Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:53 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Finals Tickets
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:13 pm 
Ken Hunter

rhino27 wrote:
kezza wrote:
camel wrote:
peabody wrote:
Something jumped out to me in the club email.

"While the club would like to provide access to all 95,277 of its valued members....the competing teams' Grand Final ticketing allocation from the AFL is 17,000 for each competing club"

I knew the AFL sold off a lot of tickets to the GF to non-fans/corporates/etc, but holy cow! 2/3rds of the crowd are non-members! Ridiculous.

Yep, and am I right in thinking that all P1 members who register WILL get a ticket. So I guess that means we have fewer than 17,000 P1 members???

It would be interesting to get the breakdown by numbers of our 95K members into P1, P2, P3 and DNQ.

Correct.
Hence why there is a waiting list on those higher level membership types.

Is that right?
My 20 something nephew bought his first ever membership this year (I bought him a couple of junior ones when he was little) and he was able buy himself a priority one membership.

There is a waiting list. What membership did he get?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:25 pm 
Wayne Johnston

camel wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
camel wrote:
peabody wrote:

"While the club would like to provide access to all 95,277 of its valued members....the competing teams' Grand Final ticketing allocation from the AFL is 17,000 for each competing club"

I knew the AFL sold off a lot of tickets to the GF to non-fans/corporates/etc, but holy cow! 2/3rds of the crowd are non-members! Ridiculous.

Yep, and am I right in thinking that all P1 members who register WILL get a ticket. So I guess that means we have fewer than 17,000 P1 members???

It would be interesting to get the breakdown by numbers of our 95K members into P1, P2, P3 and DNQ.

No, if there are more than 17000 P1 members then some will miss out. Remember some of the 17000 will also go to other club eligibles such as the three game packages that were sold out over Friday night and Saturday morning.

The club info states tickets for P1 members who register is guaranteed:

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/finals/grand-final

Quote:
PRIORITY ONE – GUARANTEED*

Membership Types – Legends Lounge, Carltonians Coterie, Carltonian Bays 2/2, Carltonian Bays 2/3, Captains Club Reserved, Members Zone with Captains Club, MCC with Captains Club, Marvel Stadium upgrade with Captains Club, Captains Club add-on members and 50+ year members who do not have a Grand Final guarantee.
Registration Time – 8am – 12pm AEST on allocated day.

* Any Legends Lounge, Carltonians Coterie, Carltonian Bays 2/2, Carltonian Bays 2/3, Captains Club Reserved, Members Zone with Captains Club, MCC with Captains Club, Marvel Stadium upgrade with Captains Club, Captains Club add-on members and 50+ year members who do not register in the designated time frame or instead elect to register within the Priority Two or Priority Three time frame will have waived their right to a guaranteed ticket. It does not matter what time you register during the designated timeframe as all registrations will be randomised to determine the order in which tickets will be allocated.

Wow! You guys made my day, I should have read the fine print more closely, very happy to be wrong on this one!

Quote:
Members with Priority 1 access to the AFL Grand Final Ballot are entitled to register for guaranteed access to purchase a ticket to the 2023 Toyota AFL Grand Final
When I quickly read this it did not seem a guaranteed ticket, just a guaranteed "chance", which is what I assumed was a chance in the ballot itself.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:29 pm 
Bruce Doull

rhino27 wrote:
peabody wrote:

I think the competing clubs got a lot less back in the 90s. Guess membership levels were a lot lower back then so from a proportionate viewpoint, probably about the same as it was then.
Do they pro rata the allocation as per each club's size, or is it just a flat rate of 17k each?

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:30 pm 
Wayne Johnston

kezza wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
kezza wrote:
camel wrote:
peabody wrote:

Correct.

Is that right?
My 20 something nephew bought his first ever membership this year (I bought him a couple of junior ones when he was little) and he was able buy himself a priority one membership.

Yeah, I am a bit bemused on this "waiting list" thing, I just chose an add-on to our membership last renewal at the end of last year, there was no waiting and no jump to a new member level, the option went straight on our existing membership. I think it was a "Captains Club add-on".

Although, upon reflection, my daughter and I have been (interstate/remote) members since 2002, so maybe that meant we skipped any waiting list?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:39 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

kezza wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
kezza wrote:
camel wrote:
peabody wrote:

Correct.

Is that right?

Member zone with captains club.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:48 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

rhino27 wrote:
Wonder how many priority 2 members will get tix and how many if any at all will be left over for priority 3?

Just registered as P3. Quick and painless. Assuming no one is else has done it…. :razz:

As I said earlier I’m already thinking of other plans, but do give myself a little hope that unlike other clubs we’ve ruled out plenty of members with the allocation.
Melbourne for example this year, had P2 including any country or interstate members, and P3 as any 3 or 6 game memberships.

