Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:07 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2024
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:48 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

DesEnglish wrote:
Do we have anyone training? Who can we target given SOS’ injury

Not currently because we haven't had an open list spot. SSP runs until 19 Feb so a few weeks to scour who is training elsewhere or invite them over.

Quote:
Collingwood has five players training with the club in delisted Saint Jack Bytel, former Port Adelaide ruckman Brynn Teakle, VFL pair Campbell Hustwaite and Josh Eyre and Collegians VFA Sam Sofronidis.

Fremantle has three players training with them in former Bomber Patrick Voss, Claremont’s Sam Van Rooyen (brother of Melbourne’s Jacob Van Rooyen) and Woodville West Torrens’ Max Beattie.

Gold Coast has delisted Roo Aiden Bonar and former Saint Jack Peris training with them.

Richmond has brought in Mitchell Schofield from East Perth and Mykelti Lefau from their VFL side.

While North Melbourne has a list vacancy, they don’t currently have anyone training with them

However, News Corp’s Paul Amy has reported that Dandenong Stingrays’ midfielder Kade De La Rue will be a train-on player with the Kangaroos.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:08 pm 
Craig Bradley

You can only invite players to try out for SSP spots if you have one available. Even then it’s only two at a time.

There’s a young fella (19 or 20) down at Williamstown, Jovan Petric. 197ish. Can play at either end.

Sam van Rooyen (193cm) is training with Freo after going undrafted. Like his brother, he’s aggressive in the contest. He’s a wee bit light on at 85kg, but maybe that’s where you keep him for now, with the end product being a 190/90 highlight machine… he’s a medium ‘third tall’ forward for the future, if not so much in the here & now i.e. he’s no further advanced than Moir & a few years behind new Hollands. Plus, he’s got another year of colts up his sleeve, so he’s less likely to shit the bed and move east.

The filth have got a small army training them. They’d be pretty well advanced with finding a replacement for McStay, so we could cut their grass. Josh Eyre (22-23yo, 198cm) was delisted by the scum last season, then played nine games for the filth VFL side as a utility tall. Great athlete, but maybe not so good at footy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:13 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Crusader wrote:
You can only invite players to try out for SSP spots if you have one available. Even then it’s only two at a time.

There’s a young fella (19 or 20) down at Williamstown, Jovan Petric. 197ish. Can play at either end.

Sam van Rooyen (193cm) is training with Freo after going undrafted. Like his brother, he’s aggressive in the contest. He’s a wee bit light on at 85kg, but maybe that’s where you keep him for now, with the end product being a 190/90 highlight machine… he’s a medium ‘third tall’ forward for the future, if not so much in the here & now i.e. he’s no further advanced than Moir & a few years behind new Hollands. Plus, he’s got another year of colts up his sleeve, so he’s less likely to shit the bed and move east.

The filth have got a small army training them. They’d be pretty well advanced with finding a replacement for McStay, so we could cut their grass. Josh Eyre (22-23yo, 198cm) was delisted by the scum last season, then played nine games for the filth VFL side as a utility tall. Great athlete, but maybe not so good at footy.

Kye Declase (Werribie) is a reasonable utility if that's what we're after to replace JSos.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:55 pm 
Geoff Southby

jezzarules wrote:
Crusader wrote:

Kye Declase (Werribie) is a reasonable utility if that's what we're after to replace JSos.

Yes , Declase is a good player . Also from Werribee i would look at Garoni , Paea , and Coughlan .

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:48 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

We had Declase under our noses at the Bullants and passed on him. Carlton supporting family from memory too.
We definitely don't need a utility/mid forward IMHO. The Weitering injury again highlights how light we are for key defenders. That's our biggest deficiency.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:54 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Unless we can bring in someone better than Young/Durds there's not much point though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:18 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

jezzarules wrote:
Unless we can bring in someone better than Young/Durds there's not much point though.

Durdin needs to get on the park first. Injured last year and running laps last week whilst match simulation took place. I'm a fan but his durability has been poor since he walked in the door.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:35 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

jezzarules wrote:
All the Young/Durds
Carry the Nerds

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:15 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

I haven't attended training this year, but from some I know attending training, Young is impressing them, and players are saying good things about Young when probed about Weitering potentially missing early round(s). It sounds like Young is in a good space to me and has the confidence of those who matter..

