Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:52 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Its all about 2024
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:40 pm 
Craig Bradley

Lets face it it has been about 2024 for awhile now
I wouldnt sack the coach
We certainly got a lot of work to do
Not getting enough out of our good players Cripps H Charlie
Game plan needs remediation get some new coaches
However lost last 7 games by 30 points or less primarily because we cant kick for goal 6.15 and 6.16 come to mind buu obviously we butchee the ball
Win 3 of them like we should and you have 7.5 wins
Having said that I think we start working on 2024 draft and trade well
Finish as low as possible get another gun in the draft

Get games into cincotta boyd kemp
Give Binns a go
Bring Cowan back
If TDK wants to go get another first round pick
If SOS Mcgovern and fisher want out all trade em
Get everyone fit for a change

If we do it properly we get soft draw like Essendon* this year and hopefully make the 8 next year

Post subject: Re: Its all about 2024
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:57 pm 
Ken Hunter

Yep. There’s always next year!

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:58 pm 
Bruce Doull

Been saying it for 20 odd years

Sadistic

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:59 pm 
Ken Hunter

Make Cerra captain next year. Any of the old guard have a problem with that they can @#$%&! the @#$%&! off.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:01 pm 
Ken Hunter

GreatEx wrote:
Make Cerra captain next year. Any of the old guard have a problem with that they can @#$%&! the @#$%&! off.
Yep. The tail has wagged the dog for too long.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:20 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Not to bag you Frank, cos I totally get where you're coming from, but the finish as low as possible for a good draft pick statement is half the reason this club is where it's at. For far too long we asked for this to happen. Now losing is so engrained in the club it's become the cultural norm. Look at Hawthorn. They were expected to struggle to win a game this year. Who was going to get pick 1 and the prized kid? Instead they know how important creating a winning culture is. They've knocked off 2 of the top 8 in the last 3 weeks. There's nothing better to build belief than having wins like that.

The season is shot, yes. But building for 2024 starts with winning some games of football and starting to recover the belief in this group that has been shattered. I think we are underestimating the effect that the last 4 weeks of 2022 had, especially rounds 22 and 23. Shattering defeats can devastate the psyche of a team.
Look at what's happened to the Swans. And they were at a far higher level of performance than we were. Now that this run of losses has happened, the self doubts that lingered have become overwhelming.

The only way to create belief is to win games of football. Draft picks mean @#$%&! all

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:30 am 
Craig Bradley

Yes probably right Cranium and nothing better than winning games I agree
Most of the Dardews are now not attending because of terrible 7 week stint I will continue to do so hoping for a win
I want to see Kemp Cincotta Cowan Boyd Holland Binns develop
However we do need more talent and particularly speed and ball use getting an early pick might help that or help get a couple of early picks
Just trying to inject some positivity I do think a rebound is possible in 2024 if things go right for a change ie recruit well get game plan right get our squad fit and available and your right get some confidence into the group

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:45 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

blood the kids, binns, cowan, kemp, dow for the rest of the season. give cripps a month off to get right, then get him out there to smash it up and raise his trade value.

start looking for our next coach today. new list manager and fitness are needed too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:44 am 
Harry Vallence

Braithy wrote:
blood the kids, binns, cowan, kemp, dow for the rest of the season. give cripps a month off to get right, then get him out there to smash it up and raise his trade value.

start looking for our next coach today. new list manager and fitness are needed too.

Is Dow still a kid? I suppose you could argue he is based on his lack of physical development over a number of years

Agree, he should be given games in the starting 22

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:52 am 
Craig Bradley

At the very least play Dow so we dont get stockered :banghead: like last preseason at least get some draft pick for him if we let him go

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:58 am 
Harry Vallence

GreatEx wrote:

Good option

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:59 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

frank dardew wrote:
At the very least play Dow so we dont get stockered :banghead: like last preseason at least get some draft pick for him if we let him go

Reckon it's too late for that. If we don't get stockered, we'll get setterfieldered. Pretty much same same in my book.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:12 am 
Harry Vallence

I've been saying this for a while

Play Silvagni in defence
Honey as a HBF
Plowman as a win/HF
just to see if we can unearth a player

Binns Cowan need to play.
I'd play Mirkov as well
Cuningham Marchbank to see if they can stand up

My personal opinion is regardless of contract Curnow Fisher O'Brien Dow Marchbank Philp Honey Fogarty Plowman must go at years end
I'd also be happy to trade TDK McGovern & Cripps as we must address our issues around Picks and the Salary Cap

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:19 am 
John James

The_Cranium wrote:
Not to bag you Frank, cos I totally get where you're coming from, but the finish as low as possible for a good draft pick statement is half the reason this club is where it's at. For far too long we asked for this to happen. Now losing is so engrained in the club it's become the cultural norm. Look at Hawthorn. They were expected to struggle to win a game this year. Who was going to get pick 1 and the prized kid? Instead they know how important creating a winning culture is. They've knocked off 2 of the top 8 in the last 3 weeks. There's nothing better to build belief than having wins like that.

The season is shot, yes. But building for 2024 starts with winning some games of football and starting to recover the belief in this group that has been shattered. I think we are underestimating the effect that the last 4 weeks of 2022 had, especially rounds 22 and 23. Shattering defeats can devastate the psyche of a team.
Look at what's happened to the Swans. And they were at a far higher level of performance than we were. Now that this run of losses has happened, the self doubts that lingered have become overwhelming.

The only way to create belief is to win games of football. Draft picks mean @#$%&! all

you cite hawthorn. it’s widely recognised Hawks tanked as soon as Mitchell became head coach through trading some of their best players. which is exactly what OP discussed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:24 am 
John James

FarmerBlue wrote:
I've been saying this for a while

Play Silvagni in defence
Honey as a HBF
Plowman as a win/HF
just to see if we can unearth a player

Binns Cowan need to play.
I'd play Mirkov as well
Cuningham Marchbank to see if they can stand up

My personal opinion is regardless of contract Curnow Fisher O'Brien Dow Marchbank Philp Honey Fogarty Plowman must go at years end
I'd also be happy to trade TDK McGovern & Cripps as we must address our issues around Picks and the Salary Cap

we may have to pay a portion of the salary of players we trade still in contracts for over the odds money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:25 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

WOW wrote:
Braithy wrote:

Is Dow still a kid? I suppose you could argue he is based on his lack of physical development over a number of years

he's only 23.

physiologically males don't peak until 27. Im not saying he's him. But dane swan didn't start averaging 28+ disposals and being good until he was 28.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:08 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Braithy wrote:
WOW wrote:
Braithy wrote:

he's only 23.

physiologically males don't peak until 27. Im not saying he's him. But dane swan didn't start averaging 28+ disposals and being good until he was 28.

Maybe Paddy need to hit the piss (and other substances) a bit harder.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:33 pm 
Bruce Doull

and winning a Brownlow at 27 :lol:

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:46 pm 
Robert Walls

Rinse repeat rinse repeat.

Same shit every year.

Except last year where we shot ourselves in the foot in the last 2 games.

Drop Cripps.

We are giving players games based on reputation.

Move some players around the ground. Try something different for a change. It couldn’t be any worse than the vomit from the past 6 weeks.

And FFS Voss stop talking about your system which doesn’t exist except in your head. No one knows WTF it is.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:00 pm 
Craig Bradley

Whilst I agree winning is better going forward
Both Collingwood and Hawthorn did the win no games thing and got Pendelbury and Thomas and Roughead and franklin was in the era of priority but did set thrm up for future success