Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 7:29 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:23 am 
Bruce Doull

It was a little like the Brisbane game, in that we got a couple of handy goals before half time just to keep things respectable.

And then went bang in Q3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:24 pm 
Geoff Southby

tommi wrote:
Favourite play….

Charlies 3rd goal i believe…the pick up
on the volley and left foot…!

Cripps handball to Fantasia…Fantasia’s balk…
and Charlies pick up…beautiful…!

kindest regards tommi

honourable mention to every Walsh extraction
from the centre…glorious…!

Was awesome, also loved TDK hit over the back to Hewitt, ran forward and got the front and centre crumb off the marking contest and kicked the goal on his non preferred. Best play from TDK...........so far.

Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:30 pm 
Garry Crane

once again yes we won but our game plan of bomb kicks is a big worry and we need more run and connection to take the next step . We were 20 pts down in 3rd Q, 4/5 goals down against lions, lucky to beat Freo,i suppose winning covers everything .Hopefully come F Time we can fix this up.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:40 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

jpulice1969 wrote:
once again yes we won but our game plan of bomb kicks is a big worry and we need more run and connection to take the next step . We were 20 pts down in 3rd Q, 4/5 goals down against lions, lucky to beat Freo,i suppose winning covers everything .Hopefully come F Time we can fix this up.

We noticeably were doing more short kicks to the big forwards that they could run on to

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:41 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

AFLCA

10 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
8 Sam Walsh (CARL)
5 Josh Kelly (GWS)
3 Tom De Koning (CARL)
3 Marc Pittonet (CARL)
1 Matthew Kennedy (CARL)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:10 pm 
Harry Vallence

This is the First time in my Life, I see Pitto play a Game that had such a big influence on the Game.

He had over 15 Disposals, he was marking everything and he allowed TDK to have an influence forward. I wish we get to see more performance like this!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:14 am 
John James

Didn't get around to reading about last week's disappointment on here, so I thought I'd read the comments on that game before this one.

Heartened to see a few admit they went a bit early on things 'that'll never work', as some things certainly did this week.

I was wondering if our coaches were on top of things as the Oranges were pulling away from us in that third quarter, but boy did we pull the finger out!

Not much to add to previous comments. I'll just say that Cripps is a monster and Walsh is a brilliantly designed robot. Can we lay claim to being the robot monsters of the comp then (but better to watch than the infamous film)?

Pittonet performed his role brilliantly, allowing TDK to do the same.

For once, my five votes aligned with TC, and also with the coaches, it seems. Kennedy for my fifth but only a whisker ahead of several others. Great to have a plethora of choices.

I've seen more than one person say that Cottrell is seriously underrated. I concur. At first I admired his grit and tank but his skills are not to be sniffed at.

Ollie's not getting the kudos he deserves for a clutch goal in the second, I think it was, apart from his overall decent game. Boyd, Newman, Kemp, etc etc...

All with no Cerra, Saad, Fogarty (our talisman), Gov, JOS, Motlop, Cincotta, Doc, Martin, Cunners, etc... And a halftime loss of Williams and a clearly hampered Weiters.

It doesn't seem too long ago that several doubters here and elsewhere were bemoaning our lack of depth. I think it might just be coming together. Ssh!

I have to say that it was a joy to behold in person our deluge in the third. The competition is taking notice.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:28 am 
Robert Walls

Fenwick Snap wrote:
Didn't get around to reading about last week's disappointment on here, so I thought I'd read the comments on that game before this one.

Heartened to see a few admit they went a bit early on things 'that'll never work', as some things certainly did this week.

I was wondering if our coaches were on top of things as the Oranges were pulling away from us in that third quarter, but boy did we pull the finger out!

Not much to add to previous comments. I'll just say that Cripps is a monster and Walsh is a brilliantly designed robot. Can we lay claim to being the robot monsters of the comp then (but better to watch than the infamous film)?

For once, my five votes aligned with TC, and also with the coaches, it seems. Kennedy for my fifth but only a whisker ahead of several others. Great to have a plethora of choices.

