Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri May 31, 2024 6:24 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 489 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 25  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:42 pm 
Bruce Doull

Pitto did well at the end of the Sydney game too.

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:43 pm 
Bruce Doull

I wonder if the club will have the game on a big screen on the oval? They did that for the 2011 SF didn't they?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:57 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

The Lions will have played only 1 match in 4 weeks and might be a little 'rusty'. Their defence isn't as strong as Melbourne's and with Harry and Martin returning we might kick a winning score. Dunkley was BOG when we played them earlier in the year but I doubt Cripps will allow this to happen again.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:58 pm 
Craig Bradley

CK95 wrote:
I wonder if the club will have the game on a big screen on the oval? They did that for the 2011 SF didn't they?

Might come down to timing - the AFLW game v Richmond starts at 1.05pm.

Good opportunity to make a day of it though.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:42 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

jake_h03 wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Harry and Martin are the two certain changes. I would think Kennedy probably makes way for Harry since he effectively took his role in the team.

For Martin it has to be one of Owies, Cuningham, or Fogarty. I think as a group we don’t quite get enough out of these guys. They all play their role but too often they don’t impact the game. When you get 5-10 touches, you have to make them count and last night all 3 of these guys butchered multiple chances, particularly Fogarty.

Motlop is a cut above that group IMO. He’s so much more dangerous around goal and he only needs a few touches to hurt the opposition. He also leads the team in F50 tackles, so he’s an automatic selection for mine. Thought it was madness he didn’t start against Sydney and last night he showed why he should have.

I think Owies stays because he always manages to pop up with his goal or two. I would probably drop Fogarty, his kicking is just so ordinary and he doesn’t hurt the opposition when he gets the ball. At least Cunners can impact the game IF he manages to get his hands on the ball. But I suspect they’ll drop Cuningham. Cottrell is safe due to his running power and his game vs Sydney.

Outside that I can’t see us making any more changes. Could be tempting to drop a tall defender for another small given Brisbane’s plethora of dangerous small forwards. Kemp, Gov, and Cincotta were way too loose at times last night and struggled on the smaller more nimble types. I hate the thought of one of them on Charlie Cameron, Raynor, Bailey, McCarthy, Ah Chee. They really do have an embarrassment of riches in their small-medium forward stocks. That’s the biggest threat in this game IMO.

Kemp needs to learn when to punch and when to mark. Again last night he got out marked trying to pluck one from behind in D50. He also left his man and got stuck in no man’s land a few times. Needs to balance his offensive and defensive mindset and be a bit more accountable.

I still don’t think Pitto is in our best 22 once Harry is back and would rather JSOS, but can understand not wanting to bring in a player into a prelim who hasn’t played for 2 months. Pitto is a pretty limited footballer and does some really dumb things. He knocked it straight down the throat of Melbourne players too much last night, a couple of times completely uncontested too.

The sub has to be a runner. Hollands did well last night giving us that extra run when everyone was spent and giving us an extra number at the contest. I would still lean towards Dow as I think he can win the ball at the source late in the game. He’s had a huge impact coming on as a sub this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Pitto is in our best 22
Watch the game FFS
He was huge last night kept there most influential player and best ruck in the league pretty quiet

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

I watched the game, FFS.

He’s not in my best 22. It’s called an opinion. I think our team is better balanced with JSOS but I would pick Pitto for the rest of the season due to JSOS lack of match fitness.

Last night we came up against arguably the best midfield with Gawn Viney Tractor and Oliver since we have seen since the Lions 3 peat. Last week Gawn played the best game by a ruckman we had seen in years. He has been lightyears ahead of any ruckman in the last 5 or 6 years. He is so good that the 2nd best ruckman going around can't even get in the team.
Last night we lost clearances by 2
We won the centre clearances by 5.
Gawn out marked Pitto once all night.
Pitto made Gawn in effective.
To many people look at stats at the end of the game and don't actually watch the blocks the spoils the taps etc that don't get recorded.
Gawn took that mark late but he was matched up on Kemp and TDK had just run from the bench to make it contest.

If you for one minute think JSOS would have had the same impact on Gawn that Pitto did you are dreaming.

As I said watch the game

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:06 pm 
Robert Walls

Crusader wrote:
CK95 wrote:

Might come down to timing - the AFLW game v Richmond starts at 1.05pm.

Good opportunity to make a day of it though.

If it’s Friday night it won’t matter!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:35 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Sydney Blue wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Harry and Martin are the two certain changes. I would think Kennedy probably makes way for Harry since he effectively took his role in the team.

For Martin it has to be one of Owies, Cuningham, or Fogarty. I think as a group we don’t quite get enough out of these guys. They all play their role but too often they don’t impact the game. When you get 5-10 touches, you have to make them count and last night all 3 of these guys butchered multiple chances, particularly Fogarty.

Motlop is a cut above that group IMO. He’s so much more dangerous around goal and he only needs a few touches to hurt the opposition. He also leads the team in F50 tackles, so he’s an automatic selection for mine. Thought it was madness he didn’t start against Sydney and last night he showed why he should have.

