Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:40 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:13 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

london blue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Imo, since round 9 we have been showing more, than we did in our unbeaten first month.
We shoulda, coulda, but its still relative, Dogs, STK, Effendope, Swans and even Dees if we kicked straight, and certainly this kind of footy.

Undefeated now for just over a month??? Close.

Round 23, 2002, must be ringing in their ear since, especially since the Swans and Effendope give away games.

It's all or nothing.

Bring Port on. Bring on Pies. Bring on Dees. Bring on GWS. Bring on GCS...and BYO Eagles for a bit of % in Melb.

Young & SOS ruck duo goes against everything I believe in the ruck role, but I did say, before the game, if we win, then the value Pitto and TDK are not what we expect from the ruck position.

These 2 give us run and fill in holes, then some. If one of the 2 went down, our balance across the ground would have been disrupted, but our endeavour to defend every line would have willed a win, no doubt imo.

Hats off to Young and JSOS oncxe again :thumbsup: :gift:

I still look forward TDK coming into the mix.

Fk our backline is good, but even better when the mids heap on pressure upfield. Freo couldnt score for a looooong while.

Well said BB

And our back half has 3 juniors in Kempy, chinky and Boyd!

Hey london, phone recharging. Great win. Power, pressure footy. Team defence, then turm it around quick smart to attacking footy.

Penny has dropped. Finals tickets in Melb looking good.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:15 pm 
Harry Vallence

Love our defence.

Boyd Cincotta Kemp doing a good job and will get better
Weitering back to his best. Newman is Mr Reliable
Impressed with McGovern last 2 weeks effort is there. Maybe keep him on One year deals to make sure he’s focussed

And we have Cowan Marchbank Durdin Plowman all in the 2’s and Williams to return next year.
Young & Doc can always go back as well

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:24 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

FarmerBlue wrote:
Love our defence.

Boyd Cincotta Kemp doing a good job and will get better
Weitering back to his best. Newman is Mr Reliable
Impressed with McGovern last 2 weeks effort is there. Maybe keep him on One year deals to make sure he’s focussed

And we have Cowan Marchbank Durdin Plowman all in the 2’s and Williams to return next year.
Young & Doc can always go back as well

Say no more.

Amazing how our boys Hollands and Binns might not get a look in if we keep going like this.

Hewett for Kennedy and vice versa is what I posted this week. They both belong in our best 22.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:30 pm 
Geoff Southby

Hard at the man and the ball all over the ground amounts to pressure . Hats off to Jack and Young for giving it there everything . And a special mention to Jack Martin for his unrelenting ferocity . I thought he was phenomenal . Such a tough hard creative player . It is unbelievable that people on this sight suggest he is soft . Truly outrageous to infer that for mine . Ridiculous .

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:36 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mickstar wrote:
Hard at the man and the ball all over the ground amounts to pressure . Hats off to Jack and Young for giving it there everything . And a special mention to Jack Martin for his unrelenting ferocity . I thought he was phenomenal . Such a tough hard creative player . It is unbelievable that people on this sight suggest he is soft . Truly outrageous to infer that for mine . Ridiculous .

I haven't even started naming players Mick, but Martin was just in everything and not just THAT bump, he does it in so many ways, other players are still writing them down. Phenomenal today, and with Cuninghams on the outside, these 2 inclusions alone are just phenomenal.

What happens if Marchbank, and Pitto, and TDK come into the equation?
Gov isnt a certainty for next week.
The injury prone players may yet win us a flag.
If it's not impossible and there's a good argument for...then go for it.

The stars are lining and opening up options everywhere...like...why would TDK refuse 650K to be part of this with his mates.
This is HUGE

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:44 pm 
Bob Chitty

Very good performance today. Pressure was immense. Everyone contributed.
The inclusion of Cunners, Martin and Fog has changed the stale complexion of our forward line.
Really big game next week.
Least we’re playing a brand of footy we can get behind and enjoy watching. Makes the middle 8 weeks even harder to cop knowing we are better than that

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:49 pm 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:

I haven't even started naming players Mick, but Martin was just in everything and not just THAT bump, he does it in so many ways, other players are still writing them down. Phenomenal today, and with Cuninghams on the outside, these 2 inclusions alone are just phenomenal.

What happens if Marchbank, and Pitto, and TDK come into the equation?
Gov isnt a certainty for next week.
The injury prone players may yet win us a flag.
If it's not impossible and there's a good argument for...then go for it.

The stars are lining and opening up options everywhere...like...why would TDK refuse 650K to be part of this with his mates.
This is HUGE

Yeah , indeed Chesty Bondi , what the friggin hell is wrong with big Tommy . If he leaves us he will regret it till the day he leaves this earth . When the money runs out all you have is memories . Never met an ex Carlton player yet who has said he wished he played for another Club . Those two Magpie legends Peter McKenna and Mick McGuane still speak fondly of there time with our great Club even though there time with us was brief . Yep , i couldn't agree more Bondi .

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:22 pm 
Harry Vallence

Magnificent team defence today. We play best when we play "stingy"

The team looks invigorated

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:24 pm 
John James

I also suspect that was our best performance this year (it's always a bit unclear how pox the opposition are). Great to watch a consistent mixture of class and intensity.

No passengers, no rabbits in the headlights, and finding ways to respond when it looks like the oppo are about to get a run-on.

