Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:02 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:09 am 
Harry Vallence

I took exception to thsi in her article, that and the fact that given her track record of predicting the devine - he wont play

http://www.theage.com.au/realfooty/news ... 57543.html

"This might not be a genuine grand final but even pre-season grand finals don't come along every day. Certainly not for the Blues and their fans, who finally have something to sing about."

Tell me, carro exactly how many grandfinals, pre season or otehrwise has richmond participated in in the last 20 years??

I'll give you something to sing about.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:15 am 
Craig Bradley

go get her melle :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:21 am 
Trevor Keogh

we don't have many friends in the media!

you can add anthony hudson to the list!! last night on SEN robert shaw was almost glowing in his assessment of carlton during the preseason, even calling us the form team of the comp!

huddo kept interrupting him to try and put our performance in the context of weak opposition "yeah but bulldogs turned the ball over too much ... ". huddo though made no such concessions for weagles, describing their performance AT HOME as awesome blah blah blah.

there's gonna be a lot of disappointed media twats over the coming years ... of course i'm gonna feel sooooo sorry for them!! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:25 am 
Ken Hunter

How the hell can they call two of last years finalist (Essendon* & Melbourne) as weak opposition. :roll: We beat Melbourne with at nearly full strength and the Doggies although struggling last year, where playing good footy before meeting us.

Just morons, not prepared to accept :evil: we are here in 2005, earlier than anyone anticipated or wanted. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:39 am 
Ken Hunter

You know the world is good and proper when people can't give the blue baggers the credit they deserve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:46 am 
Stephen Kernahan

maxyblue wrote:
you can add anthony hudson to the list!! last night on SEN robert shaw was almost glowing in his assessment of carlton during the preseason, even calling us the form team of the comp!

Speaking of Robert Shaw, did anyone else hear the bloke ring up who had seen him at the Dome on Saturday night and at quarter time said 'hey, thanks for Cory McGrath'.

Rob or someone.

Shaw not happy about it at all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:47 am 
Robert Walls

...but she has tipped us to finish in the eight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:13 am 
Rod Ashman

bluehammer wrote:
Speaking of Robert Shaw, did anyone else hear the bloke ring up who had seen him at the Dome on Saturday night and at quarter time said 'hey, thanks for Cory McGrath'.

Rob or someone.

Shaw not happy about it at all!

hammer, he couldn't help himself by saying he wanted to thank Carlton for the 1993 flag!!!! Smart-arse... :evil:

I hope the club get a copy of that and replay just prior to running out in Rd.2

I was waiting for someone to ring and thank the scum for 99 and listen to him squirm. Someone rang up and also thanked him for Banno. :lol: It was funny. Prior to that smart-alec comment by Shaw he was quite glowing in his praise of our form and especially Lance who he called the scum's most dangerous opponent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:14 am 
Rod Ashman

I'm rapt we're in the Wizzy gf but I must say, back in our glory days i was pretty derisive about the Wiz. It has though proved to be a good guide to the season in that the finalists have usually had a good season. It's not the same as the real season and probably only half the sides were fair dinkum, but I'd still love to win it AND carry that form into the proper season. It's more about how we have played, which has been great and building belief etc, and as dennis said to a success starved club with lots of young players it will be a big boost, not too mention the advanatges of being on tv 4 weeks in a row and being in the papers etc.

and i think dennis sticks and carey have sen enough success to know it is just a stepping stone and not an end in itself

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:16 am 
Wayne Johnston

Huddo was trying to make an issue of Fevolas involvement in the collision that left that footscray guy injured on saturday night.
Clearly nothing in it but huddo was trying. Walls shut him down.

Hates Carlton, Huddo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:18 am 
Harry Vallence

also liked it when he tried to make a crack about grandfinals and was told that perhaps as a geelong supporter he should shut it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:41 am 
Trevor Keogh

club29 wrote:
Huddo was trying to make an issue of Fevolas involvement in the collision that left that footscray guy injured on saturday night.
Clearly nothing in it but huddo was trying. Walls shut him down.

Hates Carlton, Huddo.

hi club29,

while huddo's not my fave commentator, i have a feeling it was tim lane who felt that fevola could've/should've done something different. i'm only going by the deeper timbre of tim's voice, as opposed to huddo's metallic yet-to-reach-puberty shrill.

huddo though rubbished walls' claim that fev was within kicking distance at some stage of the 1st qtr. we all saw fev kick goals from there last year and fev did go close with that shot. huddo reckoned fev was 75m ... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:50 am 
Ken Hunter

75 meters from the bar.....and me 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:54 am 
Craig Bradley

Huddo's effort last night was pure sour grapes and a tad pathetic. He was desperate for Geelong to make it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:32 am 
Robert Walls

Huddo's just plain desperate to make an impression.

little man, little %^&*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:43 am 
formerly Josh Kaplan

No problem at all with Huddo- hes one of the quality comms going around at the moment.
You guys are so paranoid!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:51 am 
Bruce Doull

Huddo's alright for a pencil-necked geek.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:56 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Is it just me . What is wrong with what Caro wrote. I think Carlton needs this GF more than any other club in the AFL inc Bulldogs and Kangas. I didnt feel she was denigrating the club. I think Carlton suporters are overly sensitive to commentators opinions these days because of the last 3 years happenings

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:58 am 
Robert Walls

No I was thinking the same thing. It's quite a positive article. Don't know what all the fuss is about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:15 am 
Trevor Keogh

Josh Kaplan wrote:
No problem at all with Huddo- hes one of the quality comms going around at the moment.
You guys are so paranoid!

i have no problem with you liking huddo, but that doesn't mean, per se, that others are paranoid! the two are not linked.