Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri May 31, 2024 12:22 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:33 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

daggs001 wrote:
Thankfully the goal umpire called the Marchbank incident touched. Was always going to be hard to overturn his decision once called touched. The system working as it should. Plenty of fuss in the media about nothing.

Yep and no mention of fact that goal umpire was in perfect position. About a metre from the action, no players obstructing his view. He called it touch and there is nothing to indicate otherwise.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:41 am 
Geoff Southby

we are legitimately in the flag conversation. this run, the historical output of stats and the way we've done it, with major major outs. the brutal physicality of our brand - teams are going dread playing us. we'll be in their heads before the first bounce.

you just love to see it and be apart of it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:00 am 
Ken Hands

Walsh
Cerra
Harry
Kennedy
SOS

A week ago, I thought if we get 2-3 of these blokes back, we're a real chance of going all the way.

And I was preparing myself for an honourable 2-3 goal loss against Melbourne.

Now I'm thinking we're still half a chance to go all the way without them!

Incredible effort.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:48 am 
formerly Fevola

Out of those missing. Walsh, McKay and Cerra should be certainties.

Kennedy is not. And i would love SOS in for Pitto but i dont think thats a crucial one.

I feel sorry for the guys like Fisher, Dow, Fogarty, Hollands as those boys have been so good.

And i will say after being critical of Dow, i will be disappointed if he was dropped or made sub for Walsh or Cerra when they are back.

He deserves to be in. He lacked belief due to being in and out of the side. And he is showing what he is capable of now when being given a chance.

And i will also say we should be keeping him. Another team will be licking their lips if we give him away for free. And it will be bad management to do so.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:18 am 
Bruce Doull

rhino27 wrote:
daggs001 wrote:
Thankfully the goal umpire called the Marchbank incident touched. Was always going to be hard to overturn his decision once called touched. The system working as it should. Plenty of fuss in the media about nothing.

Yep and no mention of fact that goal umpire was in perfect position. About a metre from the action, no players obstructing his view. He called it touch and there is nothing to indicate otherwise.

I just don't understand why the AFL doesn't have super slow mo footage (like in the cricket) on the goal lines.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:20 am 
Geoff Southby

i think we're a bit selfish if we keep dow, tbh. he's too good to be left in the reggies as our 3rd or 4th mid on our depth chart.

... he deserves to be playing every week and a part of a lesser team's climb. he's proven he belongs, and in doing so, will also cost a much higher pick in return.

our window is now, and the reality of prem calibre teams is good players miss out. cerra and walsh are Ferrari's, and we can't leave them in the shed.

Last edited by Braithy on Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:26 am 
Rod Ashman

rhino27 wrote:
daggs001 wrote:

conveniently no mention it should have been a free to marchbank either.
Barret pushing his agenda again like the king maker that he is, wank

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:43 am 
Wayne Johnston

redback wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
daggs001 wrote:

They never seem to pay any frees to defenders who are scragged away from the ball in such situations.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:46 am 
Bob Chitty

Incredible win against the odds given our outs.
Thought Hewett was our best across the 4 quarters.
Cripps’ last quarter was phenomenal. A great captains performance.
The buy in to pressure and tackling is unlike anything we’ve seen over the past 20 years.
The scenes on the siren around the ground were great to be a part of.
While we’re still not 100% locked in for finals yet, geez we are playing some good footy. No one wants to play us at the moment and especially not when we get a few stars back soon.
Great win full of character, grit and determination.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:47 am 
Bruce Doull

Damo just asked Brodie Kemp if he heard Marchbank touch the ball :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:48 am 
Ken Hunter

The goal umpire called it touched.
They asked for a review.
The review couldn't determine either way, so reverts to goal umpire's call.
The process was followed.

It's not our fault the camera footage is shit.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:07 am 
Bruce Doull

How good is it to finally put some hurt on these pricks, especially in such millimeter perfect circumstances at the end. They have dished out soooo many annoying, arsey victories to us over the years & there is nothing like a dish best served cold :fight:

Hopefully that costs them a top 2 spot.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:30 am 
Harry Vallence

redback wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
daggs001 wrote:

Yep and that as well. My kids were basking in the glory this morning watching the replay. Marchbank had his arms chipped on purpose. Should have been a free.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:40 am 
Harry Vallence

Drewgirl wrote:
Out of those missing. Walsh, McKay and Cerra should be certainties.

Kennedy is not. And i would love SOS in for Pitto but i dont think thats a crucial one.

I feel sorry for the guys like Fisher, Dow, Fogarty, Hollands as those boys have been so good.

And i will say after being critical of Dow, i will be disappointed if he was dropped or made sub for Walsh or Cerra when they are back.

He deserves to be in. He lacked belief due to being in and out of the side. And he is showing what he is capable of now when being given a chance.

And i will also say we should be keeping him. Another team will be licking their lips if we give him away for free. And it will be bad management to do so.

How about Gov?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:41 am 
Harry Vallence

CK95 wrote:
Damo just asked Brodie Kemp if he heard Marchbank touch the ball :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I heard it and I was at the other end

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:51 am 
Rod Ashman

He could become Caleb Harmesbank if is the win that leads to something special

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:57 am 
Craig Bradley

CK95 wrote:

And now the same question to Dow

Dow: 'Marchy said he definitely touched it'

Not sure he's done yet though...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:58 am 
Ken Hunter

Braithy wrote:
that was some game of footy. the euphoria and roar when that final whistle blew ... i've never seen or heard or felt anything like that.

my jets are still scrambled :lol:

It was amazing. The noise was so loud. It was a great night, the Matildas winning and the game itself.
It was interesting listening to Dow after the game, he said last week was huge but this one topped it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:00 pm 
Craig Bradley

CK95 wrote:
How good is it to finally put some hurt on these pricks, especially in such millimeter perfect circumstances at the end. They have dished out soooo many annoying, arsey victories to us over the years & there is nothing like a dish best served cold :fight:

Hopefully that costs them a top 2 spot.

Yes CK , revenge is best served on a cold plate .

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:01 pm 
Ken Hunter

Navy One wrote:
CK95 wrote:

I heard it and I was at the other end

I did too from 100 metres away and amongst tens of thousands of screaming supporters.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next