On Martin, he might get labelled soft by some because sometimes it looks like he chooses when to throw himself into the contest. I think if he's guilty of this, it's through a considered assessment of the best use of his talents in the situation rather than softness, a skill in itself. I paraphrase: too many cooks butcher the ball. Although we hit the packs hard, we also got the positioning right, and players like Martin can only add to this, having an instinct for how a situation will play out and what opportunities await. Hope that makes sense.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:27 pm 
Geoff Southby

Fenwick Snap wrote:
I also suspect that was our best performance this year (it's always a bit unclear how pox the opposition are). Great to watch a consistent mixture of class and intensity.

No passengers, no rabbits in the headlights, and finding ways to respond when it looks like the oppo are about to get a run-on.

On Martin, he might get labelled soft by some because sometimes it looks like he chooses when to throw himself into the contest. I think if he's guilty of this, it's through a considered assessment of the best use of his talents in the situation rather than softness, a skill in itself. I paraphrase: too many cooks butcher the ball. Although we hit the packs hard, we also got the positioning right, and players like Martin can only add to this, having an instinct for how a situation will play out and what opportunities await. Hope that makes sense.

Martin has been ok g the last couple
No doubt he is talented and has great hands
Have always said that
Bit when the ball is coming to him and there is pressure coming he has a look
Happened today
If you don’t believe me watch the replay
Hard footballers don’t have a peak

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:39 pm 
Harry Vallence

Defensive pressure was elite.. all game

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:49 pm 
Rod Ashman

They were really good today. I’m not sure if it’s the opposition or they’ve genuinely turned the corner, the test will come next week.

I thought Martin was important, he chases and tackles and hits hard. Stats don’t always tell the story

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:50 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Sensational day at the footy. Pleasure to be there watching us play like that. Great team footy, great pressure, great intensity, great physicality. That Martin bump :smoking:

Not long ago I was broken, completely broken. THAT patch pushed me beyond my limits. Had a detailed discussion with the club and couldn’t go through with my membership cancellation. I guess when you bleed blue you bleed blue.

Well since then we are 3 for 3 so you are all welcome :lol:

Was lucky enough to get my son and daughter in to the rooms after the game. Great pics with multiple players and even Vossy. Made their year.

Briefly spoke with Brian Cook. I asked specifically about Kennedy and apparently is a 2-3 week medial. Will absolutely take that.

Huge challenges ahead but the season is still alive and we are back playing much better footy.

Last edited by MPH78 on Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:50 pm 
Geoff Southby

Fenwick Snap wrote:

Makes perfect sense Fen . Well explained .

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:52 pm 
John James

Special mention to Fogarty. He always looked like a top-up in previous seasons with no obvious weapons, but since breaking into the team again, he's shown some real nouse and firepower. (I had a sense he wasn't going to be denied that goal, however he got it.) I don't know if it's been fitness, confidence, experience, a lack of a clear role... I hope he can build from here.

I'm on the Jack bandwagon, and not coz of his lineage. Yes, he's always looked banged-up and fringe and maybe a little lost but stuffed if I want to see him will another team across the line in a big final instead of us. Apart from his passion, he has a good footy brain and a utility's ability to play big and small, back and forward. He has his own x-factor - not anything like a Charlie C, but some x nonetheless. Stick with him.

Saad - his finesse and timing, not just his speed, are top notch and game-saving. Sorry for stating what must be obvious.

Relative newbies like Cincotta and Boyd are slotting in nicely - stability has been a problem for us.

Our pillars, with apols to others at the furnace (mixed metaphors for sale): Weitering - what a gun, finding his best form and damn near irreplaceable; Cripps or Walsh - having one firing is crucial, both at the same time makes all the difference for our finals prospects; and Charlie or Harry - same principle, we're lucky to have a spare if the other's not firing, but when they're both on song, just get it down there (not from the clouds though, please).

Happy.

'Upset' win next week please. You can do it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:03 pm 
John James

All right...I'll add Cerra to my 'pillar' list (a recent addition).

One pillar at the back, two at the front, and three in the middle.

Six crucial pillars - no more. I'm turning into 'some kind of Spanish inquisition'.

Go Blues.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:12 pm 
John James

MPH78 wrote:
Sensational day at the footy. Pleasure to be there watching us play like that. Great team footy, great pressure, great intensity, great physicality. That Martin bump :smoking:

Not long ago I was broken, completely broken. THAT patch pushed me beyond my limits. Had a detailed discussion with the club and couldn’t go through with my membership cancellation. I guess when you bleed blue you bleed blue.

Was lucky enough to get my son and daughter in to the rooms after the game. Great pics with multiple players and even Vossy. Made their year.

Briefly spoke with Brian Cook. I asked specifically about Kennedy and apparently is a 2-3 week medial. Will absolutely take that.

Huge challenges ahead but the season is still alive and we are back playing much better footy.

Seems the team felt your pain. I think we might all have to take turns at threatening cancellation during slumps (just short of microwaving our cards). :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:50 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Optus stadium is our fortress.

Should rename it Optus Oval.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:56 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Quote:
All that with Darcy having 58 hitouts, with more than 20 listed as being to the advantage of his teammates.
The final clearance count was 42-35 in favour of the Blues.

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/13776 ... voss-blues

We are hunting rather than being hunted and huint thereafter if we are not attacking; that's how I see it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:19 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

MPH78 wrote:

Like you, and all of us, so glad it all worked out well, and you're staying with us.
Truth is, the Navy BLue Army is growing as is the quality of our list after being left a long way behind with a vicious list cut.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next