Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 11:20 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:50 pm 
Craig Bradley

killpies wrote:
No chance it's McGovern unless he's injured

Narrows it down then.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:55 am 
Wayne Johnston

I don’t see Motlop as an automatic selection yet, let him earn his place in the VFL and force Owies or Fantasia out.

Maybe E Hollands for Cuningham.

Weitering for Young.

Marchbank as sub (for Durdin) is a good call.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:14 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crusader wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Interesting responses to the quote:

Quote:
The Blues are confident defender Caleb Marchbank (illness) will return for Good Friday's game against the Kangaroos

ie Blues confident Marchbank will be selected to play, and if so, believe it or not, whose spot does he take?

Vossy has picked Marchbank twice last year, straight up following injury. Looks like it may be the case again.

Its easy to suggest he can come back through the Ressies, but the questionthe MC pose isn't about your opinion on whether Marchbank returns to Ressies or not, its who does Marchbank replace if its true Blues will select him?

Last year, after returning from injury Marchbank was selected as 23rd man in the last round of the season, the week after he was in the starting 18 for Elimination Final along with Weiters, Kemp, Gov in a tall but mobile defensive unit, ditto the following week vs Dees in the semi, and in the Prelim, Kemp made way leaving 3 tall defenders and Boyd came in. Marchbank was our best in the Prelim.

Weitering should be right to go too, and he's in if fit.

So Weiters and Marchy in, whose out? Its a tough decision, especially after Kemp played his best game for us. Young for Weiters is a given unless Vossy needs Young's height to play on CCP.

I think Marchbank may be 23rd man, like he was in the last round in 2023, to get some game time in before Finals. In last round last year Blake Acres was substituted out for Marchbank giving Marchbank 37% game time.

Pressure on spots. Great problem.

Ressies play on Good Friday as well :wink:

Barring catastrophe, the smalls are locked in. It’ll be Kemp or McGovern to make way - if Weitering is back.

That's right Cru, around 4pm at Arden st.
I wish I was in Melbourne for that.
AFL game got sold out in a flash.
Carlton support right now is so huge, especially at home, with 90,000 members wanting to see a winning Carlton, I can't bel;ieve I'm saying this, but the AFL game should've been at the MCG.

I think Marchbank will come back through the Ressies, and Sub at best.
He's been ill with Influenze A for almost a couple months, but Russell has built him up slowly over the last 3 weeks.

Seems like Motlop and Martin will be close to being available.

I agree Hollands is champing at the bit, had a great preseason, and North game would be a good time to get him back up to speed, and join his brother.

The first 18 in the reserves team will most likely be made up of AFL listed players.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:06 am 
Bruce Doull

bondiblue wrote:

12:30pm

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:16 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:
So we were playing praccy games even when they were worth 4 points against Tigers and Lions, to condition our players for the 2024 season, and if we won, bonus.

So we won playing at the risk of losing, and even when we weren't in tip top shape to play our best we still won.

I don't think we were abysmal at all against that back drop and we all should be celebrating the FACT we are undefeated.

Come on Braithy ... you still have to do that nudie run to pay for your negativity. Your words. :wink:

right now as it stands i am completely naked typing this response to you. it's tough man, one-handed typing. :sly:

interesting hearing (jack) sos talking on 3AW radio saying we were slow and really boring with our playstyle against the tigers, and that's not us and how we play, now.

so maybe you're right ... maybe voss and co has been treating the opening 2 rounds like pre season praccy games. but i just can'[t buy into that. we've seen first hand how precious every 4-pts are at the back end of the season. there's no way we aren't giving ourselves the best chance to win every time we step out, surely?

it's weird times we're in

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:17 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

sinbagger wrote:
I don’t see Motlop as an automatic selection yet, let him earn his place in the VFL and force Owies or Fantasia out.

Weitering for Young.

motlop won all 3 line coaches plus voss's player of the pre season. his metrics were through the roof, and he was really polished in the front 50.

i think he's 3rd or 4th name on the teamsheet when he's ready.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:28 pm 
Rod Ashman

Does anyone know if AFL area is sold out for the Kangas Vs Carlton, can I still use my AFL memberships to buy tickets (at cheaper than regular $54 price)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:36 pm 
Robert Walls

Braithy wrote:
sinbagger wrote:

Weitering for Young.

motlop won all 3 line coaches plus voss's player of the pre season. his metrics were through the roof, and he was really polished in the front 50.

3rd or 4th?
That really is funny :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:48 am 
Ken Hunter

Cripps
Weitering
Walsh or Motlop...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:12 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Curnow
McKay
Cerra or Motlop…

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:31 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Cripps
Weitering
Walsh
Cerra
Harry
Curnow or Motlop?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:35 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Braithy wrote:

right now as it stands i am completely naked typing this response to you. it's tough man, one-handed typing. :sly:

:lol: Good onya you paid up your bet. We did say we shouldn't have to witness it. :thumbsup:

Did your free hand and a Motlop poster happen to be going on stimultaneously?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:43 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

I dont think he will be picked ahead of the small incumbents, Owies Cuningham and Fogarty who are playing their role, and id Fantasia slides, he may slide to sub, and push out Durdin. Especially whilst we've been winning under the duress of heavy training loads, which Motlop has missed.

Motlop stopped running after the first quarter of the Dees praccy game on 28th March.
He hasnt seen match footy action since then.

Did he train with the rahab group last Thursday14th? If so, has been training indoors prior to that.
6 weeks is a long lay off. He'd be behind all the players who have been training.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:45 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

17th Premiership wrote:
Does anyone know if AFL area is sold out for the Kangas Vs Carlton, can I still use my AFL memberships to buy tickets (at cheaper than regular $54 price)

I was told the game was sold out when the first block of games were released (same time as Tigers game). They may be holding some back for members. They would've advertised that by now though.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:49 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Thanks CK. :thumbsup:
I had it down as 4 in my wall calendar.
Don't want top miss the VFL game.
Most of our list available and I want to see VFL listed players Naish, Young, Lewis, Cahill, Maher, Ramshaw, and see what Philips can offer after his shit show last week.
Should be a good team....with 3 rucks :yikes:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:01 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

london blue wrote:
Braithy wrote:
sinbagger wrote:

Weitering for Young.

3rd or 4th?
That really is funny :lol:

don't shoot the messenger. based off the summer the players had. hansen said it himself in an interview, jesse would be 3rd or 4th name on the team sheet.

for the record, i don't rate any of our small forwards, and imo we have the worst small fleet in the league. hopefully carlos changes that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:48 am 
Craig Bradley

bondiblue wrote:
CK95 wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Most of our list available and I want to see VFL listed players Naish, Young, Lewis, Cahill, Maher, Ramshaw, and see what Philips can offer after his shit show last week.

Naish is a no-show bondi.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:16 am 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:

I was told the game was sold out when the first block of games were released (same time as Tigers game). They may be holding some back for members. They would've advertised that by now though.

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:49 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crusader wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
CK95 wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Naish is a no-show bondi.

Not interested! Thanks Cru.
That relationship didnt last long.

Given up on his AFL dream?
I'm sure he would have been offered more money elsewhere.
If he's been nabbed by a country club, the commute to Melbourne would be too much, or not allowed.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:02 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I'm expecting Durdin to make way for Hollands, to add another Oxygen brother to the fold.

Hollands has not missed a session during the preseason and showed in praccy games he's is fit to go.

He would have done all those extra loads the rest of the team has done over the last month too.

If Vossy and Russell plan is to give the players a rest this week, to refresh, I expect our mids to give the young North mids a spanking.

I expect Harry and Charlie will dominate their opponents too.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next