Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:55 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:35 pm 
Bruce Doull

For sure….

i “almost” ate all my Kit Kats…!

i had four packs…got through three of them…
12 fingers….(so to speak)….!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:02 pm 
Ken Hunter

I still can't stop talking about us. I'm now convinced people are avoiding me at work. My office hasn't been this quite for years.
BAD LUCK!! :grin:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:05 pm 
Bob Chitty

@#$%&! that, i hope it wasnt touched ... we have had enough dodgy calls go against us, so to be on the right side of one is good

on VAR, i hate it. Was meant for the "obvious" mistake ... it shouldnt have even been used in that capacity.

if the umpire was prepared to make the call, let him. no need for review ... unless its an absolute stinker i.e. Hawkins goal in GF etc..

i wont talk about some of the rubbish i have seen used for handballs in the world cup ... talk about the wrong application for technology ...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:10 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Coaches Votes
Carlton v Melbourne

9 George Hewett (CARL)
7 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
7 Nicholas Newman (CARL)
3 Jack Viney (MELB)
2 Angus Brayshaw (MELB)
1 Christian Petracca (MELB)
1 Jacob Weitering (CARL)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:44 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

chubbyruss wrote:
Coaches Votes
Carlton v Melbourne

9 George Hewett (CARL)
7 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
7 Nicholas Newman (CARL)
3 Jack Viney (MELB)
2 Angus Brayshaw (MELB)
1 Christian Petracca (MELB)
1 Jacob Weitering (CARL)

Yep Hewett BOG, ahead of Cripps for me too.

Nic Newman in a vein of elite form. :clap:

Swans boys Hewett and Newman pumpin Bloods footy into the team.
Made for Finals.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:47 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

ScottSaunders2 wrote:
@#$%&! that, i hope it wasnt touched ... we have had enough dodgy calls go against us, so to be on the right side of one is good

on VAR, i hate it. Was meant for the "obvious" mistake ... it shouldnt have even been used in that capacity.

if the umpire was prepared to make the call, let him. no need for review ... unless its an absolute stinker i.e. Hawkins goal in GF etc..

i wont talk about some of the rubbish i have seen used for handballs in the world cup ... talk about the wrong application for technology ...

I'm sick of all the talk.

Gut feelings from pricks 200m away in a box. Grainy footage. TV watchers like me saw he missed it, and I dont have a clue how they did when I saw the same and could see 3 parts of Marchbanks body it could hit. Goal umpire said it hit the body.

I hope he didnt touch it too.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:41 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

ScottSaunders2 wrote:

The argument should be not if Marchbank touched it . It should be why wasn't Marchbank given a free kick for holding and over the shoulder.

There were a stack of umpiring mistakes in this game that could have turned the results either way.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:19 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

tommi wrote:
For sure….

kindest regards tommi
12 fingers! Jesus. I was that tense I couldn't have done one...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:23 pm 
Bruce Doull

DILDO….!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:23 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

DILDUO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:49 pm 
Ken Hunter

Mrs Caz and I just finished watching the replay. Mrs Caz said it was the most intense game she had sat through since the 1999 Prelim, and she was at the game.

I have no idea who these players are these past 8 weeks. It is like they have all been brain washed by some witch doctor into believing what is required to win games and how to play finals type football.

We use to gasp when some of these same players couldn't hit the side of a barn from 30 metres away, under no pressure.

The intensity level is insane. Not one passenger and not one shirker of the contest. B-Line the ball and make the opposition earn every single possession.

It is a truly a wonderful experience watching them play at this current level.

Kudos Blues.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:57 pm 
Ken Hunter

Absolutely Cazz. Just watching us play every minute of the complete game like that, made me tear at the end. It was truly what I have been waiting to see.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:56 pm 
Bruce Doull

bondiblue wrote:
ScottSaunders2 wrote:

Gut feelings from pricks 200m away in a box. Grainy footage. TV watchers like me saw he missed it, and I dont have a clue how they did when I saw the same and could see 3 parts of Marchbanks body it could hit. Goal umpire said it hit the body.

Angus Brayshaw on the news: "I heard it was a goal"

From who you banana?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:42 am 
Craig Bradley

bluehammer wrote:
tommi wrote:
For sure….

kindest regards tommi
12 fingers! Jesus. I was that tense I couldn't have done one...

Two whole hands, if you’re down Drouin way.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:21 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

SurreyBlue wrote:
Absolutely Cazz. Just watching us play every minute of the complete game like that, made me tear at the end. It was truly what I have been waiting to see.

A lot of Bluebaggers teared up at home and at the ground.

That moisture at the G wasnt just the sea parting for Carlton.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:21 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Wojee wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
ScottSaunders2 wrote:

Angus Brayshaw on the news: "I heard it was a goal"

From who you banana?

How can that goose hear anything other than his panting under all that head gear. Fkwit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:18 pm 
Ken Hunter

Just watched the replay. My goodness what a contest.
So many giving their all and truly well led by the skipper. Great game.
Can't wait for this final's series. We will be in up to our eyeballs.

ps. Yeah - I closed my office door and took a couple of hours off. I admit it. :oops:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:09 am 
Ken Hunter

Also just finished The replay, watched over 4 nights and Saturday morning. Fantastic game of footy. Saad was immense in the big moments, hence my 4 mvp votes. Newman had a terrific game until the last 10 minutes when he made some uncharacteristic blunders, hence 2 mvp votes. Those two flipped in my ratings at the end.

I'm a tad annoyed that "controversial" has become the accepted description of the ending. You can see March's finger bend back on the front-on replay, the umpire who was perfectly positioned called it touched, there was no evidence suggesting a gap between hand and ball, and it should have been a free to March anyway. But everyone I speak to clicks their tongue and says "ooh, got a bit lucky there!". I did not accept their assessment and said as much :). And if we're going to get into the umpiring, Langdon should have been pinged when Acres tackled him in the centre square with a minute left. Strong tackle, had time, dropped/placed the ball on the turf. Ump was right there. The Charlie htb with 30 seconds left involved no prior, not an egregious call but not nailed on like Langdon's. Commentators thought it was a deliberate oob but the ump meant what he said. As is often the case, they subconsciously favour the call that keeps the contest alive.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:24 am 
Stephen Kernahan

GreatEx wrote:
Also just finished The replay, watched over 4 nights and Saturday morning. Fantastic game of footy. Saad was immense in the big moments, hence my 4 mvp votes. Newman had a terrific game until the last 10 minutes when he made some uncharacteristic blunders, hence 2 mvp votes. Those two flipped in my ratings at the end.

I'm a tad annoyed that "controversial" has become the accepted description of the ending. You can see March's finger bend back on the front-on replay, the umpire who was perfectly positioned called it touched, there was no evidence suggesting a gap between hand and ball, and it should have been a free to March anyway. But everyone I speak to clicks their tongue and says "ooh, got a bit lucky there!". I did not accept their assessment and said as much :). And if we're going to get into the umpiring, Langdon should have been pinged when Acres tackled him in the centre square with a minute left. Strong tackle, had time, dropped/placed the ball on the turf. Ump was right there. The Charlie htb with 30 seconds left involved no prior, not an egregious call but not nailed on like Langdon's. Commentators thought it was a deliberate oob but the ump meant what he said. As is often the case, they subconsciously favour the call that keeps the contest alive.

True. I had a Melbourne supporter complain to me that they were robbed by the umpire. My response? @#$%&! good! :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10