Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:04 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:54 pm 
Bruce Doull

Crusader wrote:
B: Boyd Weitering Newman
HB: Williams Kemp Cincotta
C: Hollands Cripps Acres
R: Just One Walsh Hewett
HF: Cottrell McKay Hollands
F: Durdin Curnow Owies
I: Binns Kennedy Cowan Carroll
S: Fantasia

OUT: Saad, McGovern & a ruckman
IN: Binns, Cincotta, Cowan

Cuningham for Cowan, and Motlop for any one of those smalls, if available.

Yeahhh….

that’s around it hey Sader…good work…!

i like Cowan and Binns…can we have a newbie and
near newbie in the one game…?

speed and toughness says yes…lets go…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:29 pm 
Craig Bradley

killpies wrote:
Play one of TDK or Pitto, not both, we need runners or GWS will makes us look like witches hats. Team defence and pressure through the middle was way off against the Crows. Our backline looked ordinary cause the Crows went through the middle with ease and with little pressure. Nothing against Pitto either as he was pretty good at the weekend.

This x1000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:45 pm 
Harry Vallence

The Saints were able to run them down on their own Turf and almost beat them without Sam Taylor!

He is their playmaker and all their attacks are set up from the back! Surely, we can knock them out this Week!

I don't mind losing to this Mob, but I hate to see Greene toying with our backline... Can someone plz knock him out? lol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:50 pm 
Harry Vallence

I really want to see Binns given a crack in the middle. I just can not understand why the Coaching panel has placed Carroll ahead of him. I think Binns is more accomplished than Carroll and more damaging.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:14 pm 
Bruce Doull

I reckon they'll both play Saturday.

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:45 am 
Ken Hunter

Braithy wrote:
bluebo baggers wrote:
GWS at Marvel gives me PTSD

i'm glad it's not just me. they demolished us last time, and we were playing much better footy and were healthier.

Objection Your Honour, relevance? We only played hard long enough to get Charlie the Coleman - at which point we were ahead and dominating - then we put the cue in the rack.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:54 am 
Bruce Doull

GreatEx wrote:
Braithy wrote:
bluebo baggers wrote:

i'm glad it's not just me. they demolished us last time, and we were playing much better footy and were healthier.

Objection Your Honour, relevance? We only played hard long enough to get Charlie the Coleman - at which point we were ahead and dominating - then we put the cue in the rack.

They also needed to win to make finals IIRC.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:06 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

GreatEx wrote:
Braithy wrote:
bluebo baggers wrote:

i see your point. but still ... gws were the one team that looked so much better than us and anything we were capable of. I feared the pies less in a gf than i did giants.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:27 am 
Robert Walls

Braithy wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
Braithy wrote:
bluebo baggers wrote:

i see your point. but still ... gws were the one team that looked so much better than us and anything we were capable of. I feared the pies less in a gf than i did giants.

ok Braithy, I notice and appreciate you carry a lot of fear about a number of aspects of where we are at.....its seems a regular pattern

what if we were to turn the mindset around.....eg this Saturday is a new oportunity to test ourselves against the competition's best.....we continue to learn with fresh faces, building on our game plan?

what if last years result was done and dusted and what if it was possible our available 23 was a different mix as was theirs?

and what if our boys turned up with a sting in their tail after last weeks loss?

game on I say......anthying can happen with 44 players contesting an oval shaped ball

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:46 am 
Robert Walls

It really depends on fitness, but we might already be at the point where we have to *try* something.

Kemp as third forward to give us another target?
Young as back-up ruck and tall utility?
Cowan as a medium defensive forward replacing Fogarty?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:41 pm 
Craig Bradley

bluechampion wrote:
It really depends on fitness, but we might already be at the point where we have to *try* something.

Kemp as third forward to give us another target?
Young as back-up ruck and tall utility?
Cowan as a medium defensive forward replacing Fogarty?

The changes to the ruck contest has pretty much ended Young’s days as a pinch hitter.

