Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:03 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:35 pm 
Bob Chitty

Having seen it on Foxtel 7 times so far.

Eddie's call during the last 10 mins of the final quarter would have to go down as history making.

Not only did he announce that " THEY"RE BACK"
but he sounded actually genuine in his enthusiasm. Now I know that this is hard to imagine and even harder to expect that it was genuine but boy does it sound like it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:12 pm 
John James

The Ch 9 coverage was good, particularly the complete broadcast of the trophy/medal presentation, our lap of honour/celebration and the coverage in our rooms, complete with club song and interviews.

This was priceless PR for the club, and our new sponsor, Dan Murphys would be stoked, especially when a magnum (champers) was brought out at the end.

Anyone who reckons the Wizard Cup isn't worthwhile, has their head buried in the sand.

And this doesn't even take into account the positive effects on the preparation of the team for the season, nor the extra cash in the bank.

The only negative in the coverage was Dermie, who didn't have a positive thing to say about the Blues. Even Eddie seemed to resist the impulse to blurt out Carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlton1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:14 pm 
Robert Walls

The only people that don't think the WC is worthwhile are those that didn't make it. Like those St supporters. They weren't saying that 12 months ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:14 pm 
John Nicholls

How good was it to see Denis strongly embrace Lance last night?

Their relationship has certainly turned the corner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:16 pm 
Bruce Doull

I gotta say, Eddie's call was pretty good. After all the shit I've hung on him, he did really well. See what happens when he's not calling a Filth match?

the downsides were Gary Lyon, who is just a tool, and Dermie, aka Captain Obvious. My mate calls him a grinning Jack O'Lantern.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:23 pm 
Rod Ashman

Eddie hasn't been that excited since the 99 PF :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:30 pm 
Robert Walls

As much as i hate him, I actually thought Eddie had a great call last night

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:33 pm 
John Nicholls

Eddie's two faced.

While I don't expect him to be pro-Carlton every time he mentions us, he only gets excited during Carlton matches so it looks like he has nothing against us and is a fair commentator.

Interesting to see what he'd be like if it was a Collingwood vs. Carlton WC GF.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:38 pm 
Rod Ashman

phoenix johnson wrote:
Eddie's two faced.

While I don't expect him to be pro-Carlton every time he mentions us, he only gets excited during Carlton matches so it looks like he has nothing against us and is a fair commentator.

He can't win...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:40 pm 
John Nicholls

fevolaaaa wrote:
phoenix johnson wrote:
Eddie's two faced.

He can't win...

That's right.

Once you've signed yourself over as a Collingwood supporter you are condemned to wander the earth forever whilst having abuse hurled at you for the team you support.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:10 pm 
Harry Vallence

Brereton did not utter one sensible comment all night.

I've never heard anyone talk so much shit on TV.

NOW YOU'RE JUST SOME CLUB THAT I USED TO KNOW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:22 pm 
Harry Vallence

George Harris wrote:
Brereton did not utter one sensible comment all night.

I've never heard anyone talk so much shit on TV.

Spot on George. He talked crap all night, but thats his usual form. One thing did surprise me was that he contradicted Eddie at one stage.

Eddie had just finished saying that the Eagles were drooping in the heat and then Dermie piped up that the Eagles would handle the heat better than the Blues.

I couldn't believe what I had heard as Dermie is usually so eager to agree with Eddie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:09 pm 
Bruce Doull

I can't stand Eddie's voice when he gets excited. Just sounds like a flower. When Prenda kicks the goal in the last qtr I want to be able to hear the roar...instead it's overshadowed by Eddie sounding like he's just had a movement after 9 days of constipation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:16 pm 
Bruce Doull

CK95 wrote:
I can't stand Eddie's voice when he gets excited. Just sounds like a flower.

Wow, I had Eddie pencilled down as more of a Roger David man myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:07 pm 
Harry Vallence

Dermie & G.Lyon are HACKS when it comes to special comments. They've only got gigs at Nine cause they're pissing in Eddie's pocket. I cannot believe why Nine haven't seen the light and sent these two imbeciles packing.

If any commentator couldn't say anything positive about Carlton last night, no matter where their allegiances lie, then they shouldn't be allowed on air ever again.

Suck Shit Dermie & Lyon you HACKS. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:51 pm 
Laurie Kerr

Kaptain Kouta wrote:
I gotta say, Eddie's call was pretty good. After all the shit I've hung on him, he did really well. See what happens when he's not calling a Filth match?

the downsides were Gary Lyon, who is just a tool, and Dermie, aka Captain Obvious. My mate calls him a grinning Jack O'Lantern.

good call, actually Ed has in all honesty has not been to unkind to us, has said he hates us but respects what we are about, and he is one of the best footy commentators going around when he is not calling Collingwood games. Dermie has got to be the biggest halfwit in football. Will never forget this piece of wisdom when Scotland was lining up for goal late in the last qtr to put us 21 pts in front. "West Coast would probably rather Carlton kick a goal here than a point so at least the ball would be back in the centre" :roll: Yeah right Dermie, Doesnt matter if they got the ball back to centre, they had no one to kick it to because they f***ed around with it too much. He should go and bury his head in the same sand that he wanted his Hawks to draw a line across in that debacle against Essendon*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:58 pm 
Craig Bradley

Bluesboy70 wrote:
Kaptain Kouta wrote:

good call, actually Ed has in all honesty has not been to unkind to us, has said he hates us but respects what we are about, and he is one of the best footy commentators going around when he is not calling Collingwood games. Dermie has got to be the biggest halfwit in football. Will never forget this piece of wisdom when Scotland was lining up for goal late in the last qtr to put us 21 pts in front. "West Coast would probably rather Carlton kick a goal here than a point so at least the ball would be back in the centre" :roll: Yeah right Dermie, Doesnt matter if they got the ball back to centre, they had no one to kick it to because they f***ed around with it too much. He should go and bury his head in the same sand that he wanted his Hawks to draw a line across in that debacle against Essendon*

Surely not! I can't recall hearing Dermie say that (maybe becasue I was floating in a daze) but that is one of the most freaking stupid things I have ever heard in my life. Yeah, lets hope they kick a goal so we can get the ball out of the centre and then kick a goal so the scores will be back to exactly what they freaking well are now.

Great game-plan Derm.

Bloody awful haircut too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:15 pm 
Laurie Kerr

Ponkstar wrote:
Bluesboy70 wrote:
Kaptain Kouta wrote:

Surely not! I can't recall hearing Dermie say that

Didnt actually say it but implied buy saying "as strange as it sounds, at least the ball would be back in the centre"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:16 pm 
John Nicholls

Bluesboy70 wrote:
Ponkstar wrote:
Bluesboy70 wrote:
Kaptain Kouta wrote:

Surely not! I can't recall hearing Dermie say that

Didnt actually say it but implied buy saying "as strange as it sounds, at least the ball would be back in the centre"

Well at least he can acknowledge he's a flower.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:37 am 
Ken Hunter

Yeah, I was wondering what the hell he was tooling on about there. He's useless.