Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 1:16 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 9:48 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

What do we know about Cerra injury?

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 10:25 am 
Laurie Kerr

jezzarules wrote:
What do we know about Cerra injury?

Haven't heard but given his history doubt he would be risked unless it was no more than hamstring awareness which it didn't sound like.

Hopefully Newman doesn't get a week - arguably insufficient force - n=but we might need to plan for both to be missing.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 10:25 am 
Bruce Comben

jim wrote:
A couple of bloke will be fitter for the run after this week. Cunningham back for Durdin. Boy is he out of form.

I think Durdin has been terrible this year and gone backwards at a rate of knots.

But there were a couple of times in F50 last night where he was one touch and clean which led to a goal. Not sure if it's enough to keep him in the side though.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 12:03 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Motlop was listed as 1-2 weeks (lol) so I guess he would be an outside chance for this game, but given Cerra just re-injured his hammy first game back I suspect they’ll be a bit more conservative and give him another week.

The amount of hamstrings we are doing is beyond a joke. Serious questions need to be asked of AR. Motlop did one in training while recovering from a toe injury. How tf does that happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 12:47 pm 
Ken Hunter

If Newman gets a week, we need to challenge it. The bloke threw himself backwards.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 1:20 pm 
Rod Ashman

We’ll need someone faster than Hewett or Kennedy to sit on Gulden. I suspect Cottrell is the only one who could run with him. I also suspect Luke Parker will come back into the team and with a point to prove. Hewett or Kennedy should sit on him too - can’t let him get going on our watch.
Newman for Henney? Or maybe Cincotta, after his performance against Kosi?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 1:29 pm 
Bruce Doull

Sides like Sydney & Port have kind of the opposite midfields to ours. Next 2 weeks will be fascinating

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 1:30 pm 
Bruce Doull

jake_h03 wrote:
Motlop was listed as 1-2 weeks (lol) so I guess he would be an outside chance for this game, but given Cerra just re-injured his hammy first game back I suspect they’ll be a bit more conservative and give him another week.

The amount of hamstrings we are doing is beyond a joke. Serious questions need to be asked of AR. Motlop did one in training while recovering from a toe injury. How tf does that happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He was moving well in the rehab group when I had a peek at training this week, really well. But I hope they don't do anything dumb with him.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 1:31 pm 
Geoff Southby

Our first quarter is what we are capable of and I expect to carry that in next week and flog the Swans on there own dunghill . We are due . In fact we are overdue . Get up there boys and bully "em .

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 4:18 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

CARLTON'S Nic Newman has escaped suspension for his late bump on Melbourne's Alex Neal-Bullen during Thursday night's one-point win at the MCG.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 5:39 pm 
Harry Vallence

And what does AI think about our next game .....

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 5:54 pm 
Bruce Doull

New ball sponsor, nice.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 5:56 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Clearly, only AI could make Shaun Hampson look tough

Go Blues

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 7:02 pm 
Bruce Doull

Not sure about those hamstrings.....

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 8:05 pm 
Rod Ashman

i've come to the conclusion we are so busy panicking when we get ahead because of the weight of expectation. this is the first year we have been favourites for basically anything aside from the wooden spoon in twenty years, and the players are struggling with the psychological pressure of being not only top four favourites and early on, flag favourites, but favourites in most games this season. the players are in unchartered territory and they are missing the calmness of doc.

the pressure was off against the dees in the first half as everyone expected them to win, and we belted them. yet when the mental pressure of being expected to win was put back on, we pooed the bed. same as against geelong, but we kicked ourselves out of it, and same when we choked against adelaide and the fumbles against the pies

thus, if my theory is correct, as we will be certain underdogs for this game, we can bank the four points

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 8:40 pm 
Geoff Southby

bender wrote:
i've come to the conclusion we are so busy panicking when we get ahead because of the weight of expectation. this is the first year we have been favourites for basically anything aside from the wooden spoon in twenty years, and the players are struggling with the psychological pressure of being not only top four favourites and early on, flag favourites, but favourites in most games this season. the players are in unchartered territory and they are missing the calmness of doc.

the pressure was off against the dees in the first half as everyone expected them to win, and we belted them. yet when the mental pressure of being expected to win was put back on, we pooed the bed. same as against geelong, but we kicked ourselves out of it, and same when we choked against adelaide and the fumbles against the pies

thus, if my theory is correct, as we will be certain underdogs for this game, we can bank the four points

So , the game is played above the shoulders hey . Might be onto something Bends .

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 8:49 pm 
Harry Vallence

Wojee wrote:
Could really use Fog in this game :(

We’ll get some rain instead.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 12:31 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

So I've just watched the last quarter from last night... we really only [REDACTED] it in the last 4 minutes of the game. After the Viney tap back which was brilliant from Viney but dopey from the Blues, they got another 2 in 2 minutes. 1 moment changed the momentum for the next 2 minutes and the Dees cashed in.

Apart from that we controlled the game. And we can do similar to the Swans

We play top spot again. Has there ever been a run where team has played top of the ladder 3 times in 5 weeks?

We're going to need Cunners run. Cerra out is going to hurt but no matter how minor the hamstring is, rest him. Look at Rozee. Awareness is enough. No risk.

Durdin just doesn't do enough. Not even sure he can impact as a sub.

Out Cerra Durdin
In Cunners Williams (if fit)

Hewett into the 22

Happy to play Williams as sub

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 5:32 am 
formerly BlueRob

Carlton are the new Fitzroy. We have been beaten up so much in the last 20 years every team thinks they are a chance no matter what the score.
And we are nervous Nellies just like Fitzroy. Until we start obliterating sides we are always in danger.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 6:48 am 
Rod Ashman

bender wrote:

I think this is fair.
But I also wonder if it was a bit of self-fulfilling prophecy - like most of us, Vossy would have been telling them all week and at quarter time and half time that the Dees will come back and this will be a tight finish.
I think this a smart as a caution against complacency but, given our history and inexperience with favouritism, I suspect we were waiting for it to happen rather than making sure it didn’t.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next