I think Owies stays because he always manages to pop up with his goal or two. I would probably drop Fogarty, his kicking is just so ordinary and he doesn’t hurt the opposition when he gets the ball. At least Cunners can impact the game IF he manages to get his hands on the ball. But I suspect they’ll drop Cuningham. Cottrell is safe due to his running power and his game vs Sydney.

Outside that I can’t see us making any more changes. Could be tempting to drop a tall defender for another small given Brisbane’s plethora of dangerous small forwards. Kemp, Gov, and Cincotta were way too loose at times last night and struggled on the smaller more nimble types. I hate the thought of one of them on Charlie Cameron, Raynor, Bailey, McCarthy, Ah Chee. They really do have an embarrassment of riches in their small-medium forward stocks. That’s the biggest threat in this game IMO.

Kemp needs to learn when to punch and when to mark. Again last night he got out marked trying to pluck one from behind in D50. He also left his man and got stuck in no man’s land a few times. Needs to balance his offensive and defensive mindset and be a bit more accountable.

I still don’t think Pitto is in our best 22 once Harry is back and would rather JSOS, but can understand not wanting to bring in a player into a prelim who hasn’t played for 2 months. Pitto is a pretty limited footballer and does some really dumb things. He knocked it straight down the throat of Melbourne players too much last night, a couple of times completely uncontested too.

The sub has to be a runner. Hollands did well last night giving us that extra run when everyone was spent and giving us an extra number at the contest. I would still lean towards Dow as I think he can win the ball at the source late in the game. He’s had a huge impact coming on as a sub this season.

Pitto is in our best 22
Watch the game FFS
He was huge last night kept there most influential player and best ruck in the league pretty quiet

I watched the game, FFS.

He’s not in my best 22. It’s called an opinion. I think our team is better balanced with JSOS but I would pick Pitto for the rest of the season due to JSOS lack of match fitness.

Last night we came up against arguably the best midfield with Gawn Viney Tractor and Oliver since we have seen since the Lions 3 peat. Last week Gawn played the best game by a ruckman we had seen in years. He has been lightyears ahead of any ruckman in the last 5 or 6 years. He is so good that the 2nd best ruckman going around can't even get in the team.
Last night we lost clearances by 2
We won the centre clearances by 5.
Gawn out marked Pitto once all night.
Pitto made Gawn in effective.
To many people look at stats at the end of the game and don't actually watch the blocks the spoils the taps etc that don't get recorded.
Gawn took that mark late but he was matched up on Kemp and TDK had just run from the bench to make it contest.

If you for one minute think JSOS would have had the same impact on Gawn that Pitto did you are dreaming.

As I said watch the game

You’re talking about one game against a specific opponent. I’m talking about my preferred best 22 moving forward. Anywho I’m agreeing that I would pick Pitto for the rest of the season so let’s just agree to agree

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:18 pm 
Harry Vallence

Honestly can't believe some think we should drop Motlop. Holy mother of god.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:47 pm 
Bruce Doull

We've got the 8 day break

5:15 Saturday

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:51 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Traveller86 wrote:
Honestly can't believe some think we should drop Motlop. Holy mother of god.

Crazy talk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:58 pm 
Bob Chitty

I can’t afford the trip up North unfortunately. However. Is there any word Carlton will screen the game at Princes Park? Or somewhere we can all meet and go nuts together?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:07 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Flights are proving difficult for some

put some more planes on Qantas FFS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:11 pm 
Craig Bradley

Qantas are gouging people return airfares Melbourne Brisbane $1600 -1700

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:52 pm 
Ken Hunter

Also school holidays.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:56 pm 
Serge Silvagni

This time next week Blues start preparing for GF!!!

and Glory.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:05 am 
Harry Vallence

Keep Hollands in please. The extra run is vital

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:24 am 
Rod Ashman

I've watched the Viney/Weitering/Hollands/Doc/Hectares goal about ten times. What a moment for our club!
I hope we have a lot more great moments in our next two games on our way to #17.
Go Blues!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:26 am 
Rod Ashman

frank dardew wrote:
Qantas are gouging people return airfares Melbourne Brisbane $1600 -1700

Has anyone looked at the feasibility of catching a train or bus?
Can we charter a TC bus?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:32 am 
Laurie Kerr

Train and bus not a goer. Chartering a bus or even minibus if not many takers might be an option. Is there some way we can set up an expressions of interest mechanism? There are 3 plus a baby in my family bur we can't leave until about 7.30 Friday night from Dandenong area.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:11 am 
Bruce Doull

CFC8795 wrote:
I've watched the Viney/Weitering/Hollands/Doc/Hectares goal about ten times. What a moment for our club!
I hope we have a lot more great moments in our next two games on our way to #17.
Go Blues!

Great goal sure…

but geez our first goal was beautiful too…!

Jacob-Acres-Crippa-TDK…4 kicks end to end…!

kindest regards tommi

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 489 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 25  Next