Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Jun 02, 2024 2:55 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:44 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I think Hollands running would’ve been handy last night too.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:04 am 
Bruce Doull

Yup….

Hollands un-clogs us…!

kindest regards tommi

seriously…his and Acres’ “width” is part of our sweet spot…!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:58 am 
Ken Hunter

Some very balanced posts on the last page Bondi, you obviously have a chip on both shoulders! :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:09 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:43 am 
Ken Hunter

No idea where that table comes from but Newman as our second best, Owies way better than Martin/acres and Marchbank WOG (huh? what? ) doesn't pass the pub test. Gulden BOG in a losing team I agree with, that little pest is a gun.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:13 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

GreatEx wrote:
No idea where that table comes from but Newman as our second best, Owies way better than Martin/acres and Marchbank WOG (huh? what? ) doesn't pass the pub test. Gulden BOG in a losing team I agree with, that little pest is a gun.

https://twitter.com/AFLLab

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:57 am 
Ken Hunter

tommi wrote:
Yup….

Hollands un-clogs us…!

kindest regards tommi

A shoe-in?

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:17 pm 
Harry Vallence

jezzarules wrote:

Great stats

I am a Cincotta fan but recently he has had little influence.
Marchbank was very poor and a weak link
Fogarty has been average since coming back in

Some serious questions to discuss for Voss & Co this week

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:52 pm 
Bruce Doull

Watched the replay. We played better than I felt we did at the ground, maybe because being there I was so stressed

Marchbank & Hewett were both really good, better than I'd noticed. I don't really get the knocks on Marchbank's game on here.

We need to make 2 forced changes so that might be all we do, but if I was going unforced I would consider Cunningham. Maybe he could make way for Hollands & do a bit of a reshuffle. And there's maybe Boyd for Cincotta who has been a bit quiet of late.

As usual, great presser by vossy too

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:59 pm 
Ken Hunter

CK95 wrote:
Watched the replay. We played better than I felt we did at the ground, maybe because being there I was so stressed

Marchbank & Hewett were both really good, better than I'd noticed. I don't really get the knocks on Marchbank's game on here.

We need to make 2 forced changes so that might be all we do, but if I was going unforced I would consider Cunningham. Maybe he could make way for Hollands & do a bit of a reshuffle. And there's maybe Boyd for Cincotta who has been a bit quiet of late.

As usual, great presser by vossy too

I finally finished watching the game this morning.
Like you, I was too nervous and stressed on Friday night to appreciate what a good game it was.
Hewett gets lots of handballs in packs so doesn't stand out as much.
Still on a bit of high from Friday and now have to worry about getting tickets for this week.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:24 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

The best piece of play all night is not something I've seen highlighted on TV yet but it was Cotterell's second goal, the floater of a snap.

He ran - sprinted - 150m from the back half to get forward, impacted a 2 v 1, got the ball and goaled. It was incredible and I watched him take off to get forward.

That guy was immense on Friday.

Well done to our list mgmt team. We identified wingers as being our key weakness. We have backed Cotterell, brought in acres, and nailed the Hollands pick for the future. This side has run, but it's tough run.

That passage of play for me was when I really believed last year burned everyone, and we were not going to fall over.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:40 pm 
Bruce Doull

:clap:

Spot on, was an awesome goal, thought it was a point from where I was standing, then the crowd went nuts & I knew it wasn't

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:08 pm 
Bob Chitty

agreed

we have some how gone from our wings being one of our weakness, to it now beign one of our strengths. i wasnt sold on acres, but acres and cotters have been immense. Hollands / Docherty can be added to that as well and its gone from being a weakness to a genuine strength of ours!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:20 pm 
Robert Walls

frank dardew wrote:
Yes we do it the hard way but savor it 10 years without playing a final and and we win it albeit disappointing in second half and yes some dumb football
However given where we were in May/June a remarkable comeback
Great to have 92 K at the G

A free swing at Dees next week but will need to play better to beat them

Go Blues

I could not agree more!!!

How many times (easily 7-10) did we just bomb it long to the HF/FP area, only to be outmarked ny McLean, McCartin and Hickey

It was like going back in time. Rarely looked for the swiitch (or created the opportunities to do so, rarely lowered eyes, rarely positioned or put slight block for a 30m pass I50

We live to fight another day but boy some old habits crept in

MV has so many areas he can discuss this week. Let's hope we've blown off the cobwebs

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:34 pm 
Wayne Johnston

99prelim wrote:
frank dardew wrote:
Yes we do it the hard way but savor it 10 years without playing a final and and we win it albeit disappointing in second half and yes some dumb football
However given where we were in May/June a remarkable comeback
Great to have 92 K at the G

A free swing at Dees next week but will need to play better to beat them

Go Blues

I could not agree more!!!

How many times (easily 7-10) did we just bomb it long to the HF/FP area, only to be outmarked ny McLean, McCartin and Hickey

It was like going back in time. Rarely looked for the swiitch (or created the opportunities to do so, rarely lowered eyes, rarely positioned or put slight block for a 30m pass I50

We live to fight another day but boy some old habits crept in

MV has so many areas he can discuss this week. Let's hope we've blown off the cobwebs

This is why I would consider bringing Fisher back. We need someone who is willing to be bold off half back, take some risks, and try to create rather than just take the safe option down the line. Fisher was excellent at this since coming back into the team. In 4 games he averaged 27 touches at close to 80%

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:35 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bluehammer wrote:
The best piece of play all night is not something I've seen highlighted on TV yet but it was Cotterell's second goal, the floater of a snap.

