Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:01 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Injury thread 2024
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:38 pm 
Craig Bradley

Sydney Blue wrote:
https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/1515823/injury-news-three-available-among-seven-updates

Walsh 2-3 weeks - most likely Giants game

Tough run from there GWS - Cats -Pies -Dees - Swans

We will need him

Jabs it is then.

He’ll be crippled at the end of the year, so the timing is crucial. I’ve never seen one go more than 15 weeks straight, but Walsh is a freak.

That 5-week stretch is an important milestone, as is the bye in R14.

We close the season with Hawthorn, WCE & St Kilda with a week off before finals. If we can put another 13-14 wins together between now & then, there’s a good 4-week conditioning block to load him up for a flag tilt.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:21 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Traveller86 wrote:
Jack Martin injured again lol.

Slight Hammy.
Isn't that code for Cocaine found in player's system?
Oh year, that's the Dees.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:48 am 
Garry Crane

bondiblue wrote:
Traveller86 wrote:

Slight Hammy.

All jokes aside this is what everyone is thinking and what it has come to.

The competition is tarnished, and the administration is compromised, all players whether injured legitimately or not will have these whispers behind their back.

For the sake of the game and the players themselves, the administration at AFL House need to take this seriously and place governance measures that do not include any club or AFL employee as part of the solution to ensure transparency throughout the entire process.

The players, clubs and supporters deserve this at the very least.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:05 pm 
Robert Walls

Carltn70 wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Traveller86 wrote:

Slight Hammy.

The competition is tarnished, and the administration is compromised, all players whether injured legitimately or not will have these whispers behind their back.

For the sake of the game and the players themselves, the administration at AFL House need to take this seriously and place governance measures that do not include any club or AFL employee as part of the solution to ensure transparency throughout the entire process.

Yep - Player X is "rested"

Everyone - "oh he must have had a massive bender on the weekend"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:06 pm 
Geoff Southby

You keep a secret it bites you on the bum someday
The AFL are pathetic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:04 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluebo baggers wrote:
Carltn70 wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Traveller86 wrote:

Slight Hammy.

Yep - Player X is "rested"

Everyone - "oh he must have had a massive bender on the weekend"

They have been using the mental health excuse for a while but I think people woke up to that one.
So better to say they are injured

young blokes - plenty of money -unlimited access to drugs
What do the public really expect

I think they got rid of skin fold test to allow the players to have a drink instead of hitting the drugs

Post subject: Injury thread 2024
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:33 pm 
Craig Bradley

keogh wrote:
You keep a secret it bites you on the bum someday
The AFL are pathetic

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:17 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Crusader wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/1515823/injury-news-three-available-among-seven-updates

We will need him

Jabs it is then.

He’ll be crippled at the end of the year, so the timing is crucial. I’ve never seen one go more than 15 weeks straight, but Walsh is a freak.

We close the season with Hawthorn, WCE & St Kilda with a week off before finals. If we can put another 13-14 wins together between now & then, there’s a good 4-week conditioning block to load him up for a flag tilt.

Why the @#$%&! would you post this? Do you have any proof they're jabbing him up?
It's a shit accusation to put out there without any verification whatsoever. "He'll be crippled at the end of the year". FMD.

Last edited by Blue Vain on Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:28 pm 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
Traveller86 wrote:

Slight Hammy.

I suspect if a player keeps getting injured at training but not during a game, that might be a clue…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:34 pm 
Craig Bradley

Blue Vain wrote:
Crusader wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

We will need him

Jabs it is then.

Why the @#$%&! would you post this? Do you have any proof they're jabbing him up?
It's a shit accusation to put out there without any verification whatsoever. "He'll be crippled at the end of the year". FMD.

