Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:45 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:58 pm 
Robert Walls

Just walking home from the game. That was @#$%&! awesome to see live!!

So good to just watch the team go about its business with the result never in doubt. Just didn't even give them a sniff.

Fantastic team performance.

I am actually looking forward to the challenge against Port next week. I reckon we are a show playing this brand of footy.

Go Blues!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:01 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Trying to think of a more complete performance from this group. Super defensive effort pretty much all day. Back six led by Weiters immense.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:02 pm 
Geoff Southby

Best game of the year
All players contributed
Team effort
Next week will be interesting

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:05 pm 
Ken Hunter

defence is now working the way Voss wanted it and the inclusion of Martin, Fogarty and Cunners just has given thew whole team more run. Great game from Walsh and Harry too. Gee that run of games where we couldn't hit the side of a barn and couldn't run...@#$%&! it. But this side is building a strong brand and I'm actually really excited about next year, it takes time to change so many years of being shit but the club is turning things around. A way to go but we are not nearly as far off it as it looked a few weeks ago. Port will be a test and losing Kennedy (and no doubt Gov) will hurt.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:11 pm 
Geoff Southby

I've been a big weitering fan and perhaps the clubs fortunes reat on him being in good or bad form. When in form the guy destroys

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:13 pm 
Harry Vallence

IMO, the best win and the best we have played since Vossy has been our coach.

Nothing but pure grit and determination.

Tackling and pressure at like 100000% for pretty much the whole game.

How in the hell did we win the clearances and stoppage clearances against one of if not the best "rucks" in the comp?

If it wasn't already a must, re-signing JSOS has to be a lock. Great game Jack!

I think it was a great "team" effort, but I'm just saying Cerra and Wash - OUTSTANDING today.

Great win. I think we need to win 5 of the last 7 games to get a go at finals. If they play like this, well there is every chance they can do it :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:15 pm 
Robert Walls

dannyboy wrote:
defence is now working the way Voss wanted it and the inclusion of Martin, Fogarty and Cunners just has given thew whole team more run. Great game from Walsh and Harry too. Gee that run of games where we couldn't hit the side of a barn and couldn't run...@#$%&! it. But this side is building a strong brand and I'm actually really excited about next year, it takes time to change so many years of being shit but the club is turning things around. A way to go but we are not nearly as far off it as it looked a few weeks ago. Port will be a test and losing Kennedy (and no doubt Gov) will hurt.

Yes, our fwd pressure looks different with cunners, Martin, owies and Fogarty.

Matty J and Gov being out - gives hewett and young another go down back I suspect (expecting TDK to be back)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:18 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Great win on the road. Our centre bounce mids have done exceptionally well the last 2 weeks without a recognised ruckman. The pressure we brought today is what we need to bring iweek in week out.

Like others I'm looking forward to next week. Another chance to test ourselves against genuine quality

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:20 pm 
Ken Hunter

Mil Hanna wrote:
Just walking home from the game. That was @#$%&! awesome to see live!!

So good to just watch the team go about its business with the result never in doubt. Just didn't even give them a sniff.

Fantastic team performance.

I am actually looking forward to the challenge against Port next week. I reckon we are a show playing this brand of footy.

Go Blues!!

Glad you enjoyed the game.
Hats off to our WA supporters. The noise and support was amazing.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:23 pm 
Rod Ashman

I heard this on Blue Abroad:
"Carlton tackled like Freo had shagged Nana" :smoking:
Go Blues!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:26 pm 
Craig Bradley

Almost a complete game by the team
No passengers

Good chance next week against Port who may be due for a loss
Great tackling and team footy
Great pressure
Great to win 3 in a tow but what tgf helm was happening in those middle 8 weeks
Play like that you beat Swans bulldogs and Aints at least

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:31 pm 
Harry Vallence

1 change next week barring any injuries.
Out Kennedy
In Hewett

That's it.

Ruckmen can earn their spot back by being elite at the second level for a period of time, not simply because they are tall.
The boys are outrunning teams. Minimal changes.

Go blues

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:34 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Imo, since round 9 we have been showing more, than we did in our unbeaten first month.
We shoulda, coulda, but its still relative, Dogs, STK, Effendope, Swans and even Dees if we kicked straight, and certainly this kind of footy.

Undefeated now for just over a month??? Close.