He ran - sprinted - 150m from the back half to get forward, impacted a 2 v 1, got the ball and goaled. It was incredible and I watched him take off to get forward.

Well done to our list mgmt team. We identified wingers as being our key weakness. We have backed Cotterell, brought in acres, and nailed the Hollands pick for the future. This side has run, but it's tough run.

That passage of play for me was when I really believed last year burned everyone, and we were not going to fall over.

Cotters covered 17.6km
7th highest since such records have been kept.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:37 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Blueboy74 wrote:
bluehammer wrote:

Cotters covered 17.6km
7th highest since such records have been kept.
That is both unbelievable and completely believeable at the same time.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:39 pm 
Bruce Doull

I think our kicking long down the line to a contest was a very deliberate strategy to limit Sydney's turnover and running game and to take advantage of their terrible contested possession game.

I think we will see a bit of a change in the Melbourne game to suit our best opportunity to beat the Dees.

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:25 pm 
John James

Sorry I'm late. Go Blues! And all that.

Expected us to be a little sloppy, as were the Swans at times. The main thing was to get out of the blocks quickly and it paid off handsomely - we were never headed.

I was more confident of hanging on at the end than in our Dees game. This one didn't feel as brutal and they didn't have a Petracca. I didn't fancy us so much if extra time was forced but thought we had it covered. Their last goal involved a fair bit of luck. Weitering should've punched the clappers out of it but he, of any defender, is usually reliable in his grabs - didn't quite judge it. And the spilt ball running through Martin's legs - pure bad luck, blink and you miss it...and he did.

My initial call for BBOG was Walsh - brilliant return to form - but Acres gets over the line where the ball didn't - twice - in emphatically claiming the Hand of Marchbank Award, and in running himself ragged to make the line first for the sealer. Sorry for doubting you during our slump, Hectares. You haven't quite rid yourself of a tendency to spray it on the full but a pretty decent chunk, especially the back-end, of your season has been speccie. Special mentions to Martin, Cotters and Cerra for their efforts. Jeez, Cotts, great bullocking snap but we were almost into Saturday by the time it went through, thank Judd.

Yes, Harry stuffed up biblically - twice - but his game was otherwise solid and crucial to our early lead. Everyone played their part in one way or another. Did someone say Marchbank? Blinkers off, haters. He's not always the cleanest handler but he was a calming influence in more situations than others on here are giving him credit for. Pitto positioned himself well at times around the ground, not just in the ruck, and seems to be working on being more than a statue. I'd like him to hold onto some more of those marks under pressure though. Motlop got caught in the headlights at least once when options were on but his pressure was okay when the Swans were looking for the game breaker. The team will be better for the run.

Some outs for us could make the difference next week but maybe not as much as once expected. We're building and the once (almost) impossible is still possible.

We've already exorcised some demons this year so let's bring experience to the table this week.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:45 pm 
Craig Bradley

Fenwick Snap wrote:
Sorry I'm late. Go Blues! And all that.

Expected us to be a little sloppy, as were the Swans at times. The main thing was to get out of the blocks quickly and it paid off handsomely - we were never headed.

I was more confident of hanging on at the end than in our Dees game. This one didn't feel as brutal and they didn't have a Petracca. I didn't fancy us so much if extra time was forced but thought we had it covered. Their last goal involved a fair bit of luck. Weitering should've punched the clappers out of it but he, of any defender, is usually reliable in his grabs - didn't quite judge it. And the spilt ball running through Martin's legs - pure bad luck, blink and you miss it...and he did.

My initial call for BBOG was Walsh - brilliant return to form - but Acres gets over the line where the ball didn't - twice - in emphatically claiming the Hand of Marchbank Award, and in running himself ragged to make the line first for the sealer. Sorry for doubting you during our slump, Hectares. You haven't quite rid yourself of a tendency to spray it on the full but a pretty decent chunk, especially the back-end, of your season has been speccie. Special mentions to Martin, Cotters and Cerra for their efforts. Jeez, Cotts, great bullocking snap but we were almost into Saturday by the time it went through, thank Judd.

Yes, Harry stuffed up biblically - twice - but his game was otherwise solid and crucial to our early lead. Everyone played their part in one way or another. Did someone say Marchbank? Blinkers off, haters. He's not always the cleanest handler but he was a calming influence in more situations than others on here are giving him credit for. Pitto positioned himself well at times around the ground, not just in the ruck, and seems to be working on being more than a statue. I'd like him to hold onto some more of those marks under pressure though. Motlop got caught in the headlights at least once when options were on but his pressure was okay when the Swans were looking for the game breaker. The team will be better for the run.

Some outs for us could make the difference next week but maybe not as much as once expected. We're building and the once (almost) impossible is still possible.

We've already exorcised some demons this year so let's bring experience to the table this week.

Geez , are you related to Dannyboy ? you really have a canny knack of expressing yourself well Fenn as does Danny . Very good Pal .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next