause some unrest between the blues and if you ask me its a sign that the kangas are wooried.

Believe what you want but it sounded like a load of crap to me.

Pretty much what I thought when Archer said that last night.

Fev should just run up to Watt on Saturday and say "don't know what you were told, but its all true. How many goals to I have to kick before you sit on the pine"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:28 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Doesn't particularly bother me...

The Aussie cricketers do it all the time, McGrath especially likes to name a "bunny" ahead of each test series

The main thing is to back it up