Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:28 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 2:56 pm 
Harry Vallence

Paddycripps wrote:
This could be the making of JSOS
He will be high on belief and confidence now
And hard to see the MC dropping him again

For players like Jack the style we are now playing suits them. They are getting space because of our run

Jack McGovern Martin Fogarty have significantly improved their efforts in recent weeks. We need to keep playing this way

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:07 pm 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:
The_Cranium wrote:
What a great game from the whole team. The turnaround is fair dinkum now. 2 points out of the 8. Should be in the 8 by this time next week.

Pros:
pressure
Tackling
JSOS
Jesse
McGov
TDK
All played their best games for the year if not careers
I was there to enjoy it

Cons:
BlAcres kicking is woeful
Paddy Dow - I want him to make it so bad, but he's just not going to. His disposal and decision making is not AFL level and will never be. It's like he has no depth perception :cry:
Injuries. Injuries ffs. Injuries :banghead:

Acres: some kicks were bad. Not all.
Had 17 kicks 7 handballs. 67% efficiency
567 metres gained, and one of our best: Top 5 players

EFA - Kicking efficiency 52.6%
Only Carlton players worse were Harry 50%, Boyd 44.4% and Dow 40%.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:13 pm 
Geoff Southby

Probably the most important stats from last night were pressure acts and is where we won the game IMO.
5 of the top 6 players were Blues.
Walsh - 33
Drew - 31 - Port
Cerra - 30
Cripps - 25
Newman - 24
Fogarty - 23

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:19 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sidefx wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
The_Cranium wrote:
What a great game from the whole team. The turnaround is fair dinkum now. 2 points out of the 8. Should be in the 8 by this time next week.

Pros:
pressure
Tackling
JSOS
Jesse
McGov
TDK
I was there to enjoy it

Cons:
Paddy Dow - I want him to make it so bad, but he's just not going to. His disposal and decision making is not AFL level and will never be. It's like he has no depth perception :cry:

Thanks for that Sidey :thumbsup: I thought it would be 50-60. 2 x OOB doesnt help.

Acres was huge defensively. He just runs to the right spots. His kicking isnt Mundy level but his nouse is.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:21 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sidefx wrote:
Probably the most important stats from last night were pressure acts and is where we won the game IMO.
5 of the top 6 players were Blues.
Walsh - 33
Drew - 31 - Port
Cerra - 30
Cripps - 25
Newman - 24
Fogarty - 23

Nice numbers from players in the busy areas of the game.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:26 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

The numbers I read this morning showed Port had more I50's and time in their forward half. It didn't feel that way, coz it was rare the ball past their HF line, unless Umpire Razor Ray gave free shots at goal to Port, I think there were 5 charities :yikes: . Those forward entries entries are areas that requiring attention at the review. Not much else to complain about.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:33 pm 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
The_Cranium wrote:

Pros:
pressure
Tackling
JSOS
Jesse
McGov
TDK
I was there to enjoy it

Cons:

Thanks for that Sidey :thumbsup: I thought it would be 50-60. 2 x OOB doesnt help.

Acres was huge defensively. He just runs to the right spots. His kicking isnt Mundy level but his nouse is.

He is a conundrum.
His defensive work is elite as too his decison making.
However his kicking is woeful, not just in accuracy but the up and unders he kicks.
We just can't seem to find a complete wing yet.
Doc and Walsh would be our top 2 at the moment IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:32 pm 
Wayne Johnston

bondiblue wrote:
The numbers I read this morning showed Port had more I50's and time in their forward half. It didn't feel that way, coz it was rare the ball past their HF line, unless Umpire Razor Ray gave free shots at goal to Port, I think there were 5 charities :yikes: . Those forward entries entries are areas that requiring attention at the review. Not much else to complain about.

I think it felt that way as every time we went inside 50 we scored quickly, whereas Port broke down in front of goals and spent a lot of time there trying to score.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:08 pm 
Rod Ashman

sinbagger wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

I think it felt that way as every time we went inside 50 we scored quickly, whereas Port broke down in front of goals and spent a lot of time there trying to score.

For periods of the game they hemmed us in across our half back and got repeat entries. However I would not call them quality entries and if it wasn't for the umpires frees for them and not paying incorrect disposal on so many occasions - I could hold my breath between the lack of decisions, they would not have had shots on goal.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:32 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Loved the atmosphere. It was great to go to a Carlton game and actually enjoy having the win wrapped up in the last 20 minutes instead of being on edge.
The last time I felt that relaxed in the stands was the 95GF.
I love the effort being put out by the players. Martin, Cunners and Fogarty are rightly getting plaudits for the forward function but Cottrell has been a big bonus as well. Plus he provides a quality wing rotation.

With Boyd probably going out, I'd be inclined to push Docherty to H/B and bring Hollands in. Cowan isn't like for like and isn't overly suited to small forwards.

