Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:28 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:39 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Fenwick Snap wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
FANTASTIC WIN

Yeah we coulda won by more if this and that, but we won by 71 points and Charlie kicked 10, and we had 11 goal kickers, with no bench and sub on in first quarter.

Charlie finally kicked the 10 we thought he would.

I loved Cincotta's game, and TDK's, and for 4 quarters Hewett stuck it up his many detractors. Hewett my BOG. Docherty next best or equal best. Weiters Saad Cincotta held our backline with help from Docherty. I also though Newman was poor tonight. He did a few good things but his foot passing at times...FMD.

SOS with a jarred knee, may be OK, Walsh's hammy, was it precautionary coming off?, Motlops calf, soured the win. Cincotta was lucky to be declared free of concussion, thank god.

Not only did we win with our midfield out injured (Cripps Cerra Kennedy), but also our Coleman medallist McKay and star HF Martin, we won with no bench.

Amazing pressure we put on in the first. Like early last year, we seem to blitz the opposition with one super quarter, every week for 5 in a row. I think this is who we are these days.

Our kids got some minutes, and that was good for their development against Weagles, but I was really disappointed in the inconsistent Gov. Many of his fans recall that one great pass in the corridor, 2 months ago, but he hasnt done that for a long long time, and he just fluffs too many kicks for my liking. He's not in my best 22.

Kemp has to also simplify his game, because he has these brain fades and takes on miracle passes like he thinks he's Bobby Skilton. Bobby had mastered the 30m stab pass. Kemp should stick to his strengths.

Cowan was way out of his league.

Pies next. Bring em on.

Mate how the fug is Charlie not BOG. Do a lap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

:lol: Down for 30 push-ups, Bondi. I think Charlie's 10 goals, being half our score, was good enough to see off all comers in this one somehow.

Allright Allright ...Charlie was obvious by a mile or ten, but after him there is debate...Hewett was 2nd best and the Doc amazing how he tackles and breaks tackles.

With 3 on the bench our wings Cottrell 17.2 kms, Holland, Acres and Doc (also in the midfield) did a lot of running helping out the backs and next think running in waves forward.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:44 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

To those who want to see Binns, I get it.
There has been constant suggestions to rest Hollands for Binns or that Binns is a better player. :roll:

No way should Binns be compared to Hollands, and if they are compared, lets stick to the facts in the comparison.
There's a reason Hollands is the go to player by Voss and the MC.

Both elite runners, but Holland has genuine speed and his kicking on both sides also sets them apart.

Hollands back from a shoulder injury just goes and goes. He is the real deal.
Binns will get a game, and may make the grade, but he will find it difficult when the list is fit and will have to be patient. Ditto the supporters.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:59 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

SurreyBlue wrote:

Exactly. Some of his efforts where not good enough.
@Bondi - I don't have a personal issue with any of our players but I will call them out if I think they deserve it. I thought that was evident in my previous posts.

Why dont you name the other 15 who made more mistakes and had less impact than Hewett?

Just a few more points from today's game to help you understand me more.
Hewett - played the Cripps role - no argument, but we cannot go into a game with both on them on ball. We'll be exposed on the outside, especailly by the pies.

Does Kennedy go into the middle with Cripps when both are playing? There's times we have to match the strength of the opposition in the middle and times when we dont. Cant see why it can't be Hewett and Cripps, just like Kennedy and Cripps simultaneously

McGovern's turn overs are killing us. Needs to flowering fix them. Not good enough from someone so experienced.

He is so cocky and needs to take more care. He pisses me off TBH. He's so hot and cold, and one summer doesnt make a swallow. He needs to be a leader

Cottrell and Honey where average today. Very average. Cottrell was good the last couple of weeks, today not so. Some of the pressure without the ball from both of these players should be highlighted by the coaches this week.

Cottrell was everywhere. Only stat that will prove that is 17.2 kms filling in space and supporting both ends of the ground. Ditto all our wings. Honey was strong in the first, and showed a touch of his ability and AGGRESSION, He was either playing to instruction after that, but he was below avearge.

Acres disposal is terrible under pressure. Saad similar,

Come on Surrey. Saad is the best kick in this team, under pressure he is miles ahead of any other Carlton player. Mate its ridiculous to put Saad and Acres in the same boat. Ridiculous.

although he does try to add run but he needs to just settle a little more. Not all the time.
Not sure what has happened to Young as well. One of my favourites last year. :wink: He is lost
Walsh & Cerra are crucial to our midfield setup and that is why we have been dominating last month. Both out made the Eagles compete with us for a half.
I can keep going but I won't....all I will say;
I want perfection from our team, as I want to win a premiership, and if you are happy with not so, that's your prerogative,
I won't paper over players who won't do the team things and demand excellence. Fair enough, but singling out a player without mentioning that caveat is what starts the hysteria about players

I won't put my head in the sand and call it a magical day until it is.

I agree we should always seek perfection, but that's impossible. Even Charlie misses easy shots.

The most important question is whether players fit in and comply with Vossy's adjusted game plan, and Hewett is Best 22 for me. Tough, relentless, selfless, team focussed who plays "Bloods footy".

I know we are all in this together Surrey. I'm just pointing out a few things I disagree with.