Young is making quicker decisions when he has the ball in game sims. That's the best news for us fans, and his spoiling is still top shelf. We all know he can mark overhead.

Last year, was last year. He started off well, but then bereft of confidence by round 11, and what followed was unsubstantiated rumours about a souring relationship between Weitering and Young. Believe what you like, but for me, they were just rumours. Stronger Together.

Young is a lock down defender. Whether or not we can play 2 lockdown defenders when Weitering is available is debatable, but Young has proven he can play FB well on his own at AFL level.

Great KPD depth imo.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:08 am 
Stephen Kernahan

bluehammer wrote:
jezzarules wrote:
All the Young/Durds
Carry the Nerds

Ricky Mott?

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:43 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

GWS wrote:
bluehammer wrote:
jezzarules wrote:
All the Young/Durds
Carry the Nerds

Ricky Mott?
Houlihoople

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:31 pm 
Laurie Kerr

bondiblue wrote:
I haven't attended training this year, but from some I know attending training, Young is impressing them, and players are saying good things about Young when probed about Weitering potentially missing early round(s). It sounds like Young is in a good space to me and has the confidence of those who matter..

Young is making quicker decisions when he has the ball in game sims. That's the best news for us fans, and his spoiling is still top shelf. We all know he can mark overhead.

Last year, was last year. He started off well, but then bereft of confidence by round 11, and what followed was unsubstantiated rumours about a souring relationship between Weitering and Young. Believe what you like, but for me, they were just rumours. Stronger Together.

Young is a lock down defender. Whether or not we can play 2 lockdown defenders when Weitering is available is debatable, but Young has proven he can play FB well on his own at AFL level.

Great KPD depth imo.

Young is actually very solid 1v1 and intercepting, his problem is in transition. It's visibly obvious that he doesn't want to be given the ball. Watching live I can recall him literally hiding during some kickouts. When he does have it you can almost hear the heart palpitations from the stands trying to hit a 30m switch.

Working on it at training is great start, but we won't know if he's made real progress until he's in front of 80K+ at the G.

Weiters is AA calibre because he has weapons both sides of the ball. But from a backup KPD all we need is lockdown traits.

I hope they're instructing the smalls to run past the second he intercepts, and if that's not available giving him license to just let him bomb it down the line.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:32 pm 
Ken Hunter

peabody wrote:

Young is actually very solid 1v1 and intercepting, his problem is in transition. It's visibly obvious that he doesn't want to be given the ball. Watching live I can recall him literally hiding during some kickouts. When he does have it you can almost hear the heart palpitations from the stands trying to hit a 30m switch.

Working on it at training is great start, but we won't know if he's made real progress until he's in front of 80K+ at the G.

Weiters is AA calibre because he has weapons both sides of the ball. But from a backup KPD all we need is lockdown traits.

I hope they're instructing the smalls to run past the second he intercepts, and if that's not available giving him license to just let him bomb it down the line.

Bang. I also believe in the coaches and him to turn this around.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:40 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

peabody wrote:
...you can almost hear the heart palpitations from the stands trying to hit a 30m switch.

His problem is being flat footed when short passing so his kicks don't have enough "punch" and consequently too much air time which gives the opposition a sniff.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:15 pm 
Geoff Southby

jezzarules wrote:
peabody wrote:
...you can almost hear the heart palpitations from the stands trying to hit a 30m switch.

His problem is being flat footed when short passing so his kicks don't have enough "punch" and consequently too much air time which gives the opposition a sniff.

True . But thats an easy fix . 200cm key packmen don't grow on trees . Got faith in the bloke myself .

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:25 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

jezzarules wrote:
peabody wrote:

His other problem is he sometimes chooses “not to go” when he has to.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:08 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

AGRO wrote:
jezzarules wrote:
peabody wrote:

His other problem is he sometimes chooses “not to go” when he has to.
Yep he is up there with best of soft cocks in the comp. LOB looked like a hard man when compared to Young

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:51 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

SPP deadline is Monday and there doesn't seem to be any indication we are trialling anyone out

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:16 pm 
Bruce Doull

Although….

he’s a lovely boy…great manners…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:31 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

tommi wrote:
Although….

he’s a lovely boy…great manners…!

kindest regards tommi

Tarryn Thomas?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next