Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:00 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:19 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Keithy wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Keithy wrote:
Sooner Voss and he’s match committee get sacked the better

Why are you worried about them so much Keithy?

Is someone you think should be selected, not getting selected?

Thus far, this season will be remembered by the numerous sitters missed by more than $2M worth of KPF's. Cost us 4-5 games. Not much more.

What has he achieved as a coach this is he’s 5 th year as a coach between us and Brisbane making finals only once
Teague currently has a better record then Voss with a lesser list that is what I am talking about and as for team selection you tell me why jsos and Ed are selected both have been poor all year even when playing in the VFL it seems their is no rewarding players who are performing weather they are good enough or not

I get your point, and agree to a degree, but Vossy's record 10 years ago with a team on the decline is a bit of a stretch.

SOS is in because TDK will be the sole ruck without him: hopefully Young is sub incase we need more height in the ruck.
I get Ed's selection. Ed- Hewett-Ed-what the diff? Who else is there other than Dow? Do you know if Dow may have issues to deal with?
Fogarty wont be with us next year, and he's in: such is the importance of trying to win every game. Its not the end of the world because of Ed's selection.

There's more to coaching a team and tactics than reliance on one Head Coach. There's so much going on in an AFL game that runs for 120 minutes for one man. Maybe his asistants have backed the wrong horse, but are still highly qualified and learning harsh lessons about our players.

I noticed you didnt lay any blame on KPF's Harry and Charlie, 3rd tall in TDK and SOS for missing easy shots to win us the game, and the 4 midgets who did fk all as small forwards. That's what we will be talking about at the end of the year. Last year it was injuries and this year was deflating misses for goal and a loss of confidence as the culprit for failure. Maybe not for you, but as I said there's more to it than Voss, Assistants, Ed and SOS. We are playing for our lives tomorrow.

Every forwardline needs its forwards to perform to win.
We have our best HF's Martin and Cuningham missing all year, and all other positions failing to impact the result.
Don't you see how the forward line has failed us thus far in 2023?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:14 pm 
Geoff Southby

Blue Vain wrote:
keogh wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Jonosc1 wrote:
I think we as members actually need an explanation on Dow.

What if he has significant mental health issues? What if his effort at training is disruptive or below the standard required? What if he isn't professional enough in his preparation?
Do you really want the club to make those aspects public to appease supporters at the expense of the players privacy or the opportunity to give him a chance elsewhere?

I'd love to see him get a full game but I understand there are personal aspects that can't be shared.

What about McGovern’s half arsed efforts but hey he gets a game
What Dow has showed in the limited he has gotten is enough to warrant another game whether it’s the sub or a full game
Joke

The point is most of us have no idea what's going on behind the scenes.
Obviously that doesn't include you. The way you quote everyones wage, obviously you've seen the books and know exactly what the players are paid. :razz:
But for the rest of us plebs, we have no idea what's going on in players lives unless they share it. Weitering losing most of his life savings as an example. It's not for the club to share the players life issues with the fans.

Knowing what an AFL player gets paid is a bit like the office affair.
Everyone knows what’s going on but unless you like to watch you don’t need to be in the bedroom to know what’s going on
Buddy was on a 10 million dollar contract
Everybody knows that even though it’s meant to be private
Maybe you don’t like me stating what roughly these blokes are on because it’s rather embarrassing
The Herald Sun reported the top 100 players salaries recently
As far as I know nobody is suing the paper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:44 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Hewett Honey and Young not playing reserves

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:44 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Dow is...

Wow.. 9 possies, 2 goals in the first quarter

Go Blues

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:10 pm 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
Keithy wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Keithy wrote:

Thus far, this season will be remembered by the numerous sitters missed by more than $2M worth of KPF's. Cost us 4-5 games. Not much more.

What has he achieved as a coach this is he’s 5 th year as a coach between us and Brisbane making finals only once
Teague currently has a better record then Voss with a lesser list that is what I am talking about and as for team selection you tell me why jsos and Ed are selected both have been poor all year even when playing in the VFL it seems their is no rewarding players who are performing weather they are good enough or not

I get your point, and agree to a degree, but Vossy's record 10 years ago with a team on the decline is a bit of a stretch.

SOS is in because TDK will be the sole ruck without him: hopefully Young is sub incase we need more height in the ruck.
I get Ed's selection. Ed- Hewett-Ed-what the diff? Who else is there other than Dow? Do you know if Dow may have issues to deal with?
Fogarty wont be with us next year, and he's in: such is the importance of trying to win every game. Its not the end of the world because of Ed's selection.

There's more to coaching a team and tactics than reliance on one Head Coach. There's so much going on in an AFL game that runs for 120 minutes for one man. Maybe his asistants have backed the wrong horse, but are still highly qualified and learning harsh lessons about our players.

I noticed you didnt lay any blame on KPF's Harry and Charlie, 3rd tall in TDK and SOS for missing easy shots to win us the game, and the 4 midgets who did fk all as small forwards. That's what we will be talking about at the end of the year. Last year it was injuries and this year was deflating misses for goal and a loss of confidence as the culprit for failure. Maybe not for you, but as I said there's more to it than Voss, Assistants, Ed and SOS. We are playing for our lives tomorrow.

We have our best HF's Martin and Cuningham missing all year, and all other positions failing to impact the result.

How do you think the KPFs felt when they had to wait an eternity for the ball to be chipped around allowing the opposition defenders to flood back. I reckon you’d be pretty fatigued after leading and have guys jump all over you constantly.

