Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:55 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Re: List Management 2024
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:55 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mickstar wrote:
Crusader wrote:
I think the ‘immediate’ fix for the problem we have when Harry goes into the ruck will be Martin or Moir.

The other problem we have, which exacerbates the first, is that the small forwards are spending too much time on the pine. One of them has got to clench up & play 90-95% game time to bring some continuity to the set up. Direct a bit of space when Charlie is the lone tall and maybe turn those 3 & 4 v 1s into 1 & 2 v 1s… or, god forbid, open up some leading lanes.

For a side that has the last three Coleman Medals running out each week, we are drastically short of scoring IP, but I don’t know there’s a ready-made solution for that in the lower leagues.

Yes Cruz hence my question . If there are no ready to go in the lower comps are there any kids out there overlooked in the draft who would be suitable long term projects . Once upon a time "Ol mate Cazz used to be all over this sort of stuff .

There's a great summary of opportunity for MSD in afl.com.au today

For example

Quote:
GEELONG Falcons forward Will McLachlan has jumped into mid-season draft contention with a run of early form in the Coates Talent League.

McLachlan, who was overlooked last season, is a medium forward and has kicked 11 goals across the past two weeks.

His six-goal haul against Murray Bushrangers on Sunday showed his marking strength and natural goal sense and saw him take his season tally to 13 goals so far in 2024.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1105460/roos-ruck-to-roll-on-flag-cat-to-wait-father-son-dog-in-talks

Post subject: Re: List Management 2024
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:04 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crusader wrote:
I think the ‘immediate’ fix for the problem we have when Harry goes into the ruck will be Martin or Moir.

The other problem we have, which exacerbates the first, is that the small forwards are spending too much time on the pine. One of them has got to clench up & play 90-95% game time to bring some continuity to the set up. Direct a bit of space when Charlie is the lone tall and maybe turn those 3 & 4 v 1s into 1 & 2 v 1s… or, god forbid, open up some leading lanes.

For a side that has the last three Coleman Medals running out each week, we are drastically short of scoring IP, but I don’t know there’s a ready-made solution for that in the lower leagues.

There's more to thge solution than filling in spots with a body. We require the talent and the availability to fill the void when Harry is in the ruck.

Not sure if Moir will 'fix' the problem this year, from what I've seen. Sure he has a good highlights reel, and kicks a goal in the VFL, but the standard of his defensive game which in Vossy's set up is a non negotiable in the forwardline, (and we will miss from Fogarty whilst he's out injured). Adding Moir may exacebate the void left by Fogarty. I think this year is a development year for Moir and expecting him to shine as an 18yo...he isnt in the same league as a No 1 pick like Reid and Walsh.

Martin can if and when he's fit. That's 5 weeks away if he can stay fit.

The 3rd banana is a hole since SOS went down and when Harry goes forward there's 2 holes imo.