Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 9:31 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:21 am 
Harry Vallence

Win and without any injuries and a freshend up Cripps and Cerra for next week and I am very happy

Hope that Hewett can find his old form as well

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:25 am 
Robert Walls

I'm excited - it's a great chance for some of the kids to step up and play a leading role in the absence of Cripps, Cerra, H and Kennedy. If we are serious as a club and have the right structures and roles in place across the ground, the Eagles don't get close. I'm confident we have clicked and I think this will be another game that we win easily with some of the lesser lights having big, potentially career best, games - I'm thinking Martin, Cunners, Dow, Fog - players who have been around a while.

Bring it on.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:26 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Traveller86 wrote:
Seriously, supporters need to stop putting themselves through the ringer. We don't need to suffer through "hard yakka" before pulling moves other teams do.

You're also feeding the bs narrative that we "only beat Port because they rested players".

I'm not putting myself through the "ringer" :grin: at all. I'm more frustrated at posters telling others that they're "embarrassing" themselves and somehow presenting themselves as the higher authority on how others should react. Everyone is different and they're all entitled to feel any way they want to selection.

As for your assertion that I'm feeding the bs narrative that we "only beat Port because they rested players, well, that's another case of you posting without arming yourself with the facts first. Find me a reference where i stated that or anything close to it and get back to me. But don't put yourself through the "wringer" doing it.

Last edited by Blue Vain on Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:53 am 
Harry Vallence

bluebo baggers wrote:
I'm excited - it's a great chance for some of the kids to step up and play a leading role in the absence of Cripps, Cerra, H and Kennedy. If we are serious as a club and have the right structures and roles in place across the ground, the Eagles don't get close. I'm confident we have clicked and I think this will be another game that we win easily with some of the lesser lights having big, potentially career best, games - I'm thinking Martin, Cunners, Dow, Fog - players who have been around a while.

Bring it on.

100% agree.

Imagine a great win with some other players stepping up and then adding a fresh Cripps & Cerra next week

The Great Positive the last few weeks has been many more players contributing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:13 pm 
Bob Chitty

I’m not thrilled with the team we’re putting on the park but ultimately proof will be in the pudding tomorrow. If we lose, our season is as good as done. If we win, we’ll likely be better off for managing a few sore players. The other risk is losing momentum which we’ve currently got. As we know, this is a team that has lacked for confidence and belief in the past and even as recently as 5-6 weeks ago. I still think we win the game given how bad WCE are, especially on the road, but let’s see how it plays out.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:41 pm 
Robert Walls

bluebo baggers wrote:

Bring it on.

yes

And damn the myth we are resting players

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:08 pm 
Rod Ashman

Can someone remind me who was out when we played Melbourne and then Collingwood at the end of last year?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:13 pm 
Robert Walls

17th Premiership wrote:
Can someone remind me who was out when we played Melbourne and then Collingwood at the end of last year?

Newman and Kennedy missed both
Walsh missed pies
Williams and Cerra missed Dees

I'm sure there are others

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:45 pm 
Ken Hunter

A friend went to training this morning. He sent me a txt saying he doesn't think TDK will be playing. I messaged back asking why but have no response at this stage.
Anyone heard anything about him being in doubt?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:49 pm 
Ken Hunter

bluebo baggers wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:

Newman and Kennedy missed both
Walsh missed pies
Williams and Cerra missed Dees

I'm sure there are others

I don't think Hewett played in either game.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:14 pm 
Harry Vallence

kezza wrote:
A friend went to training this morning. He sent me a txt saying he doesn't think TDK will be playing. I messaged back asking why but have no response at this stage.
Anyone heard anything about him being in doubt?

Can't substantiate yr info , but wouldn't be surprised at this juncture of the season player preparedness is tricky, usually 1st year youngsters begin to show wear and tear and should be rested & experienced but so not durable types and we have quite a few begin to fall away too. keep the fingers crossed, that TDK come up otherwise we'll be particularly short.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:29 pm 
Ken Hunter

A poster on BF says there may be a couple of late changes tomorrow.
1 definitely and 1 will see how they are in the morning.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:33 pm 
Harry Vallence

kezza wrote:

Based on what I saw Saad and TDK must have question marks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:05 pm 
Ken Hunter

Taking the piss, I'm not confident any more, which is insane I know.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:07 pm 
Ken Hunter

GreatEx wrote:
Taking the piss, I'm not confident any more, which is insane I know.

Same as me.
I am starting to get very nervous about this game.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:18 pm 
Geoff Southby

Saw a tweet suggesting this is the first time since Matt Kennedy arrived at the Blues that we will play a game without one of him or Cripps in the side.

Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:38 pm 
Harry Vallence

killpies wrote:
Saw a tweet suggesting this is the first time since Matt Kennedy arrived at the Blues that we will play a game without one of him or Cripps in the side.

No problems we have 'the extractor' in Dow to slot right in

:yikes:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:50 pm 
Geoff Southby

GMCbris wrote:
killpies wrote:

No problems we have 'the extractor' in Dow to slot right in

:yikes:

Hope he kills it. :donk:

Donating $10 to Ladbrokes on Eagles at $13 to make sure we win.

Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:01 pm 
Harry Vallence

The years of mediocracy (and worse) have made me nervous regarding every game. I couldn't relax against Port until about the twenty minute mark of the last quarter. I kept half expecting a devastating collapse, what we've been through over the last twenty odd years will do that to you.

WC have some kids who are going to be pretty good players, we can't give them a sniff. We must come out smoking, crush them early, destroy their confidence, and then keep the foot on the throat.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:22 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

kezza wrote:

Saad looked very sore last week. Achilles maybe?
He can join Martin on the sidelines.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next