Lets hope Walsh is back sooner than later...I hope he misses only Pies and Saints games and back for the last 2-3 must win games.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:11 pm 
Geoff Southby

We could've rested more players.
Good easy win for the team, let's hope they don't have the same soft attitude from the second half next week.
I thought a few players really stood out which was disappointing, as it was so different from the more even team effort last week.
But the opposition can do that to you.
It was good to see Charlie kick 10.

My concern as I stated in the Voss thread a while back is unfortunately coming to fruition with all the injuries mounting up.
We still need more speed, skill and IQ added to the team if we want to play this brand of football, it'll help take some pressure off of some of the players and intern hopefully reduce injuries.
I hope we can get a competitive side on the park next week, I would hate for us to damage all of this good work done over the last 5 weeks.

On another note, Elijah Hewett went alright........I still have FOMO on this kid.
He competed in the air, laid good tackles and kicks the ball really well.

Last edited by Sidefx on Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:24 pm 
Craig Bradley

Bondi I think a bit harsh on Kemp 11marks and 19 disposals pretty good for a third tall but obviously wasnt playing on much
Agree he needs to be a bit more circumspect with his decisions but maybe thats his charm

Reminds me a bit of a young Jarrad Waite and how he went about it

Also some people calling for Marchbank to come into backline no way cincotta kemp mcgovern weitering are not preferred to him

Cowan didbt have a great game but more suited to boyd role than Marchbank

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:36 pm 
Ken Hunter

frank dardew wrote:
Bondi I think a bit harsh on Kemp 11marks and 19 disposals pretty good for a third tall but obviously wasnt playing on much
Agree he needs to be a bit more circumspect with his decisions but maybe thats his charm

Reminds me a bit of a young Jarrad Waite and how he went about it

Also some people calling for Marchbank to come into backline no way cincotta kemp mcgovern weitering are not preferred to him

Cowan didbt have a great game but more suited to boyd role than Marchbank

Talk re: Kemp is very harsh.
I think we know how Voss is setting up by now to say, Marchbank won't be coming in with our current setup.
I just feel Docherty has found his spot and more importantly the spot where he is making a big impact within our setup. I know he plays half back well but IMO the impact he makes through the middle/wing is just too big to ignore.

Last edited by SurreyBlue on Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:17 pm 
Ken Hunter

From BamBam7:

Quote:
Underwood: Kemp, kicks it to Kemp. Handpasses to Kemp. Back to Kemp.

A few minutes ago, she called Fogarty Honey.

And in the final quarter, called Hollands, Fogarty.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:53 pm 
Ken Hands

bluedog wrote:
From BamBam7:

Quote:

Absolute joke.

If I wasn't so lazy, I'd complain.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:00 pm 
Ken Hunter

bluedog wrote:
From BamBam7:

Quote:

I have watched the replay and she is very hard to listen to.
After Charlie kicked his 10th goal she said something along the lines of "Charlie found the golden ticket". (Obviously referring to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie).
Very cringeworthy.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:04 pm 
Ken Hunter

SPS got a 2 week suspension for his tackle on Cincotta.
Fair enough but I still wonder how Boyd got 3 weeks for his tackle.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:01 pm 
Craig Bradley

kezza wrote:

Carlton tax

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:14 am 
Harry Vallence

OMFG they are just making shit up as they go along.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:55 am 
Rod Ashman

The_Cranium wrote:
I don't care what anyone says, Dow is a very average footballer and Voss was absolutely correct to leave him out of the side until there was genuinely no one else. No defensive pressure effort. Shit kick. Poor decision making. He will be dreadfully exposed by Collingwood next week.

It was good to see Paddy Dow finally get a full game. With 21 possessions, 7 clearances, 2 tackles and 1 goal he was an important part our dominant midfield. He was our 10th best in Supercoach and 9th best currently in our TC votes. So, I'd say you suffer from DDS (Dow Derangement Syndrome).

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:40 pm 
Harry Vallence

I think Charlie kicked more (total score) than the Eagles

Nice day out for him

Good win, lets bring on the Pies

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:05 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

GMCbris wrote:

Nice day out for him

They beat him by a goal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:21 pm 
Ken Hunter

Now that's an interesting thought, if we'd kept WCE to 62 points, would Charlie have been the first ever player to singlehandedly outscore the same opposing team in both legs of a H&A season? If the answer is yes then sakc VSOS.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:18 pm 
Bruce Doull

Without looking at any stats I reckon G Ablett snr probably did it to Richmond on a few occasions :lol:

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:19 pm 
Ken Hunter

jake_h03 wrote:
kezza wrote:

Carlton tax

re: Boyd, just a f@#$ing terrible decision and even a bigger joke of a sanction. Bloody football act with no sling. Just terrible.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:25 pm 
Bruce Doull

SurreyBlue wrote:

re: Boyd, just a f@#$ing terrible decision and even a bigger joke of a sanction. Bloody football act with no sling. Just terrible.

100%

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:50 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

jezzarules wrote:
GMCbris wrote:

Nice day out for him

They beat him by a goal

Add Ed’s goal and West Coast only managed a draw with the Curnow Family.

:lol:

Winston Churchill

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next