Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:09 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:40 pm 
Ken Hunter

Another Sunday game.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:45 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

We seem to be doing better on Sundays than we were Friday nights

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:48 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

rhino27 wrote:
We seem to be doing better on Sundays than we were Friday nights

Consistent with generally doing better with the pressure off - eg season over

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:50 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Yeah. You may have a point but I'm not ready to call the season. Next 2 games will be huge in that regard.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:11 pm 
Rod Ashman

I’ll grant you if we win the next two games, we’re still in the hunt. (Pretty big if, to win either of them let alone both though…)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:17 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

It is going to be a big ask and I know we've played 2 below average teams, but the boys look like they're enjoying themselves again. On paper I believe we are good enough to win next two. It's largely between the ears that will determine if we do.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:31 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

After the Freo game you can all relax and stop thinking about finals.

We won't beat Freo

Bubble will pop next Sunday

Hopefully then Voss will stop playing Ed Curnow and will give the likes of Dow and Binns a go

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:09 pm 
Harry Vallence

rhino27 wrote:
Yeah. You may have a point but I'm not ready to call the season. Next 2 games will be huge in that regard.

Same. If we are any good we should beat Freo and Port are due for a loss. I was there today and it was hard to work out how good we were or how bad they were. I did like our pressure and run though

One thing we do need especially if TDK goes is get a good ruckman. Our midfield needs it. A Toby Nankervis or Sean Darcy type would make us so much better

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:18 pm 
Harry Vallence

I expect

Cottrell in for Ed Curnow
If TDK and/or Pittonet fit, then Young and/or Jack out

Binns played well again in the 2's and must be close and Cowan must be pushing Cincotta for a spot

I'd play Dow but the MC won't

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:30 pm 
Rod Ashman

Weitering to miss?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:36 pm 
Rod Ashman

I believe Dow has facial fractures. Not sure what that means in terms of time out but sounds like he wouldn't be back this week even if the MC were hypnotised into wanting him to play.

The positive, compared with our win over West Coast, is that we've now had two of these wins in a row, separated by a bye-week during which I imagine we would have been pracitsing this style of play so it is more deeply embedded than when we beat WC. AND, Gold Coast were in good form before we played them, and Hawthorn has played some pretty good footy recently too.

Freo has played good and bad footy this season. We've probably been on a similar journey this season in terms of underperforming teams who were expected to be amongst it in September. Us worse than them.
They will be tough to beat in Perth. Good test for us. I also think its a good time for us to go on a road trip, again to consolidate the style of play and the team cohesiveness after a couple of wins.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:38 pm 
Craig Bradley

FarmerBlue wrote:
I expect

Binns played well again in the 2's and must be close and Cowan must be pushing Cincotta for a spot

Cottrell should come straight back in & Motlop would be a chance as well.

If Cowan does come in, it’ll be because the mix has changed. Schultz, Switkowski, Walters & Frederick can make it very hard to clear the ball. I like the idea of Boyd more than his output, so that might be where Binns gets a look in. Not so much as a back pocket, but in the reshuffle.

Whichever way the MC go, that's where the key battleground will be.

Vossy says both rucks were a test this week, so one of them might be right. In any case, Darcy’s dominance in the contest hasn’t translated into a superior clearance game.

Weitering shouldn’t have anything to worry about once the MRO does it’s review.

Huge game.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:37 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Freo have lost at home this year against North, Dogs and Tigers

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:52 pm 
Craig Bradley

jezzarules wrote:
Freo have lost at home this year against North, Dogs and Tigers

Despite the horror season we’ve had, Freo are only half a game ahead of us with percentage 8 lower. They’ve only won 1 of the last 4 which was against the scum, and have lost to GWS, tigers and dogs. Very winnable game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:33 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Admittedly haven't seen the Weiters incident but if the below interpretation of off ball incidents is accurate, he could be in trouble.

strikes off the ball usually graded intentional conduct under match review guidelines.

Also to note, such incidents are usually not classified as low impact, even if the actual impact was low.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:10 am 
Bruce Doull

Footage they showed after the game was inconclusive at best. From the blur-o-vision it looked like bit of push and shove, then the Hawks guy copped a harder one than he was expecting and went to ground.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:20 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Wojee wrote:
Footage they showed after the game was inconclusive at best. From the blur-o-vision it looked like bit of push and shove, then the Hawks guy copped a harder one than he was expecting and went to ground.

True. The trouble is the umpire (Nathan Williamson?) must have viewed the incident to report Weitering on the spot. Without any clear vision, his account of the incident may be the determining factor.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:37 pm 
Craig Bradley

Blue Vain wrote:
Wojee wrote:

True. The trouble is the umpire (Nathan Williamson?) must have viewed the incident to report Weitering on the spot. Without any clear vision, his account of the incident may be the determining factor.

Drop a couple ingots into the KC and fetch his Tibaldi.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:43 pm 
Bruce Doull

If we can contain Freo's small forwards we'll win. They are the only thing I'm worried about in this game

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:59 pm 
Bob Chitty

FarmerBlue wrote:
I expect

why would you bring in Cowan ... unless he is absolutely flying in the 2's .... Cincotta is doing nothing wrong at all, infact i think he has made a huge difference with our ball carry ..

I think our team balance is spot on at the moment, all over the ground.

Unless its a change for injury why would you drop anyone? Cottrel for Ed maybe, Young for Pittonet if he is fit ... but im not sure why we are so quick to change, what finally looks like a balances lined up.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next