Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 6:18 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:17 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Rod Spooky Galt wrote:
Be nice if there was a VFL game on for players to stake a claim as we had plenty of passengers last night.

In: Weitering, Marchbank, Motlop, E Hollands
Out: Young, Kemp, Owies, Durdin (Fantasia sub)

I wouldn't drop Owies - sure he has his limitations however at least he kicks straight.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:23 pm 
Harry Vallence

I expect another heart stopper because this is their grand final lol.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:25 pm 
Geoff Southby

Humpers wrote:
Rod Spooky Galt wrote:
Be nice if there was a VFL game on for players to stake a claim as we had plenty of passengers last night.

In: Weitering, Marchbank, Motlop, E Hollands
Out: Young, Kemp, Owies, Durdin (Fantasia sub)

I wouldn't drop Owies - sure he has his limitations however at least he kicks straight.

In: Weitering, Motlop, E Hollands
Out: Young, C Durdin, O Hollands

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:38 pm 
Ken Hunter

That'd be ice-cold dropping Ollie for Eli's debut. I like it. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:03 pm 
Harry Vallence

GreatEx wrote:
happened to the Waugh brothers if I recall

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:07 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I've started training already...hope it's wet! How good?!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:38 pm 
Geoff Southby

GMCbris wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
happened to the Waugh brothers if I recall

:lol:
It'd send a message.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:03 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

DocSherrin III wrote:

Right on Retro man.

How good was Carey on SOS that day :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:23 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Cazzesman wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Would love to see Weitering, Walsh, Marchbank, Martin, Motlop, E Hollands in for this one. Our depth is being tested and sooner or later it will cost us. Need to a bit more class and polish in which these 6 will give us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Agree but IMO, Young and Kemp are holding their own, therefore I would argue Weits and Marchy might not be needed just yet, so let’s make sure they are 100%.

Surrey I know what you mean, but Larkey is one of the AFL’s premier forwards so I don’t want him kicking 8 on Young.

Regards Cazzesman

I agree with Surrey. Young and kemp are doing just fine.

Lynch is an AA KPD. He's kicked 7 and 8 goal bags against weitering and Jones when at GCS. Lynch kicked 3.3 against Weiters in last years draw and 3 goals against Weiters in the loss in 2022.

Last night vs Young, Lynch kicked 2 goals from 2 frees, none of Youngs doing (Rioli :eek: and TDK in the ruck), and another 2 vs Balta. Wasnt from a lack of trying.

I remember that Larkey game in 2021 at Marvel when he took 8 marks and kicked 7 goals playing against Weitering and Jones, not Young. When has Young ever had 5,6,7,8 goals kicked against him in an AFL game.

Sad to think the young developing players Kemp, Young, Durdin, Carroll, Hollands are so heavily criticised after a win. In fact last week Young was a hero. WE won both games with Young at FB. Sad and unfair he's become the new whipping boy since Plowman retired. He should get more respect for doing the job in the absence of Weitering. Did anyone watch the VFL game yesterday? 28 yo Sam Durdin is not in great form, so be grateful we have Young.

Our FB is Weitering. One of the best in the land, but if doesnt get picked to play (and I expect him to) I will be thankful Young is on our list to carry the load till Weiters returns.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:11 pm 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Would love to see Weitering, Walsh, Marchbank, Martin, Motlop, E Hollands in for this one. Our depth is being tested and sooner or later it will cost us. Need to a bit more class and polish in which these 6 will give us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Agree but IMO, Young and Kemp are holding their own, therefore I would argue Weits and Marchy might not be needed just yet, so let’s make sure they are 100%.

Surrey I know what you mean, but Larkey is one of the AFL’s premier forwards so I don’t want him kicking 8 on Young.

Regards Cazzesman

I agree with Surrey. Young and kemp are doing just fine.

Lynch is an AA KPD. He's kicked 7 and 8 goal bags against weitering and Jones when at GCS. Lynch kicked 3.3 against Weiters in last years draw and 3 goals against Weiters in the loss in 2022.

Last night vs Young, Lynch kicked 2 goals from 2 frees, none of Youngs doing (Rioli :eek: and TDK in the ruck), and another 2 vs Balta. Wasnt from a lack of trying.

I remember that Larkey game in 2021 at Marvel when he took 8 marks and kicked 7 goals playing against Weitering and Jones, not Young. When has Young ever had 5,6,7,8 goals kicked against him in an AFL game.

Sad to think the young developing players Kemp, Young, Durdin, Carroll, Hollands are so heavily criticised after a win. In fact last week Young was a hero. WE won both games with Young at FB. Sad and unfair he's become the new whipping boy since Plowman retired. He should get more respect for doing the job in the absence of Weitering. Did anyone watch the VFL game yesterday? 28 yo Sam Durdin is not in great form, so be grateful we have Young.