Walsh is playing inspired footy. The amended game style suits him perfectly. Hard runners are rewarded with our shorter/faster ball movement and no one runs harder than Sam. Plus his smothers and other defensive actions are inspiring the others. 10 clearances to Cripps was excellent but I thought he went back to some old habits yesterday. Worrying too much about engaging his opponent at stoppages instead of getting to the drop of the ball. It reminds me of the old Carey/Jakovich battles. Carey could have played the ball but his ego needed him to take Jakovich on for strength instead.
I'm not certain that Crippa is our ideal choice as captain long term. When Rozee received the handball from Finlayson to kick a goal, Cripps was his opponent and just walked away without being accountable. Combined with some of his poor defensive efforts when resting forward, they're not the actions of the player who should be setting the standards. Disappointing. I love his effort in tight but the defensive expectations should apply to everyone.

Cerra 66% game time was a concern. Hopefully he's OK. I love the way he plays the game. Great all round player. Special mention to McGovern. He concerns me with his willingness to commit to marking contests sometimes but he continually put his body on the line last night. I love the footy in his hands.
That's where we'll miss Boyd. He's a beautiful user of the ball. Lastly, TDK. Clearances, tackles, ruck work. Great all round game.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:17 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Vain wrote:
Loved the atmosphere. It was great to go to a Carlton game and actually enjoy having the win wrapped up in the last 20 minutes instead of being on edge.
I love the effort being put out by the players. Martin, Cunners and Fogarty are rightly getting plaudits for the forward function but Cottrell has been a big bonus as well. Plus he provides a quality wing rotation.

With Boyd probably going out, I'd be inclined to push Docherty to H/B and bring Hollands in. Cowan isn't like for like and isn't overly suited to small forwards.

Walsh is playing inspired footy. The amended game style suits him perfectly. Hard runners are rewarded with our shorter/faster ball movement and no one runs harder than Sam. Plus his smothers and other defensive actions are inspiring the others. 10 clearances to Cripps was excellent but I thought he went back to some old habits yesterday. Worrying too much about engaging his opponent at stoppages instead of getting to the drop of the ball. It reminds me of the old Carey/Jakovich battles. Carey could have played the ball but his ego needed him to take Jakovich on for strength instead.
I'm not certain that Crippa is our ideal choice as captain long term. When Rozee received the handball from Finlayson to kick a goal, Cripps was his opponent and just walked away without being accountable. Combined with some of his poor defensive efforts when resting forward, they're not the actions of the player who should be setting the standards. Disappointing. I love his effort in tight but the defensive expectations should apply to everyone.

Cerra 66% game time was a concern. Hopefully he's OK. I love the way he plays the game. Great all round player. Special mention to McGovern. He concerns me with his willingness to commit to marking contests sometimes but he continually put his body on the line last night. I love the footy in his hands.
That's where we'll miss Boyd. He's a beautiful user of the ball. Lastly, TDK. Clearances, tackles, ruck work. Great all round game.

Like that idea of Hollands in.
Kid is going to be a serious player for us.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:44 pm 
Garry Crane

Cazzesman wrote:
When was the last time The Blues won 4 games in a row at 50pts or more?

Even in 95 it was mostly around 30 from memory.

Regards Cazzesman

First time ever

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:39 pm 
John James

Blue Vain wrote:

You always provide articulate and thoughtful responses. Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:15 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Sidefx wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
The_Cranium wrote:

Pros:
pressure
Tackling
JSOS
Jesse
McGov
TDK
I was there to enjoy it

Cons:

He is a conundrum.
His defensive work is elite as too his decison making.
However his kicking is woeful, not just in accuracy but the up and unders he kicks.
We just can't seem to find a complete wing yet.
Doc and Walsh would be our top 2 at the moment IMO.

He does a lot of things well. Kicking is not one of them. Is he a better kick than Dow? Yes. Than anyone else in the team? I wouldn't have thought so

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:05 am 
Rod Ashman

Blue Vain wrote:

wonderful post BV

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:21 pm 
Laurie Kerr

bender wrote:
i didnt get a chance to watch any of the game, but the result is amazing.

serious question - is this the best win we have had since we beat bitchmond in the final? as i said, i havent seen any of the game, just the final scores

Can anybody name a better H&A win this century?

When was the last time we beat a genuine contender in a game that mattered? When have we ever done it so emphatically?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:59 pm 
Craig Bradley

peabody wrote:
bender wrote:

serious question - is this the best win we have had since we beat bitchmond in the final? as i said, i havent seen any of the game, just the final scores

When was the last time we beat a genuine contender in a game that mattered? When have we ever done it so emphatically?

10 goal win over Collingwood in round 3 2012. Put us into premiership favouritism. That was probably our highest moment this century

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:01 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

jake_h03 wrote:
peabody wrote:
bender wrote:

10 goal win over Collingwood in round 3 2012. Put us into premiership favouritism. That was probably our highest moment this century

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2001 against the cheats who won* the flag the previous year after only losing one game. We go in minus Kouta, SOS, Braddles, Matty Allan who was the best ruckman in the comp at the time and come away with the win.
Knocked them* over again in the return match later that season too.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:04 pm 
Harry Vallence

Watched the replay

Play like that and we can beat anyone. It's that simple

As a supporter it is everything you want to see. Pressure, effort and an attacking style

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:29 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

peabody wrote:
bender wrote:

Brisbane in Teagues first game as coach.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next