Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:04 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:35 am 
Ken Hunter

Firstly, let me get this off my chest - sorry BV. but I not hanging around after the game to applaud the losers - why...cos the Dees will be Deestroyed by the Bluebaggers!

You see this game...this game combines our 2 points of difference and finally brings them together in a clash of the Titans where Petracca will be chewing to get off Hewitt's shoulder, May will wish it was still May and not September and Lever can pull whatever he wants he's got nothing on our cogs and wheels!

And what are these two unique aspects - glad you asked!
1 - we are a club that thrives in finals - always have been - oh I know we've lost a few - especially lately, but this club, these players, they are true bluebaggers, not the timid interlopers of recent times - these guys are all Odie O Cologne's, from Cotters the blue streak, to Owies the chest banger- these blokes want to be there when the pressure is on - they want the stage. Notice gone are the dark days, the heart-breaking days of the hurried handball as if they were holding a poisoned chalice, now everyone wants that chalice, will drink the poison, will take the heat and come through wanting more. This is a true blue team. This team wants to be tested. May even thrive on those tests!

So 1 - we are a finals club, we are back home, living in the moments of September that we have always owned.

and 2 over the last 20 years we have loved to be the underdogs - its all been a clever practise for this game, this moment, this September - we are the almighty underdogs and that's what we have been practicing for a long long time - now it will serve us, we'll stick their demon heads on the MCG platter and watch the bluebagger faithful sing and dance like 90 odd thousand Salomes.

So September and Underdogs - oh how the stars have aligned - ours versus theirs and believe me, believe me, we will gut them on the altar and they shall scream like a band of Prometheus feeling again the torment of failure!

We are back and we are ready and primed to plunder these demonic wannabees with our firebrand of fierce competitiveness and a touch of bluebagger zeal.

So let us join up at the MCG this Friday evening and around the globe via tellies and phones and radios and sparkling mirrors if you have to - but join us the bluebagger brethren as we give this September tree an almighty shake...
who knows by the end a golden apple may just fall into our hands!

Last edited by dannyboy on Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:42 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

They are going to do it for CK - He hates Melbourne more than anyone

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:51 am 
Ken Hunter

I still have horrible flashes of heaver in Melbourne colours kicking those goals! Last game I saw with my dad (he was sad that day watching his beloved blues lose)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:54 am 
Bruce Doull

dannyboy wrote:
I still have horrible flashes of heaver in Melbourne colours kicking those goals! Last game I saw with my dad (he was sad that day watching his beloved blues lose)
Queen's Birthday 1990. Legend has it the MCC Members were all singing "For Heaver's a jolly good fellow" after the game

Does anything get any more MCC than that? :lol:

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:59 am 
Bruce Doull

Sydney Blue wrote:
I used to not mind them, but then a Dees supporting acquaintance in the 90s, who was an absolute flower, ruined the whole thing :lol:

88, 94, 2000, 2022. We owe this mob, & then some. I hope nobody at the club is satisfied with winning one final because Friday we have the opportunity to avenge last year. Putting them out in straight sets would settle things nicely.

And they have to do it for dannyboy, & his old grudge against Gary Lyon :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:59 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

dannyboy wrote:

I only ever went to the football once with my dad it was round 19 1975 against Melbourne at Waverly
We lost and I have hated them ever since. I think at the time we were either 1st or 2nd on the ladder and melbourne were somewhere down the bottom - Dad took me because he was certain we were going to win

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:01 pm 
Geoff Southby

Reasons to hate Melbourne-
2023?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:17 pm 
Craig Bradley

I hate these cauliflower with the fire of 1,000 suns.

I hate them more than the Filth and Scum. Those cauliflower at least have, or have had, my respect as opponents.

These pricks needed the country on its knees to win a flag.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:24 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

CK95 wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
Queen's Birthday 1990. Legend has it the MCC Members were all singing "For Heaver's a jolly good fellow" after the game

Does anything get any more MCC than that? :lol:

That's actually pretty funny.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:41 pm 
Bruce Doull

MCC member myself & yes I agree

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:07 pm 
Ken Hunter

It's cute how the Dees are trumpeting on their socials that they've sold out the MCG two weeks running.

No, you didn't. Your opponents did.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:02 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Crusader wrote:
I hate them more than the Filth and Scum.

Agreed.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:41 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
I used to not mind them, but then a Dees supporting acquaintance in the 90s, who was an absolute flower, ruined the whole thing :lol:

88, 94, 2000, 2022. We owe this mob, & then some. I hope nobody at the club is satisfied with winning one final because Friday we have the opportunity to avenge last year. Putting them out in straight sets would settle things nicely.

1988 preliminary final still sticks in my craw, we kicked into the wind for 3 @#$%&! quarters!!!

I really want to wipe the smarmy cheese eating grin off Gary Lyons’s face.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:45 pm 
Ken Hunter

I hate Gary Lyons so much I cant even remember why I hate him so much!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:49 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

AGRO wrote:
CK95 wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

1988 preliminary final still sticks in my craw, we kicked into the wind for 3 @#$%&! quarters!!!

I really want to wipe the smarmy cheese eating grin off Gary Lyons’s face.

I was only 13/14 in 1988 and yes that game shits me as does 1994 but 2000 really gets me.
I remember going to that one with my Lions supporting mate. At 3 qtr time I said to him I was worried that we hadn't put them away when we should have. He said, you'll win by 7 goals no problem. Then Brad effing Green turned it on.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:44 pm 
Bruce Doull

There's even a H&A game from 1991 against them that still shits me.

Mil Hanna kicks 8 goals & we still lose by 40 points :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:30 pm 
Geoff Southby

Reasons for revenge, part #2:

1988 PF - we played crap in the first quarter, but we were the better team after that. The wind seemed to change direction in their favour after every break and they definitely got the rub of the green with the umpires. Ricky Jackson and Jamie Duursma…seriously? :mad: At least they were exposed as pretenders the following week.

1994 & 2000 QFs - on both occasions, we were the better team during the season but they were the better team on the day. Bradley didn’t play in either game. The 2000 one particularly hurt as we were a seriously good side but had injuries to key players late in the year, plus we had our chances to put them away before 3/4 time.

1998 - 2 point loss at home.

2001 - 6 point loss at home (we were top 4 at the time, they were bottom 4).

2003 - heartbreaking loss at home in the ‘Vale Vin Waite’ game.

2004 - 105 point loss.

2005 - humiliated in our last game at Princes Park.

2018 - 109 point loss.

2022 - round 22. :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:37 pm 
Bruce Doull

So much nuisance factor there Sue.

Don't forget 1990. Queens Bday, they were up by about 50 points at half time, then we made an amazing fightback & fell short by a goal :banghead: :banghead:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:13 pm 
Geoff Southby

CK95 wrote:

Don't forget 1990. Queens Bday, they were up by about 50 points at half time, then we made an amazing fightback & fell short by a goal :banghead: :banghead:

I remember. I think that might have been the Heaver game?

I also recall us being 49 points down at 3/4 time against them in 1996. We got to within a kick in the final term, but fell short again. :mad:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:49 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

aboynamedsue wrote:
CK95 wrote:

I remember. I think that might have been the Heaver game?

I also recall us being 49 points down at 3/4 time against them in 1996. We got to within a kick in the final term, but fell short again. :mad:

I think Sticks had a massive game marking wise and whilst close to BOG, virtually kicked us out of it too?