Or the midgets, trying to find space when there’s 20+ people congregating in their area.

A smart coach would have found ways to change all of that, but not our Vossy.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:56 pm 
Harry Vallence

My concern about our last win is it was another soft kill like against WCE.

Proves to me we have the talent but lack the structure. Tomorrow is a big day for many people at our club

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:01 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sources: Lewis Young will replace Tom De Koning in the side vs Hawthorn tomorrow, with TDK unable to overcome the knee knock he had been battling.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:31 pm 
Bruce Doull

Young first ruck with Silvagni as back up is disastrous

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:51 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

grrofunger wrote:
Young first ruck with Silvagni as back up is disastrous
It will get worse if they are there next week against Darcy and Jackson

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:17 pm 
Geoff Southby

Too much de donging

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:45 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

DesEnglish wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Keithy wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Keithy wrote:

How do you think the KPFs felt when they had to wait an eternity for the ball to be chipped around allowing the opposition defenders to flood back. I reckon you’d be pretty fatigued after leading and have guys jump all over you constantly.

Or the midgets, trying to find space when there’s 20+ people congregating in their area.

A smart coach would have found ways to change all of that, but not our Vossy.

I'm not making excuses for those misses when they actually had the ball. Boredom is not an excuse.
900K pa / 24 games = 375,000 a game. 10 kicks at goal = that's $37K per shot at goal.
Fk that if they are missing them from 25 and 35m out of goal, let alone costing us 4 points in 4 games= 16 points= 4th on the ladder.

Nah, sorry, no excuse. Those KPs have cost us.

The midgets aren't quick enough, nor savvy enough to look anything like the mosquitoe fleet. Face it, they aren't express speed.
Its not about Vossy. Its about the players List manager has given him, anbd the midgets are still undeveloped. They aren't to blame either.
They didnt produce week in week out.

Lets get back to the KPF's. FMD. How many easy shots at goal did they miss this year. thus far? Its not funny. There's no excuse.

If every player plays to win and almost kill to win each game and play their part, we can play Finals, still, and the KPFs may deliver.
Ball is in their court: week in week out. Fk boredom as an excuse.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:52 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sydney Blue wrote:
Sources: Lewis Young will replace Tom De Koning in the side vs Hawthorn tomorrow, with TDK unable to overcome the knee knock he had been battling.

Faaaaaaarararrrrararrararrrrrrrque

Pitto and TDK out the same round after a bye.

Come on Youngy, lets show them we have the mids to make this work. SOS knows what to expect.

We can do this.

Last game when Witts was dominating our mids attacked their ball receiver and away we went.
Make it happen Crippa, Doc, Walshy, Cerra, Kennedy, Ed....is a good mix

I look forward to Cuningham, Martin and Fogarty running through he midfield mix too. Hewett no doubt the sub.

Come on Bluesboys.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:22 pm 
Rod Ashman

Paddy Dow confirming in his run today why we have picked Ed-
Who needs a running midfielder with speed who kicks goals when we can have a tagger?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:48 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Only we could lose two players to injury during the bye

:roll:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:49 am 
Rod Ashman

Arnhem blues wrote:
Who needs a running midfielder with speed who kicks goals when we can have a tagger?

Does any other side in the competition play a straight up tagger?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:21 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Arnhem blues wrote:

Dow should be playing today.

Did nothing wrong in his AFL cameos, and yesterday's performance was something else.

He didnt just kick 3 good goals, one from outside 50, he also assisted in a few too.

Vossy, you are wrong to leave him out. I've seen enough. Dow has improved out of this world this year.

No way should Ed be in ahead of Dow today. Who will Ed tag? Sam Mitchell?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:38 am 
Geoff Southby

I forgot this game was even on. Quietly confident young can go ok in the ruck today if that's what happens

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:21 pm 
Robert Walls

keogh wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
keogh wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Jonosc1 wrote:
I think we as members actually need an explanation on Dow.

What if he has significant mental health issues? What if his effort at training is disruptive or below the standard required? What if he isn't professional enough in his preparation?
Do you really want the club to make those aspects public to appease supporters at the expense of the players privacy or the opportunity to give him a chance elsewhere?

I'd love to see him get a full game but I understand there are personal aspects that can't be shared.

What about McGovern’s half arsed efforts but hey he gets a game
What Dow has showed in the limited he has gotten is enough to warrant another game whether it’s the sub or a full game
Joke

The point is most of us have no idea what's going on behind the scenes.
Obviously that doesn't include you. The way you quote everyones wage, obviously you've seen the books and know exactly what the players are paid. :razz:
But for the rest of us plebs, we have no idea what's going on in players lives unless they share it. Weitering losing most of his life savings as an example. It's not for the club to share the players life issues with the fans.

Knowing what an AFL player gets paid is a bit like the office affair.
Everyone knows what’s going on but unless you like to watch you don’t need to be in the bedroom to know what’s going on
Buddy was on a 10 million dollar contract
Everybody knows that even though it’s meant to be private
Maybe you don’t like me stating what roughly these blokes are on because it’s rather embarrassing
The Herald Sun reported the top 100 players salaries recently
As far as I know nobody is suing the paper

The herald sun……of course…..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:27 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Any interest in this game?
No match thread?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:56 pm 
Rod Ashman

WOW wrote:
Rubbish inclusions

Ed Curnow again

Not sure what Voss is trying to achieve including Ed

Oh well, what do I know.

Don't care who they include. We win
But what would I know.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8