Also in 2014 we only had 47,000 members so it would mean nearly 50,000 ineligible who have only signed up since, not withstanding any previous to that who may have lapsed…..

Post subject: Finals Tickets
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:21 pm 
Ken Hunter

There may be a waiting list now but not at the start of the year.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:21 pm 
Ken Hunter

It is interesting that Members Reserve membership is not included in any of the Priority listings.
My sister, brother in law and myself joined this level over 10 years ago. At the time and until recent years it was always priority 2. Now it seems it is nothing. This membership is around $500 a year so I find it strange that it has been dropped completely. A few years back when members were given a free upgrade for a season we were upgraded to Captains Club add on. I chose to keep mine but my sister and brother in law didn't. They now only qualify as priority 3 and that is only because they have been members for over 10 years.
They are not happy, and I don't blame them.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:00 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

kezza wrote:
It is interesting that Members Reserve membership is not included in any of the Priority listings.
My sister, brother in law and myself joined this level over 10 years ago. At the time and until recent years it was always priority 2. Now it seems it is nothing. This membership is around $500 a year so I find it strange that it has been dropped completely. A few years back when members were given a free upgrade for a season we were upgraded to Captains Club add on. I chose to keep mine but my sister and brother in law didn't. They now only qualify as priority 3 and that is only because they have been members for over 10 years.

If you dont post it you wont get it off your chest.
If you don't let the Club Membership Dept know, they can't help you.
If they can't help, then the squEAKY WHEEL GETS THE OIL.

yOU GUYS HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO FEEL AGRIEVED. i ENCOURAGE YOU TO TELL 'EM.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:07 pm 
Ken Hunter

bondiblue wrote:
kezza wrote:

If you dont post it you wont get it off your chest.
If you don't let the Club Membership Dept know, they can't help you.
If they can't help, then the squEAKY WHEEL GETS THE OIL.

yOU GUYS HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO FEEL AGRIEVED. i ENCOURAGE YOU TO TELL 'EM.

I might do that. If I hadn't kept the Captains Club upgrade I would have been priority 3 as well and would be pretty peeved.
At the very least the club could have advised these members of this and be given the chance to change membership type.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:00 pm 
Rod Ashman

I have a spare ticket to the Game.(Blues v Lions)
Sec 207 Row G, Lower level. Forward pocket near the Carlton Cheer Squad.
If interested, please send me a PM.
I just saw on Tixel that there over 1000 people wanting tickets.
I will be in Brisbane from noon on Saturday, so could meet to pass on the ticket.
Face value $199, but happy to take less.
Go Blues!

Last edited by CFC8795 on Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:09 pm 
Ken Hunter

We just have to win on Saturday. I have GF tickets (corporate) already lined up. Just have to win.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:13 pm 
Harry Vallence

I have 2 tickets for Saturday's game for sale on Level 1, row P in Bay 214 (Next to cheer squad in 213).

1 adult 1 child face value - $65 for adult, $20 for child, $5 booking fee - so $90 all up.

Please don't risk entering using a child ticket if you're an adult, I hear the GABBA is strict on this.

Prefer to meet in person to exchange funds (cash/bank transfer) and transfer tickets to you via Ticketmaster transfer function on app / mobile wallet.

I can meet tomorrow around CBD/St Kilda Rd/South Yarra area.

PM me if interested.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:46 pm 
Wayne Johnston

I have a spare ticket for Saturday’s match as my daughter won’t be able to make it to Brisbane this weekend.

If you want it send me a PM, first come first served. I’m only looking to be reimbursed the value of the ticket which was $150.

Section 420, Row UU, Seat 339.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:49 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

sinbagger wrote:
I have a spare ticket for Saturday’s match as my daughter won’t be able to make it to Brisbane this weekend.

If you want it send me a PM, first come first served. I’m only looking to be reimbursed the value of the ticket which was $150.

Section 420, Row UU, Seat 339.

Section 420 sounds fun. Presumably just edibles?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:53 pm 
Bruce Doull

tommi's got that entire bay to himself...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:17 pm 
Bruce Doull

Hey Cee Kay….

I’d just finished dinner…and had takin’ a long
toke on dessert just as i scrolled onto that post…!

a huge plume was celebrated…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:03 pm 
Craig Bradley

News say's 14k tickets allocated to Carlton fans and 24k to the home team...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:35 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Hornet wrote:
News say's 14k tickets allocated to Carlton fans and 24k to the home team...

36.8% Carlton.
I'm happy enough with that ratio.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:27 pm 
Bruce Doull

We'll still be louder :thumbsup:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next