Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:53 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:47 am 
Rod Ashman

The Membership department has done a sensational job in getting my membership pack to me four days before the end of the wizard cup. Last year it was two days before round 1 and the year before it was round 3.
BTW each year they happily take my money in December.

Next year I am hoping for round 2 of the Wizzer and then in 07 I am hoping to recieve it before the season actually starts.

Anyway - awesome seats at the Dome - Front row of the top deck smack bang on the wing

Crap seats at the G - upper second level (P) which you would think is OK but from the map it looks likes one of those seats where all you see is one goalpost because they are all lined up against eachother. And I paid for premium gold seats - Will probably ditch those seats and sit in the AFL reserve. I hope that its not too full for the Port and Freo game (Stupid fixturing designed to cost CFC money so that all games will eventually go to the Dome)

Last optus seat and the nobs have moved me a few seats along - never mind that I had seat B for 20 years I am in H for the swansong.

Sticker was naf too - Very unimaginative - I still liked my suggestion better

Carlton '05 - Whos your Daddy!!!

The magnet with the fixture sucked - why do I meed the postal address in giant writing taking up half the space when the fixtue is tiny and could have been bigger.

The lanyards are a nice addition and make the tickets eazy to find at home.

Lifestyle book is a nice addition - we should have a TC function on the Riverboat cruise and all use our vouchers, Then as a group have complementry tour of the G Then all buy some specs to get 50% off
Eagerly anticipating the disappointment of the cap. Then get some cheap dry cleaning together.

Lets thump the wiggles on Saturday night so that Demitriou can publically present us with a giant novelty cheque - then I want Pagan to ask for his licence so he can check the signature.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:03 am 
Adrian Gallagher

Alas, I am still waiting for mine.

I hope that just because I live in Sydney, doesn't mean I don't need to get my membership before the start of the season.

See you all on Saturday at the dome.

DH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:20 am 
Robert Walls

Don't tell me you paid the premium price for level 3 seats at TD. I could not believe they were trying to charge premium prices to sit on level 3.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:24 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Yep that's a disgrace.

Social club still the best value I reckon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:31 am 
Craig Bradley

bluehammer wrote:
Yep that's a disgrace.

Social club still the best value I reckon.

yep - i studied everything pretty hard and i reckon for the best overall seats you just need Social Club :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:39 am 
Robert Walls

I'm not social club but something around the $300 mark for long distance 11?? and I thought this was supposed to get you level 1 / 2 seating. I haven't chased anything up because I'm too lazy, but does this mean I could've paid SFA and ended up in the rafters anyway?

mmm, what should one do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:59 am 
Craig Bradley

that doesnt sound right

i think its $330 for Social Club 11, $300 for long distance sounds a tad expensive, but i dont have any membership details at the moment

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:04 am 
Craig Bradley

jsut checked the membership line

$125 for Silver Long Distance
$255 for Social Club Long Distance
$270 for Gold Long Distance
$320 for Premium Gold Long Distance
$330 for Social Gold Long Distance
$380 for Premium Social Gold Long Distance

so which do you have?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:19 am 
Stephen Kernahan

BlueWorld wrote:
Don't tell me you paid the premium price for level 3 seats at TD.

It all depends on your perspective BW.

We had seats on Lvl 2 last year, but they were right up the back and I felt like the overhang of level 3 was going to crumble and crush us under there!

We have moved to front row lvl 3 wing as well, and we love it there :D Big props to the membership dept for the work they put in to keep the Cazzes happy this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:27 am 
Garry Crane

ok fair enough that you're sick of waiting for your membership. But, can we just remember that the membership department is doing the best they can. I went in yesterday, and i know one of the girls that works there, she was telling me that they recieve applications that aren't filled in properly, peoples names are missing, they havent filled in what membership they want, etc.

They have 22 000 memberships to deal with, along with the customers who are constantly complaining that they havnt received theirs yet.

BTW, you can't use your membership at the Wizard Cup games anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:42 am 
Robert Walls

Mrs Caz wrote:
BlueWorld wrote:
Don't tell me you paid the premium price for level 3 seats at TD.

It all depends on your perspective BW.

We had seats on Lvl 2 last year, but they were right up the back and I felt like the overhang of level 3 was going to crumble and crush us under there!

We have moved to front row lvl 3 wing as well, and we love it there :D Big props to the membership dept for the work they put in to keep the Cazzes happy this year.

Sat in similar seats for the Geelong game last year and yes they're quite good but only paid $5.50 for them (level 2 would have cost $30 I think) so can't understand why club are charging $50 extra for them.

It also means they're pushing silver members up to the very top which is a bit unfair. I thought Collo when he took the job at TD said level 3 would be walk up only.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:12 pm 
Robert Walls

It'd be the Gold Long Distance, Scotty my friend. Where does that get one a piece of plastic?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:15 pm 
Robert Walls

maybe I could upgrade for an extra $60 to Social Club - or are you blokes in there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:33 pm 
Harry Vallence

i get long distance silver....last year at the dome was suppose to sit on level three but instead stood downstairs behind the goals, much better love standing at the footy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:45 pm 
John Nicholls

Am re-signing on the Family Day.
Am heavily considering the Social Club membership.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:53 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

dancingHomer, I'm a Sydney-sider and received my Social Club membership about a week ago.

PJ, I'd seriously consider it, particularly if you can get concession. It's only $170 for a concession and it's definitely worth it.

For the Pies and Scum games you'll have to book at Ticketmaster to reserve though (I'll assume they will be fully ticketed games)

- Igor Stravinsky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:04 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

PJ for you social club would be the best (I'm assuming you're still concession)...

$225 for 17 games. Gotta be happy with that. Good seating on the Level 1 flank as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:57 pm 
Rod Ashman

We got social club - great seats & you are still able to friends along as well. And you also have full use of the sticks room (so beer in glasses - very important). As long as you make full use of the facilities available & you go to all of the games I think it's great value for money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:50 pm 
Robert Walls

bump

any feedback on whether I get a seat on lvl one at the dome with my super long distance pack worth $270 smackeroos?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:21 pm 
Craig Bradley

bluegirldanielle wrote:
We got social club - great seats & you are still able to friends along as well. And you also have full use of the sticks room (so beer in glasses - very important). As long as you make full use of the facilities available & you go to all of the games I think it's great value for money.

more important questions need to be asked.

like is bec a carlton social club member :wink: :D

BH is, Myself and my Father are, PJ will be soon wont you PJ, FullMont is, BluegirlDanielle is, Cammo is thinking about it.

Actually, of those of you crazy enough to consider yourself TC Squad who isnt Social Club?