Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:41 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:31 am 
Craig Bradley

well - what say you all you negative pricks :wink:

ive constantly heard that we are the shittest team in the comp and we got pumped by the forth shittest team in the comp.

i dont believe that.

Against Fremantle - we where up against a Rampant Pavlich
Against Port - we where up against a rampant Burgoyne

with the exception of those two losses we have played some really good football the last few weeks, probably our best football for the year.

We where terrible yesterday - but clubs have bad days at the office. No more no less.

By some of your own admission you rate Carlton as the worst list in the comp due to the fact that we lost to the 12th placed buumers.

What about the Eagles? Should they just give up and go home? They got flogged by a team that is sits 5 positions lower than them? They lost by 76 points against a list i wouldnt rate as highly as the Eagles list, yet they lost by 76 points.

What say you negative nellies?

Yesterday was one of those games, where they did everything right, and we did everything wrong and you guys are taking far to many liberties from the lost to try and ram home your point about where our list is at.

This season has been terrible, we played some good footy for the first 6 games, and some good footy the last 5 games, we where terrible inbetween and we where terrible yesterday, but ask yourself, why has our season been so terrible when compared to the likes of Hawthorn that have had a reasonably good year?

We will certainly benefit from some good draft picks, as would any club, but i dont think our list is anywhere near as crap as you guys like to suggest. Waite, Walker, Betts, Fisher, Bentick, Simpson, T-Bird (had a shocker yesterday) McGrath, Linvingston, Stevens, Bryan, Russel, Blackwell, Hartlett, O'Haplhins are where our future lies and they are all coming along nicely. I just dont accept that our list is as bad as you guys like to suggest. We are a young side, and with young sides, performances like what happened yesterday will happen. Pagan will tell you that 100 times until he is blue in the face. Was it acceptable? No, but its a by product of a young side.

So should the Weagles just shut up shop, forget about winning a flag and tank next year becuase i cant seem them winning the GF while it is played in Melbourne.

SHould they just resign to the fact and "tank" next year and get some more "quality" into their side. Surely a team that sits 1 game clear on the top of the ladder has the list capable of winning a flag?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:41 am 
Robert Walls

THe Eagles ladder position is an accurate reflection of where they are at; and so is ours.
Hardly got the basis of an argument there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:42 am 
Stephen Kernahan

clutching at straws Prez.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:50 am 
Craig Bradley

not clutching at straws

they lost by 76 points - the best team in the comp.

we lost by 99

hardly a massive difference is there.

teams have bad days, no more, no less.

i just think everyone is finally succumbed to the constant battering of synbad's opinion of our club and its list.

i agree we arent going to win any flags if we play like we did yesterday, but teams do have bad days (carlton) just as other teams have good days (buumers).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:54 am 
Robert Walls

Damn it you're right Prez.
Hammer, please cue Monty Python track ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:57 am 
Harry Vallence

I gotta laugh.

All the tankers are pissed off because we got thrashed.....

But they all wanted us to lose?

Sometimes you get what you wish for.

Me, I thought we'd thrash the Bombers. They had one of those days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:59 am 
Garry Crane

Comparing our "bad day" to the Eagles "bad day" really is clutching at straws.

We have had alot of "bad days" this year - the fact is, we're a crap team that is capable of having a "good day" if everything goes right on the day

The Eagles are a good team capable of having a "bad day" if everything goes wrong on the day

That's the reality - we are miles away from the Eagles, to compare us to them really is ridiculous. We were beaten by 99 points by the team that is FOURTH LAST on the ladder, and you're now comparing us to the team that is FIRST???? We only wish we were in the Eagles league.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:05 am 
Craig Bradley

im not comparing us to the eagles at all.

just pointing out something.

we are miles from the quality of the eagles, no doubt in that one minute.

but the eagles have hardly looked flash the last few weeks have they? They certainly cant seem to win in Melbourne at all.

Now my point is, if a list as good as West Coast has got, doesnt look like it is going to win a GF - doesnt that tell you something?

They have had high draft picks, they have a quality list, hell they even sit top of the ladder, yet i cant see them winning the GF.

Should they just give up and go home?

bax - i hope you dont think im a "tanker" im anything but. However, i did think we would lose, just always seems the way with Essendo Carlton games, the team that is playing the better football (Carlton) always seems to lose against the team that is playing poorly (Essendon*) its just happened so many times i reckon Jarusa could work out some cold hard facts about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:49 am 
Rod Ashman

ThePrez wrote:
teams have bad days, no more, no less.

