Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:09 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:33 am 
Robert Walls

Bring in Binns for doc

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:27 pm 
Laurie Kerr

It's a good thing we have cultivated some depth because we are being tested to the 30th man right now.

Carroll's performance was timely as we are short on genuine centre square mids.

Carroll replaces Doch on the field as a follower for mine. I would pick Durdin as the sub, with Fog and Cunners doing some midfield rotations.

Binns to bide his time a little while longer for a wing/flank spot to open up. Marchy isn't a fullback, and I don't see him dislodging Gov, Kemp or Newman.

Martin, Motlop and E.Hollands will put big pressure on the lowest ranked forwards going into round 3, i.e. Cunners, Cotters, Orazio and Owies. I think Fog is the only one to secure his position on the round 0 showing.

If we can make it to the bye 2-0 missing our two most important players in Weiters and Walsh that's an enormous coup and sets us up for big things this year. Can't sleep on the Tigers though who will be very disappointed with their first performance.

Blues by 20.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:26 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

is motlop for sure unavailable? can't wait for him, martin, weiters and elijah to be back. looking forward to seeing more of carroll, and at some point binns.

heard walsh's back is not good either. anyone else have any news on him?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:43 am 
Robert Walls

Braithy wrote:
is motlop for sure unavailable? can't wait for him, martin, weiters and elijah to be back. looking forward to seeing more of carroll, and at some point binns.

heard walsh's back is not good either. anyone else have any news on him?

My gut feel (based on nothing other than the clubs ongoing poor record of being up front about injuries) is that we will be lucky to see him this season.

Really hope I'm completely wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:28 am 
Craig Bradley

peabody wrote:
It's a good thing we have cultivated some depth because we are being tested to the 30th man right now.

That’s right, Mr Peabody.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:10 pm 
Harry Vallence

Any news on the availability of Dusty, Lynch and Nankervis?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:50 pm 
Laurie Kerr

Traveller86 wrote:
Any news on the availability of Dusty, Lynch and Nankervis?

A tiger supporting mate of mine said Lynch and Martin likely to play whilst Nankervis is 50/50

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:03 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Martin will be back playing some form of footy this weekend.

I think the club mentioned that today, or some Carltonian did.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:27 pm 
Ken Hunter

Ours or theirs?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:20 am 
Bruce Doull

The VFL team is playing a practice match against Rich at Punt Rd at 4 on Thurs.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:58 am 
Rod Ashman

GreatEx wrote:
Ours or theirs?

This would surely be ours… theirs will never play VFL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:56 am 
Robert Walls

Unless someone is actually fit again and can come in off little to no football, the next players in line would be:

Cincotta
Binns
Cowan

Carroll will probably come in to replace Docherty on-ball, so we're really only looking for someone to be sub.

I don't love the idea of Binns playing his first game as the sub, so it leaves a medium defender or a running defender as our options. I'd be inclined to pick Cincotta.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:09 pm 
Craig Bradley

Agree with Cincotta or Cowan as the sub. Whichever of them has a better handle on the defensive structure.

Motlop in for Owies could be the change that sets Fantasia alight. Owies is a doer & Vossy loves him, but there’s an air of danger about a Motlop/Fantasia combination.

I think Kennedy stays in that ‘bit of everything’ role, but if Dusty & Nankervis come in it’ll change the mix a bit.

I think Yze’s insecurities are getting the better of him. We’re going to wipe the floor with this mob.

IN: Motlop Cowan
OUT: Owies Docherty

Blues by 70.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:30 pm 
Ken Hunter

Joshua Dawe
@joshuadawe9

Should be some good selection news on the way for Richmond with Dustin Martin, Tom Lynch and Toby Nankervis all getting through main training unscathed ahead of Thursday’s clash with Carlton.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:33 pm 
Robert Walls

missnaut wrote:
Joshua Dawe
@joshuadawe9

Should be some good selection news on the way for Richmond with Dustin Martin, Tom Lynch and Toby Nankervis all getting through main training unscathed ahead of Thursday’s clash with Carlton.

of course they did - had to give Dimma one last present last week :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:13 pm 
Ken Hunter

Is this Lynch's first game back since that foot injury last year?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:18 pm 
Laurie Kerr

bluechampion wrote:
Unless someone is actually fit again and can come in off little to no football, the next players in line would be:

Cincotta
Binns
Cowan

Carroll will probably come in to replace Docherty on-ball, so we're really only looking for someone to be sub.

I don't love the idea of Binns playing his first game as the sub, so it leaves a medium defender or a running defender as our options. I'd be inclined to pick Cincotta.

Corey Durdin? He seems to be fit and training, and was one of Voss' faves when he first arrived.

I also think Durdin provides the best flexibility as sub. He straight swaps for a general forward, and if it's a mid who comes out I reckon they would prefer to swap one of Fog, Cunners or Cotters into the mid rotation, which also opens up a forward slot. And Durds himself has been given some rotations on ball in the past if memory serves.

Williams, Saad or Boyd could swap to be on ballers in theory, but personally I would prefer to keep them settled where they are. Williams in particular had a great return game and I don't think we should risk his confidence with that failed experiment again.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:11 pm 
Rod Ashman

I am nervous about this match but hope that we are good enough to get through even if things don’t generally go our way.
I’m nervous because:
1) We have a history of winning against the odds and then losing an easier match.
2) They have Martin, Lynch and their captain returning. When he gets on the park, Lynch is the very top tier of key forwards.
3) We will now be missing our two best defensive organisers in Weitering and Docherty.
We got through against the odds last week. Need to hold up again this week. Then I’ll feel a lot more relaxed over the bye.

PS. Surely, the teams that played last week have a huge ‘match fitness’ advantage if playing a team coming in first up this week??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:33 pm 
Bruce Doull

I'm nervous too.

Carlton by 65

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:46 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Channeling my inner Kevin Bartlett - Carlton by 119 points.

:lol:

Winston Churchill

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next