I've seen more than one person say that Cottrell is seriously underrated. I concur. At first I admired his grit and tank but his skills are not to be sniffed at.

Ollie's not getting the kudos he deserves for a clutch goal in the second, I think it was, apart from his overall decent game. Boyd, Newman, Kemp, etc etc...

All with no Cerra, Saad, Fogarty (our talisman), Gov, JOS, Motlop, Cincotta, Doc, Martin, Cunners, etc... And a halftime loss of Williams and a clearly hampered Weiters.

It doesn't seem too long ago that several doubters here and elsewhere were bemoaning our lack of depth. I think it might just be coming together. Ssh!

I have to say that it was a joy to behold in person our deluge in the third. The competition is taking notice.

What a pleasant read! Thanks FS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:00 am 
Wayne Johnston

I just watched the eight goal run again last night and I noticed that Kennedy was massive in that early part of the turn around. He was everywhere in defence and the wing denying GWS every forward thrust.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:20 am 
Wayne Johnston

jpulice1969 wrote:

When teams worked out how to stop collingwoods early 2023 gameplan they also worked out how to stop our mid 2023 run of 10 goal wins gameplan. Both Collingwood and Carlton have adapted. Back to being a forward half team and using grunt at clearances to get our dominance. The long kick into 50 is part of that.
On the weekend we scored a goal every 3.2 inside 50. That is fantastic. We need to work on how many we leak the other way as teams are scoring too much for my liking.
However, If we did turn a corner with our favoured gamestyle and our conditioning is peaking due to not tapering until after the bye then we might be in for a big month.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:50 am 
Robert Walls

Fenwick Snap wrote:

So what you are saying is that Fogarty plays like Rayden Talis? :grin:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:21 pm 
Craig Bradley

Rod Waddell wrote:
Hats off to Pittonet. Stellar job yesterday. Looked more mobile and robust than last week.

Maybe the MC are onto something. Pies won a flag with Cameron and the American bloke. So is 2 rucks the go?

I’m not sold on this but what would l know.

BTW funnily enough, l was less nervous this week than last week and felt we could beat GWS

2 rucks certainly works well if one can play well forward too and hit the scorebaord. TDK does that pretty well. If neither can play forward then you are basically playing one short, hence why Gawn and Grundy didn't work. Helped too that Pittonent also played well around the ground last week.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:57 pm 
Ken Hunter

Gawn's a pretty effective forward IMO, but Grundy isn't, and no way Gawn is going to accept being #2.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:19 pm 
Harry Vallence

0:00 Sunday Footy Show
5:43 First Crack
9:22 Footy Classified
10:54 AFL 360
12:32 On the Couch

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:00 pm 
Ken Hunter

Hell yeah, thanks wookie. Just finished prendercast and need more content. More!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:14 pm 
Wayne Johnston

club29 wrote:
jpulice1969 wrote:

When teams worked out how to stop collingwoods early 2023 gameplan they also worked out how to stop our mid 2023 run of 10 goal wins gameplan. Both Collingwood and Carlton have adapted. Back to being a forward half team and using grunt at clearances to get our dominance. The long kick into 50 is part of that.
On the weekend we scored a goal every 3.2 inside 50. That is fantastic. We need to work on how many we leak the other way as teams are scoring too much for my liking.
However, If we did turn a corner with our favoured gamestyle and our conditioning is peaking due to not tapering until after the bye then we might be in for a big month.

Yeah but I would say we started scoring goals when we started lowering our eyes and hitting up forwards on a lead. I lost count how many times I mentioned it in the match thread. It was so refreshing to see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:50 pm 
Robert Walls

The_Wookie wrote:

Brilliant, much appreciated Wookie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:37 pm 
Ken Hunter

london blue wrote:
The_Wookie wrote:

+1

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:50 am 
Robert Walls

bluedog wrote:
london blue wrote:
The_Wookie wrote:

+1

That's a "yes" from me too...thanks Wookie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:55 am 
Wayne Johnston

The_Wookie wrote:

For those of you using Tapatalk, there’s a YouTube link in this post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp4Dfwc4QC0&t

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next