Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:14 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: M&D: Blues v Bullants
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:46 pm 
Geoff Southby

http://carltonfc.com.au/default.asp?pg= ... eid=218179

Look I know this doesn't say much and there isn't much consolation at this point of time, but I think the 2005's of these clubs highlight that we've got a lot of solid players. We're just really lacking that highly skilled player, especially with the decline of Kouta, Campo and Lappin and the off the boil Stevens. We can't win the ball at the top level.

I seriously think we do have a base to work with, but there are way too many missing links as you probably all know.

Yes, you could say that the Bullants are good because we've got a lot of old hacks out there, but thats not right as our list overall is young. What we have are players capable of playing smaller roles at the top level.

I can only suggest that the Bullants performance is great for Setanta in learning the game, and a real positive for the rookies getting a go ie Jesse Smith.

M