Our FB is Weitering. One of the best in the land, but if doesnt get picked to play (and I expect him to) I will be thankful Young is on our list to carry the load till Weiters returns.

Faaarking good stuff " Chesty Bondi ". So true , so well put . Been sayin " it for a while that 200 cm key position players don't grow on trees . The players you mentioned are all travelling nicely .

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:09 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

DocSherrin III wrote:

1:51:28. one of the great pieces of commentary.

"the last time they played the cats it was only a 3pt game, and we're in for an absolute ball-biter of a grand final."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:19 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Braithy wrote:
DocSherrin III wrote:

1:51:28. one of the great pieces of commentary.

"the last time they played the cats it was only a 3pt game, and we're in for an absolute ball-biter of a grand final."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ball biter of a game ... I've never heard that pointed out before.

Ball biter ...Peter Landy

Good get Braithy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:51 am 
Ken Hunter

I know this won’t happen, also won't be a popular comment, but I’d drop McGovern before Young. He is unaccountable and along with Saad costs us directly on the scoreboard. How many times is McGovern or Saad allow to fly for the ball and not kill the contest or fumble it on the ground and allow the opposition small to score? Saad is making an effort to improve his accountability, so credit to him. McGovern’s offensive run and disposal is very good but if compare them to Williams, Newman and Kemp, they have the right balance and are defensively as good as offensively.

At the other end, IMO, Cottrell and Fantasia would be the first 2 to go. Elijah and Jack/Mots to replace them.

I think we are already missing Doc and JSoS.
:cry:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:03 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

lol ... gov is one of the best intercept marks in the comp. and his disposal is elite. young could in no way, not only replicate that, he would offer an amazing and startling drop off.

but don't worry, you'll get to see what i mean when gov goes down for his mandatory 4-6 week yearly hammy.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:29 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Braithy wrote:
lol ... gov is one of the best intercept marks in the comp. and his disposal is elite. young could in no way, not only replicate that, he would offer an amazing and startling drop off.

but don't worry, you'll get to see what i mean when gov goes down for his mandatory 4-6 week yearly hammy.

Gov is in top form. A great intercept mark when he has the run and jump. His kicking has to be amongst our best 3-4 in the team. Gov also has great footy IQ.

Gov is showing the same athleticism he showed as a 20yo in Adelaide, winning games from miraculous last minute marks and kicking a goals to win games.

Young doesn't, and can't play the role Gov does.

Young is 200cm and takes the Weitering role and plays on the oppositions usually tallest and No1 KPF target.

Had to laugh in last year's Prelim when at one stage Gov was standing next to Daniher. It was a mismatch.

When Weitering returns, he will take Young's spot, and whilst I would love to see Kemp play HBF, I think Marchbank will come in and take his spot.

If Weiters remains out, Young stays, and it will be Marchbank who bumps out Kemp before bumping out Gov imo.

We have a really good defensive squad playing team defence very well, and that's why we have won 2 games in a row.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:05 am 
Robert Walls

Gonna be tough at the selection table.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:26 am 
Harry Vallence

SurreyBlue wrote:
I know this won’t happen, also won't be a popular comment, but I’d drop McGovern before Young. He is unaccountable and along with Saad costs us directly on the scoreboard. How many times is McGovern or Saad allow to fly for the ball and not kill the contest or fumble it on the ground and allow the opposition small to score? Saad is making an effort to improve his accountability, so credit to him. McGovern’s offensive run and disposal is very good but if compare them to Williams, Newman and Kemp, they have the right balance and are defensively as good as offensively.

At the other end, IMO, Cottrell and Fantasia would be the first 2 to go. Elijah and Jack/Mots to replace them.

Did Dirk Wellham hit more than one of our supporters with his bat?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:54 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Rod Spooky Galt wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

Brilliantly said, Gov was top 3 on Thursday, without him we lose

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:13 pm 
Harry Vallence

I'd like to see Marchy do a week or two in the VFL to build match fitness after recovering from his mystery virus. I'm a fan, but we are 2-0, no need to rush him back. I guess Young has to go if Weits comes in. Fantasia will be lucky to hold his spot I reckon. Not sure about Kennedy, he's kicked the odd goal, but jeeze he's slow. Hollands, Motlop in (if fit).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:19 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

kingkerna wrote:
Rod Spooky Galt wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

Brilliantly said, Gov was top 3 on Thursday, without him we lose
:thumbsup:

Add Kemp too...
His game was excellent,...

the goal/mark one blemish.... People focus on one thing.... On that basis any one mistake, anywhere, anytime, that eventually leads to a score could have 'cost us the game'

Go Blues

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next