Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:18 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:25 pm 
Bob Chitty

I was asked a question on the weekend.

How many goals were kicked on Livo durin the WC?

So HOW BAD A JOB DID HE DO???

His task is to stop his opponent kicking goals. None against the Dogs, None against the Dees, 1 against the bummers and 2 against the weagles.

Not bad!

How many did FEV, Whits and Lappo kick against their opponents?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:31 pm 
Harry Vallence

Geesh SOS's/ Southby's must grow on trees and are ready to pluck every spring hey? A FB is only as good as those around him like any other player out there. (After all the 2 mentioned above were perfect the moment they pulled on a blue guernsey and stood by their man).

The kid did his job he had 3 goals scored on him and pressured Lynch, his blue teammates backed him up with numbers. You cannot stop a kick thats headed straight for a forwards chest or kicked to his advantage. Got some news let them enjoy the moment and get some confidence and well see how Livo goes from there.

(Do any of you knockers remember Shane Warnes first test match?? If yall did he would never have gotten another game with some of you. ie 2 wickets for 150 runs ring a bell?)[color=violet]
[/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:40 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Go Livo!!

Never going to be a SOS or Southby. Problem is he's living in the shadow's of some very good full-back's in this club's rich history. He's also living in the shadow of the ever popular Bret Thornton.

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:02 pm 
Craig Bradley

There is no doubt in my mind that Livo is going to have some bags kicked on him this year. There is also little doubt that he is going to have some games where a Lloyd or a Neitz is going to be taken out of the game due to Livo's defensive pressure.

Just remember that FB is the only position on the ground where getting beaten by your man is measured solely by how many goals they kicked, rather than all facets of the match.

If Stevens gets well held, we say bad luck, had a bad game, got beaten on the day. If Livo gets 6-7 kicked on him he will have the shit bagged out of him by some people - and he might only let his opponent get 8 kicks for the day.

I remember Lockett kicked 10 goals on SOS once, and I think Dunstall touched him up once or twice too; but SOS also had his days when he kept these guys without a sniff.

What is my point? I am not bloody sure really, except to say be careful of expecting Luke to beat his opponent each week. At the same time, when he does get beaten remember its all part of the game and it doesn't mean he's not cut out for the FB possie. All players get beaten from time to time, even the greats. Luke is still learning his trade and gathering experience.

If he can handle the pressure this year, I would hope he will keep developing in his craft be an ultra reliable defender in 2-3 years time.