Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:32 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:10 pm 
Ken Hands

killpies wrote:
Wojee wrote:
I've never understood booing a player just because they left for another club.

Especially when it wasnt their choice. Henderson I understood. Touhy/Stocker/SPS/Casboult etc no.
Spot on.

I expect that sort of rubbish from the scum and the filth, but not from our supporters.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:20 pm 
Bruce Doull

I agree….

but we’re a football club…and we have supporters…
it goes hand in hand…!

lucky we don’t have too many…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:30 pm 
Bob Chitty

that was a great win ...

i said after the pies game that it would mean nothing if we where to lose to st.kilda.

at half time it was dispondant and didnt see it coming, felt we fell into our old style, got ahead of ourselves and started to believe our own hype, cripps trying to do much, not taking the first option, trying to do to much and not trusting his team mates ...

i thought st kilda played almost the perfect game against us in the 1st half, their pressure on the ball, their structure and their cover was excellent. 2nd half was a complete turn around and terrific coming from where we were in the first half made it even better.

kudos to fisher ... i thought, despite a few defensive errors, he was excellent. dow ... im not getting carried away, his first 3/4 werent great. his last was epic. He has it, but until he can get more out of himself, he is largely a liability.

defensive i thought was superb and got even better in the 2nd half ... weitering, newman are in AA form.

just a good solid, season defining win. need to go on with it now. lets cement our spot this week with another win over a top 4 side, and really put the fear into sides.

we get a home final in the first week ... its game on people, game on. 7 wins to go!!

oh and ollie hollands. what a pick up. He will have is name on locker and go down as a great IMO. THe things he is already doing are fantastic!! he will only get better.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:01 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Ollie Hollands wins this week's Rising Star after his starring role in his teams huge win over Saints.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:05 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mickstar wrote:
Crusader wrote:
The muppets that booed Stocker can take a trip out to the far side of Kew and have a good look at themselves.

Bloke was on the pine for more than half the game.

Get a flower grip.

Couldn't agree more . Short memories some people . I will never forget that game a few years back up at the Goldie . We where getting flogged and Adam Saad was distressed to the point of being in tears . It was Stocker who reached out to Adam . Yeah Stocker , the boy from the Grammar School reaching out to the Muslem kid when he was at his lowest ebb . Thats one hell of a decent human being to me . Despite his critics i hold the bloke in the highest of esteem myself .

Nice one fellas. Stocker bled for the Blues. He was shown the door, like a few others, not their doing. Interesting, Josh Kennedy never got booed.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:47 pm 
Ken Hunter

bondiblue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Crusader wrote:
The muppets that booed Stocker can take a trip out to the far side of Kew and have a good look at themselves.

Get a flower grip.

Couldn't agree more . Short memories some people . I will never forget that game a few years back up at the Goldie . We where getting flogged and Adam Saad was distressed to the point of being in tears . It was Stocker who reached out to Adam . Yeah Stocker , the boy from the Grammar School reaching out to the Muslem kid when he was at his lowest ebb . Thats one hell of a decent human being to me . Despite his critics i hold the bloke in the highest of esteem myself .

Nice one fellas. Stocker bled for the Blues. He was shown the door, like a few others, not their doing. Interesting, Josh Kennedy never got booed.

Agree Bondi. This booing had me confused.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:52 pm 
Robert Walls

diesel_85 wrote:
Better win than last week.
Yep, i said it

Agree 100%

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:13 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
Ollie Hollands wins this week's Rising Star after his starring role in his teams huge win over Saints.

What a star !! He’s 3 efforts at the start of the last qtr , sets up Cunningham goal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:36 pm 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Crusader wrote:

Get a flower grip.

Geez Bondi , the more i think about that booing the more angrier i get . I can still see a very concerned Stocker consoling a clearly distressed tearful Adam Saad up at the Goldie . On that single act alone Stocker demonstrated great compassion which is a great quality especially in this day and age . Those booing arseholes need to be called out . I remember the days when that type would have been sat on there arse .

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:54 pm 
Bruce Doull

I agree….

it was good to see the Blue boys get around
Stocker after the game….!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:09 pm 
Geoff Southby

tommi wrote:
I agree….

it was good to see the Blue boys get around
Stocker after the game….!

kindest regards tommi

Yes , i noticed that also
Tom . And Adam Saad sought out Stocker in particular . It was obvious the deep respect Adam had for Stocker . A very uplifting moment i thought .

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:29 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

No place for booing players who have been delisted or traded because no contract has been offered - pisses me off no end when Zach Tuohy is booed.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:35 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Pinheads gunna pinhead.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:45 pm 
Bruce Doull

BOOOOO^^^^…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:06 pm 
Bruce Doull

......BIES!

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:01 am 
Laurie Kerr

AGRO wrote:
No place for booing players who have been delisted or traded because no contract has been offered - pisses me off no end when Zach Tuohy is booed.

Zach Touhy deserves it. He came out and said Carlton's contract offer was a slap in the face and didn't reveal what the offer was. Why dump like that publicly on the team that took a chance on you?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:00 am 
Rod Ashman

And can we touch on Gresham for a sec… Why are we thinking of bringing him in? I’d much rather keep Dow or even Fisher in that form on the list.
Or even get someone else. I think Gresham is not good enough often enough. And our small forwards have more upside than him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:37 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

17th Premiership wrote:
And can we touch on Gresham for a sec… Why are we thinking of bringing him in? I’d much rather keep Dow or even Fisher in that form on the list.
Or even get someone else. I think Gresham is not good enough often enough. And our small forwards have more upside than him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Copy and past to List Management thread.

By the way I agree.

Gresham fans have a love of history.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:38 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Lucky wrote:
AGRO wrote:

Zach Touhy deserves it. He came out and said Carlton's contract offer was a slap in the face and didn't reveal what the offer was. Why dump like that publicly on the team that took a chance on you?

Because it was embarrassingly low to get him out.
He wanted to stay, but on the terms he was offered, SOS got his pick and used it on Marchbank.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:42 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Lucky wrote:
AGRO wrote:

Can’t agree on that one at all.

Players under no obligation to reveal their financials - like Eddie Betts before him - we clearly didn’t want him.

Zach is a gentleman and has nothing but kind words to say about Carlton and his team mates - wish he’d stayed at Carlton and won a flag for us - unfortunately not to be - glad he won a flag at Geelong.

Doesn’t deserve to be booed.

:wink:

Winston Churchill

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next