You 100% sure about that? Prez you've been telling us in another forum that 'teams' don't have bad days it's the opposition just playing better.

:P

Today, when I take a close look at my Baggy Green, as I often do, I see mateship, camaraderie and teamwork, and a sense of belonging. I hope that its legacy lives on and the spirit it provides stays strong. Stephen 'Tugga' Waugh - Never Say Die.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:51 am 
Craig Bradley

:lol: - no bec - we where soundly beaten by the buumers.

thats the difference.

but for everything they did right, we did just as much wrong.

it was just one of those days.

dont think the same argument can be used when a test lasts 5 days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:52 am 
Rod Ashman

ThePrez wrote:
:lol: - no bec - we where soundly beaten by the buumers.

thats the difference.

but for everything they did right, we did just as much wrong.

it was just one of those days.

dont think the same argument can be used when a test lasts 5 days.

:lol: :lol: Just checking!

Today, when I take a close look at my Baggy Green, as I often do, I see mateship, camaraderie and teamwork, and a sense of belonging. I hope that its legacy lives on and the spirit it provides stays strong. Stephen 'Tugga' Waugh - Never Say Die.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:48 am 
Rod Ashman

One of the papers today compared us to Fitzroy in 1996.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:12 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

ThePrez wrote:
I just dont accept that our list is as bad as you guys like to suggest. We are a young side, and with young sides, performances like what happened yesterday will happen.

So the fact that Essendon* fielded a younger side should be ignored?

We have won 21 of our past 87 home and away games.
We were beaten by a younger side with shitloads of injuries, by 99 points.

Yet you dont believe our list is bad?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:16 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Stop bogarting that joint Scotty... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:26 pm 
Bruce Doull

darknavy wrote:
One of the papers today compared us to Fitzroy in 1996.

Unfavourably, it can be added.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:29 pm 
Robert Walls

Ah, That's it .. since we only did around 20 points worse than the Eagles, we shoud really be in the top 4. :-D

Now I'd better wake up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:58 pm 
Harry Vallence

Weagles had some significant cattle injured or out of their team on the weekend. I know it shouldn't be used as an excuse but it does make a significant difference.

The Blues put their best side on the park against the bummers and copped a hiding to end all hidings. It was a disgraceful heartless incompetent display from a team which is seemingly falling further into a black hole of mediocrity.

And yes I was upset the about the Blues game, just in case it was not already clear... :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:14 pm 
Craig Bradley

i get the impression that you guys think i rate our list as good as the eagles?

if that is the case i apologise, that wasnt my intention at all.

I used Eagles as an example, that any team, from time to time can get flogged.

We arent half the team that the Eagles are, but i dont think we are as bad as people make us out to be either.

the point of the thread, which some seemed to have missed is that, even the Eagles, the best team in the comp (still think they will struggle to win the GF) can get flogged by a team that hasnt been setting the world on fire the last few months.

we got flogged on the weekend - but the thing everyone is quick to forget, is that where the drive has come from in the last month or so has been the kids, simpson, bentick, betts, wiate etc.. and it was those kids that struggled yesterday.

and that is a constant theme among younger playing groups.

just thought that it should be put forth to counter the argument that we are so shit that none of our players should be at the club next year.

the worrying thing IMO - is our senior players seem no longer capable nor motivated enought to inspire the youth in our team. It is our youth that is doing it all themselves.

Compare our senior players input to Essendon*'s senior player input yesterday and their in lies the differences in the result. Llyod 7 goals, Johnson 6 goals, hird 3 goals. Thats 16 goals from 3 of their senior players, no wonder their kids played well. Our senior players arent doing to much at the moment. It has been our kids that have shown the massive improvment in the last few weeks, and that gives me hope that we arent as bad as some here believe.

we are in for the long haul, no dbout in that, and we will benefit from early draft picks, but wanting to lose is never ever an acceptably approach for any club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:27 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Prez,

Can you respond to the facts put forward by BV?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:29 pm 
Harry Vallence

Prez

Its true everyone cops a flogging now and then, but sadly the blues have copped more than most over the last few seasons.

I will say this about our list - Whilst I would suggest we have a lot of passengers in the team, there is some strong POTENTIAL there in the likes of Bentick, Betts, Walker, Carazzo, simmo, Waite, Thornton, Bryan .... Whether this POTENTIAL makes the list "not as bad as you think" is the million daollar question. The answer will come in time, but we definitely need to get rid of some deadwood players and add the best players possible that we can.