Pain killers are a reality of professional sport.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:28 pm 
Geoff Southby

Today was an interesting day.
What the CEO of the AFL failed to address not surprisingly is that the average hard working member of an AFL club is being lied to by the club he or she financially supports

I was a member till 2012. I realized the club was lying about player injuries so I stopped being a member. I loved the club. Still do but won’t financially support a club that lies to its members. Hopefully Carlton didn’t have a drug culture in 2012.
Im old school.
Every year the world seems to get less transparent.
The AFL is a microcosm of that.
IMO one strike your free to play but your named and have to do a drug rehabilitation course
Two strikes and your banned for a year on zero pay for being a dumb arrogant flower

Tell this to someone in their 20s serving st restaurants on 25.50 an hour during a cost of living crisis
Rant over

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:53 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crusader wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Crusader wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

We will need him

Jabs it is then.

Pain killers are a reality of professional sport.

Walsh's body is his temple. He said something like that as an U18.

Whilst there has been criticism heaped on Andrew Russell, Walsh backed Russell's cautious approach and management of Walsh's injury in 2022.

Walsh can be a 250 game player if he is managed properly. He's special. Why wouldn't we give this investment the best care.
I don't believe the club would look for short term fixes, as seems to be the case with most injuries the last 2 years. Well, since Teague got sacked. :roll:

I dont see any evidence of Russell jabbing and sending anybody out to play. Maybe in a GF. Its too risky for his reputation and is not the way of the new Carlton era. We have depth and cover with our list

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:18 am 
Craig Bradley

There wouldn’t be a club in the league that doesn’t have at least one player receiving some sort of jab.

You need to let go of the stigma. They’re not chasing the dragon.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:30 am 
Wayne Johnston

Crusader wrote:
There wouldn’t be a club in the league that doesn’t have at least one player receiving some sort of jab.

I had hoped that we’d moved beyond the Wayne Johnston situation these days.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:40 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crusader wrote:

I don't think jabs are as common place as they were in the 80's 90's and up to 10 years back.

I think a jab may be given, but not at the expense of the players long term health, unless its in a Final.

But I think you're alluding to Walsh receiving weeks and months of jabs to get him up to play.

That sounds more like masking the issue rather than managing his full recovery, and I dont think that would be the case....without chasing dragons. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:14 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Crusader wrote:

No one is doubting that but your post went well beyond that. You stated that the club is jabbing Walsh and he will be a cripple by seasons end. You add 2 + 2 and come up with 57. You have no knowledge the club is jabbing him. You have no knowledge of his condition or how it will progress. In an attempt to sound knowledgeable you asserted the club is risking our best young players career for short term gain. Just because some players receive jabs doesn't mean Walsh is being risked long term. Irresponsible post, throwing serious accusations at our football department for no reason.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:12 pm 
Craig Bradley

Blue Vain wrote:
Crusader wrote:

No one is doubting that but your post went well beyond that. You stated that the club is jabbing Walsh and he will be a cripple by seasons end. You add 2 + 2 and come up with 57. You have no knowledge the club is jabbing him. You have no knowledge of his condition or how it will progress. In an attempt to sound knowledgeable you asserted the club is risking our best young players career for short term gain. Just because some players receive jabs doesn't mean Walsh is being risked long term. Irresponsible post, throwing serious accusations at our football department for no reason.

BV, he’s crippled right now. Watch him run - he’s already changed his gait to compensate. That was last year’s exercise.

The rules are firm. Any painkillers are extremely low dosage & limited to recovery periods. You can’t have anything worthwhile in your system for a clear 24 hours prior to the game - certainly not during the game.

He can’t run & they can’t repair it. You have to be able to run to recover from a game, so they’ll give him something to get him through. As the efficacy tails off, so to will his fitness.

IF they can get him up for R5-10, and IF things go well in the win column, don’t be surprised if they send him off for 8-10 weeks of conditioning in preparation for a flag tilt.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:11 pm 
Bruce Doull

Cunningham Motlop both injured

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:58 pm 
Bruce Doull

Pretty good reading this

https://www.theinnersanctum.com.au/sam-walsh

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:32 pm 
Craig Bradley

:thumbsup:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 21  Next