I’m picking up what you’re putting down with Cowan, but I’m not sure he’s the guy - there just doesn’t seem to be much flexibility with our player development… Newman, on the other hand…

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:57 pm 
Bruce Doull

Newman would be the man for Toby wouldn't he?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:15 pm 
Bruce Doull

Think he usually gets that matchup. Toby isn't that quick of foot but he's bloody quick of mind.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:46 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

london blue wrote:
Braithy wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
Braithy wrote:
bluebo baggers wrote:

ok Braithy, I notice and appreciate you carry a lot of fear about a number of aspects of where we are at.....its seems a regular pattern

what if we were to turn the mindset around.....eg this Saturday is a new oportunity to test ourselves against the competition's best.....we continue to learn with fresh faces, building on our game plan?

what if last years result was done and dusted and what if it was possible our available 23 was a different mix as was theirs?

and what if our boys turned up with a sting in their tail after last weeks loss?

game on I say......anthying can happen with 44 players contesting an oval shaped ball

lol ... it's not fear. it's frustration, old duck. just sick and tired of the club tbh. 20 years since the last flag. every year for two decades we're top 5, maybe top 3 in soft tissue injuries and man games lost. every year we draft 1-speed players with no 2nd gear. every year we ignore a creative small forward who can turn a game like bobby hill, rankine, paps. and every year we're found wanting bcos of these things.

i dunno ... i still don't trust the club or where we're at.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:53 pm 
Bruce Doull

Braithy wrote:
20 years since the last flag.

29!

If you'd told me the day after the '95 flag that I'd need to wait at least 3 decades to see another one I'd have told you you were mental.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:12 pm 
Harry Vallence

The Media Obsession with Carlton continues on... Sam Edmund has declared the World is going to end in 4 weeks time because Carlton are at a Crisis point with 3 Key Injuries and a possible stretch of 5 Losses coming up!

Seriously what a Joke.... All Teams have similar injuries.... has anyone mentioned the Saints?

We are 4-1 and will easily win 2 out of the next 5 tough games. That will still leave us in a Strong position. We have depth this year, unlike previous years!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:14 pm 
Bruce Doull

We've just got 3 but we've got a total of about 13. It's not good.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:39 pm 
Robert Walls

Okay... Assuming the injury list is accurate I honestly think the best combo we can field this week (bearing in mind that we're playing at Marvel and probably need to prioritise run, and I don't personally like playing two rucks) is:

Cincotta - Weitering - Newman
Williams - Kemp - Boyd
O. Hollands - Cripps - Acres
Cottrell - Curnow - E. Hollands
C. Durdin - McKay - Fantasia
DeKoning - Walsh - Hewett

INT:
Kennedy - Owies - Cowan - Binns
sub: Carroll
Emergency: Young

Bear in mind that the only fit players we have this week outside of this team are:

Pittonet (ruck)
S. Durdin (defender & mystery man - not listed as injured, just hasn't seemingly played all year)
Lemmey (developing tall forward)
O'Keefe (developing ruck)
Mirkov (developing ruck coming back from injury)
Moir (1st year forward)
Monahan (1st year Irish import)

Last edited by bluechampion on Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:05 pm 
Rod Ashman

I think we need to play Young, even if it’s as insurance for TDK.

I’d leave Pitto out, GWS will run us into the ground.

In: Binns, Cincotta, Cowan
Out: Saad, McG and Pitto

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:37 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Dodo27 wrote:
The Media Obsession with Carlton continues on... Sam Edmund has declared the World is going to end in 4 weeks time because Carlton are at a Crisis point with 3 Key Injuries and a possible stretch of 5 Losses coming up!

Seriously what a Joke.... All Teams have similar injuries.... has anyone mentioned the Saints?

We are 4-1 and will easily win 2 out of the next 5 tough games. That will still leave us in a Strong position. We have depth this year, unlike previous years!

ah mate ... i hope so. if nothing else i love the optimism.

but ... we don't win games easily, full stop. and after reading the injury report i have diarrhoea

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next