Round 23, 2002, must be ringing in their ear since, especially since the Swans and Effendope give away games.

It's all or nothing.

Bring Port on. Bring on Pies. Bring on Dees. Bring on GWS. Bring on GCS...and BYO Eagles for a bit of % in Melb.

Young & SOS ruck duo goes against everything I believe in the ruck role, but I did say, before the game, if we win, then the value Pitto and TDK are not what we expect from the ruck position.

These 2 give us run and fill in holes, then some. If one of the 2 went down, our balance across the ground would have been disrupted, but our endeavour to defend every line would have willed a win, no doubt imo.

Hats off to Young and JSOS oncxe again :thumbsup: :gift:

I still look forward TDK coming into the mix.

Fk our backline is good, but even better when the mids heap on pressure upfield. Freo couldnt score for a looooong while.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:41 pm 
Harry Vallence

We were a very good team today. After Friday night watching the Magpies I thought the premiership is theirs to lose. Wouldn't it be nice if were the team to take the premiership away from our arch rivals. Having said that, week by week... :thumbsup:

Blue is the colour, Blue is our colourful conversation, football is the game, talking carlton is our aim, we're all together, we're all together, winning is our aim, arguing is a pain, let's debate for gain. .. .!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:48 pm 
Craig Bradley

london blue wrote:
dannyboy wrote:

Yes, our fwd pressure looks different with cunners, Martin, owies and Fogarty.

Matty J and Gov being out - gives hewett and young another go down back I suspect (expecting TDK to be back)

Marchbank might get a go in place of Gov (if he is actually out)

More of a like for like and Marchy found plenty of the footy in the 2s this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:53 pm 
Robert Walls

bondiblue wrote:
Imo, since round 9 we have been showing more, than we did in our unbeaten first month.
We shoulda, coulda, but its still relative, Dogs, STK, Effendope, Swans and even Dees if we kicked straight, and certainly this kind of footy.

Round 23, 2002, must be ringing in their ear since, especially since the Swans and Effendope give away games.

It's all or nothing.

Bring Port on. Bring on Pies. Bring on Dees. Bring on GWS. Bring on GCS...and BYO Eagles for a bit of % in Melb.

Young & SOS ruck duo goes against everything I believe in the ruck role, but I did say, before the game, if we win, then the value Pitto and TDK are not what we expect from the ruck position.

These 2 give us run and fill in holes, then some. If one of the 2 went down, our balance across the ground would have been disrupted, but our endeavour to defend every line would have willed a win, no doubt imo.

Fk our backline is good, but even better when the mids heap on pressure upfield. Freo couldnt score for a looooong while.

Well said BB

And our back half has 3 juniors in Kempy, chinky and Boyd!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:01 pm 
Bruce Doull

How shit were Fremantle!!

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:02 pm 
Harry Vallence

Very happy. We have definitely adjusted our game style since early in the year and also our mix of players. Cuningham Martin Fogarty Boyd Kemp have all added to the side

Walsh is now back to full fitness. Cerra gets better & better. Cripps is back doing what he does next and not trying to do to much. McGovern is now fit and putting in the effort

And we are using the ball better. Amazing what confidence can do

Hope Kennedy is okay but Hewett is a great replacement.

Looking forward to next weeks game. I think we are ready

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:06 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

london blue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

It's all or nothing.

Well said BB

And our back half has 3 juniors in Kempy, chinky and Boyd!

The kidz...Farmer's kidz..under 23, and more coming after our Flag year(s) and during...I know kieep a lid on it, but I'm watching it brwe, and the team is brewing and winning. Isnt that what its all about!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:10 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

FarmerBlue wrote:
Very happy. We have definitely adjusted our game style since early in the year and also our mix of players. Cuningham Martin Fogarty Boyd Kemp have all added to the side

Walsh is now back to full fitness. Cerra gets better & better. Cripps is back doing what he does next and not trying to do to much. McGovern is now fit and putting in the effort

And we are using the ball better. Amazing what confidence can do

We are giving it off, forward of play, creating chains, and knowing someone will be there ie the players are allowed to make that happen.

What a revelation...any way, onwards and upwards.
We are on the next mission, after another, mission accomplished.

Amazing what team confidence can do in a blink

Hope Kennedy is okay but Hewett is a great replacement.

Looking forward to next weeks game. I think we are ready