Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:05 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:00 pm 
Harry Vallence

Too many changes for them. This could mean two things:

1- They either don't rate us and are confident will get the job done easily OR

2- They know we will be coming hard and will be desperate to win so they are happy to give us the 4 points given how far ahead they are on the ladder!

I still think they got enough power to trouble us but the game is in our hands.. We can Win it and need to win it

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:51 pm 
Rod Ashman

Dodo27 wrote:

2- They know we will be coming hard and will be desperate to win so they are happy to give us the 4 points given how far ahead they are on the ladder!

I still think they got enough power to trouble us but the game is in our hands.. We can Win it and need to win it

see, Dodo, in theory i agree with this.

but... ya know.... its Carlton.... so anything could happen....

i really want to believe, but when i go to therapy, rather than talk about my personal issues, all i seem to talk about is that navy blue jumper....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:52 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Blues now $1.84 to Port $1.96.

Should be enough for us to kick back now for the next couple of days.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:12 am 
Bruce Doull

Well….

we’re paying 51$ for the Cup now…in from 201$…!

worth placing 118$ on….for just over 6 Gee…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:49 am 
Bruce Doull

Dodo27 wrote:

I was thinking 2, but then they're in a tussle with Brisbane for a home final. They don't want to be losing games, especially if the Lions beat the dees. Which I think they will

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:18 am 
Rod Ashman

Mickstar wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
TDK for Kennedy. Hewett stays. Young Omitted

Marchbank Emergency. I assume McGovern will be given until Saturday

:thumbsup: sounds like a plan.

Regards Cazzesman

Andrew Russell cops more shit than Paddy Dow yet he seems to be getting these blokes up . Martin and Cunningham and now Marchbank who are three of our more talented players .

Agree. Not to mention McGovern and esp Charlie who most people thought would never fully recover.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:36 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Dodo27 wrote:

Maybe simply they have injuries and players who deserve to be dropped

I don't think clubs worry too much about the opposition. I mean obviously clubs worry about match ups and stopping key players but outside of these tactical things I believe clubs tend to focus on their own systems and processes and trying to improve these things every week and managing players

You can only control the things you can control

If you take care of your backyard the results will come over time

Nobody wants to flirt with form

Carlton are no mugs. Bad teams don't have 3 consecutive 50+ points wins in a row

Port , at least their coaches won't be taking us easily. I dare say they'll see this as a bit of a danger game.

7 changes is significant and could unsettle their systems somewhat. But their core mid guns are still there so I think any impact will be minimal.

Dixon out is the big one. Takes away the clear worry we may have had, that is being short down back.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:33 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Paddycripps wrote:
Dodo27 wrote:

Maybe simply they have injuries and players who deserve to be dropped

I don't think clubs worry too much about the opposition. I mean obviously clubs worry about match ups and stopping key players but outside of these tactical things I believe clubs tend to focus on their own systems and processes and trying to improve these things every week and managing players

You can only control the things you can control

If you take care of your backyard the results will come over time

Nobody wants to flirt with form

Carlton are no mugs. Bad teams don't have 3 consecutive 50+ points wins in a row

Port , at least their coaches won't be taking us easily. I dare say they'll see this as a bit of a danger game.

7 changes is significant and could unsettle their systems somewhat. But their core mid guns are still there so I think any impact will be minimal.

Dixon out is the big one. Takes away the clear worry we may have had, that is being short down back.

Agree with both of you. Especially the highlighted bit.

I dont underestimate Carlton.
I also think both teams are even and on their day, either can win.

No doubt, Carlton has more to play for. Not just finals, but pride and belief in their system and Coach and one another. We've become a selfless team.

In front of a home crowd. indoors. Sounds like a cozy win for Carlton.
Still think we can win this by at least 5 goals.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:05 am 
Bruce Doull

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/07/13/ ... at-marvel/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:43 am 
Bob Chitty

It is a worry that there is starting to be a level of expectation around our performance tomorrow. Bookies have us as favourites. Media talking us up all week and now the “no excuses” narrative is out there. These are the games we almost always lose. It’s a good test for the players after 3 very good weeks to show they can handle a level of pressure and expectation to get the job done.

Ultimately, given the extremely bad 8 week period during the middle of the year, this is close to a must win game to make finals. Appreciate we can drop two in the run home but Collingwood and Melbourne have owned us for years, St Kilda is a bogie side and Metricon stadium has been a house of horrors for this club.

I will say if we bring that manic pressure and tackling from the last few weeks we can give anyone a shake in this competition.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:48 am 
Robert Walls

CK95 wrote:
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/07/13/why-there-is-no-excuse-for-blues-not-to-topple-banged-up-power-at-marvel/

Here we go.... I knew we couldn't get through to the game without some good old-fashioned reverse psychology from a Carlton-hater! :roll:

Geez I hope we just stick to the task at hand and roll them.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:52 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

The reality is we haven’t really taken a scalp this year and have failed all previous tests. Tomorrow is an opportunity to right some wrongs.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:35 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Mil Hanna wrote:
CK95 wrote:
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/07/13/why-there-is-no-excuse-for-blues-not-to-topple-banged-up-power-at-marvel/

Here we go.... I knew we couldn't get through to the game without some good old-fashioned reverse psychology from a Carlton-hater! :roll:

Geez I hope we just stick to the task at hand and roll them.

Cornes is a shitbag. Their midfield is "decimated" :lol:
Who is out? JHF and .......? Their ruck is on one leg? Has he seen where our rucks have been the past couple of weeks?
He's just looking for an excuse to pot us. Miserable @#$%&! excuse for a human being.

It's typical of his form. If we win, we should have anyway. If we don't, let's have a pile on. Grub.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:43 pm 
John James

Mil Hanna wrote:
Betting odds now almost even:

Carlton $1.92
Port $1.88

Yesterday it was:

Carlton $2.25
Port $1.65

i think the only thing that this reflects is blues money with nothing better to do with itself than ego tripping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:52 pm 
John James

MPH78 wrote:
The reality is we haven’t really taken a scalp this year and have failed all previous tests. Tomorrow is an opportunity to right some wrongs.

yep. Voss was wise to keep saying we will do well to respect our opposition this week in the presser today whenever suggestions Port is vulnerable came up. i hope that’s the message inside the club not just the media savvy messaging. you don’t win 13 in a row without being able to shift some players around and rest others and still win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:14 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Reckon McG is 50/50

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:32 pm 
Bruce Doull

I thought it was at Marvel?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:39 pm 
formerly BlueRob

We keep hearing the excuses for Port with their Outs ... . But they also have some pretty good Ins ... Scott Lycett, Tom Jonas, Xavier Duursma

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:40 pm 
Garry Crane

The 7 changes does not make the game easy for us ,i see it as the opposite guys coming in a going try extra hard to to keep a senior spot so they will prove a point ,finals ans possibly a premiership coming up .Hope i am WRONG

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:52 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

When are the ressies playing?

If it is tonight or tmrw if Marchbank plays then you'd think McG plays

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next