Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:24 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: A call to arms!!!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:11 am 
Harry Vallence

Since getting involved with TBV last year and now TC, it has changed my view on membership completely. Living in Perth, and with extensive weekend commitments, I generally can't get to any Blue's games in a year, so I have never seen the value proposition in buying a membership.

The community of Carlton posters has helped me to see that it is not what the club can do for me, but what I can do for the club.

As a result I put $50 into the Karl Norman sponsorship drive on TBV, have pledged $25 for another player on TC and have taken out a Blue membership (before the first Wizard Cup game) with the club.

I'm not looking for recognition or congratulations, I realise that other posters here do substantially more either with time, money or both. I'm posting this in the sincere hope that it resonates with at least one Blue supporter who has never bought a membership and helps them to see the benefits.

Those of you with disposable capital, please through a little bit of it towards the club that we all love.

Go Blues for 35,000+ members in 05!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:17 am 
Ken Hunter

Nice one Steve. Welcome to TC and the wonderful world of being a CFC member :lol: A world where only the best people hang out :wink:

And I say 'best' when compared to Mandy and her co-horts :P

Regards Cazzesman

Post subject: Re: A call to arms!!!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:53 am 
Craig Bradley

steve wrote:
Since getting involved with TBV last year and now TC, it has changed my view on membership completely. Living in Perth, and with extensive weekend commitments, I generally can't get to any Blue's games in a year, so I have never seen the value proposition in buying a membership.

The community of Carlton posters has helped me to see that it is not what the club can do for me, but what I can do for the club.

As a result I put $50 into the Karl Norman sponsorship drive on TBV, have pledged $25 for another player on TC and have taken out a Blue membership (before the first Wizard Cup game) with the club.

I'm not looking for recognition or congratulations, I realise that other posters here do substantially more either with time, money or both. I'm posting this in the sincere hope that it resonates with at least one Blue supporter who has never bought a membership and helps them to see the benefits.

Those of you with disposable capital, please through a little bit of it towards the club that we all love.

Go Blues for 35,000+ members in 05!

great work mate, good to see you geton-board.

IMO the benefits of being a member is ten fold. Wins mean more, losses mean more when you are a member and becuase of that anyone and everyone should get on board as an offical member.

kudos to you steve - did you get the interstate membership or just normal silver membership?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:11 pm 
Garry Crane

Well said.

Get on baord everyone!!!!

Post subject: Re: A call to arms!!!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:01 pm 
Harry Vallence

steve wrote:

Kudos to you Steve! :D

Mine is a similar story. When I moved to Sydney a few years ago I didnt renew my membership coz I couldn't get to any games and my passion for the Blues waned a little due to the lack of anything AFL over here. Out of sight out of mind kinda thing.

But since discovering TBV and now TC it's amazing how my passion and love for the Blues was rekindled again!! I can still remember sharing Walker's debut and sharing the angst of the Draft period with like-minded Carlton fanatics last year- doesn't get any better than that!! 8) :D As such, I bought Long Distance SC membership a couple of weeks ago. My mates here think I'm nuts- but how do you explain how much you love something to people who wouldn't understand!?! :wink: :D

YARRAN!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:35 pm 
Trevor Keogh

I am a little further away than most (in a country where no-one has heard of the sport), but I joined TBV and was convinced... Camelboy convinced me to get the Blue Membership it doesn't get me tickets, and I have received nothing more than an out of date group e-mail, but I feel like I have joined my comrades, the elite, the non-Collingwood, the Mighty Navy Blue Terror Machine. We will scare more than they think this year, and I want to be a part of that...