Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:42 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:28 pm 
Robert Walls

Kicking out from a behind, in all of our games so far, we have been able to set up goals from our kick outs. In the last few years we have been really bad doing this, but with the kicking skills of Stevens, Houla and Campo, we are definatly hitting more targets.

Plus Pagan has introduced the playing on at all costs, which creates more space for the running midfielders.

Keep it up Blues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:30 pm 
Ken Hunter

Movement of ball without waiting for the umpire to finish his flag waving :roll: has also contributed to this. Keep any eye on the first few rounds, better indication.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:42 pm 
Craig Bradley

SurreyBlue wrote:
Movement of ball without waiting for the umpire to finish his flag waving :roll: has also contributed to this. Keep any eye on the first few rounds, better indication.

agree, but you cant dismiss the fact that our ability to go from one end of the ground to another has been the best it has been for a bloody long time.

and it comes down to two things - skills and the speed at which we can now play.

not waiting for the goal umpire sure helps - one of the rules i would like to see come into the real game, that, and the hit the post and it comes back into the field of play and its playon, but its abit insulting to our players to suggest that is why we are able to do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:47 pm 
Garry Crane

SurreyBlue wrote:

Agree Surrey, it’s a rule we have adapted to very well. From what I have seen, WC do it very well also. Watch out for the second possession to Judd/Fletcher, very much a set-play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:54 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Livo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:03 pm 
Rod Ashman

ThePrez wrote:
not waiting for the goal umpire sure helps - one of the rules i would like to see come into the real game, .

We'd need to bring in the 4 boundary umpire system used in the Wizard Cup as well then as they use that mini break as a very well deserved break. This wont happen because its so much extra wages for the AFL to pay.

Generally the flags beat them anyway because of the two goal umpires, the flags are waved almost instantly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:15 pm 
Ken Hunter

ThePrez wrote:
agree, but you cant dismiss the fact that our ability to go from one end of the ground to another has been the best it has been for a bloody long time.

and it comes down to two things - skills and the speed at which we can now play..

Two of the reasons why I think we have a good year. Wizard cup or not.....I'M EXCITED.