Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:21 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Typical HeraldScum !!!!!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:52 pm 
Laurie Kerr

Yesterdays front page had a picture of "Diver" Lloyd with a story of his 4-6 week injury. Todays Page 3 had a full page article discussing Mrs Buckley selling her ATTEMPTED baby plans to a womens magazine. When will people reporting for this trailer-trash tabloid get a ****ING life !!!! and report on REAL issues FFS :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:56 am 
Rod Ashman

Topping that is the fact that there is a picture of some rugby player on the back page.... hello... is there anyone home there?

Carlton vs W Coast 40,000 people

Stormers vs Knights 10,000 people.

By my calculations I would have thought Carlton deserved the back page of the newspaper... probably 4 times more worthy of the back page.

The media in all states goes out of its way to support Rugby League -especially the print media. My answer - see through the hype as Rugby is after all a repetitive and boring game in comparison to the Australian code of footy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:00 am 
Ken Hunter

:shock:

They're kidding, aren't they?

Cripes, up here in NSW we got a load of absolute tripe in the editorial of the Sunday paper. I quote:

Bullshit editorial wrote:
How good is it to see the rugged men of rugby league

There is no code as exhilirating or thrilling as rugby league

And in the sport section:

Ricky Stuart wrote:
We have to protect the best game in Australia from the threats of rugby union and AFL

Fair dinkum! I wanted to kill something after reading that crap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:21 am 
Rod Ashman

Halford, I tell you the media has it in for AFL. If a match attended by 40,000 - more than what they get for most soccer matches in england - can't even make the back pages of the state it was played in then there is obvious bias against the Australian game.

Your quotes only go to further emphasise the bias against the AUSTRALIAN code of football.

Rugby League and Union are good in their place (ie in prison) but what do they offer compared to AFL? Nothing. Most people are so easily manipulated by the media that they will go on believing the trash they are spoon fed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:27 am 
Rod Ashman

thehalford wrote:
:shock:

They're kidding, aren't they?

Cripes, up here in NSW we got a load of absolute tripe in the editorial of the Sunday paper. I quote:

How good is it to see the rugged men of rugby league

There is no code as exhilirating or thrilling as rugby league

And in the sport section:

Halford - are you sure you got the whole quote.

I can't believe that that was editorial comment - what newspaper was it?
I have to see it with my own eyes.

"There is no code as exhilirating or thrilling as rugby league" - is there someway to find out who wrote this editorial? I would have them check into a funny farm asap. Maybe he/she is a comedian?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:31 am 
Bruce Comben

The fact that Murdoch ( News Limited ) owns most of the Melbourne Storm, probably influences' that back page.

The sad part is that these Rugby League wankers look confused when you ask them the question, If this game is so great why don't you get any large AFL sized crowds along to the games ? GAME OVER !

Today the Sydney press is quotes that the NRL is ecstatic over round 1 crowd total of 129,000 to 7 matches and even then there was a crowd of over 35,000 at Brisbane and thats a 1 team town in rugby league too.

Pathetic !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:35 am 
Ken Hunter

tap in 79 wrote:
Halford - are you sure you got the whole quote.

I can't believe that that was editorial comment - what newspaper was it?
I have to see it with my own eyes.

"There is no code as exhilirating or thrilling as rugby league" - is there someway to find out who wrote this editorial? I would have them check into a funny farm asap. Maybe he/she is a comedian?

It was the Sunday Telegraph tap. I'm not sure if they were the exact quotes, but it was the gist of the thing anyway. It was the 'last word' editorial - maybe two paragraphs about something or other.

That Ricky Stuart quote was from a whole article he wrote talking about pouring more money into the morons that are already out there instead of spreading the game. Oh wait - they tried that and failed abysmally, didn't they? And they have the gall to suggest they are the 'national' code. Bloody hell. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:51 pm 
Bruce Comben

As an ex NSWelshman now living in Melbourne, I can tell you that you have absolutely no worries from the NRL taking over anything down here, no matter how much the News Ltd media pumps it up. The NRL has a fundamental problem in that they've moved too far away from their roots IMHO. Like booting the Bunnies out of the comp f'rinstance, and establishing teams that reallyl aren't working in non RL towns. You've gotta have a go, fair enough, but after a time it just means they're flogging a dead horse.

The storm had more journos than people at their season launch......they are constantly propped up by large cash injections by their bosses at News.....fair enough they are a half decent playing unit, but without the rest of the admin etc they'll get nowhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:03 pm 
St Kilda Supporter

Well at least they have Carlton as the 6th favorite for the flag, which is ahead of Melbourne, who towards the end of last year were on top of the ladder............