Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:57 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:51 pm 
Craig Bradley

Pros:

Moved the ball pretty well. Won the inside 50 count.
Cerra, Ed and Weiters.
Walsh and Acres are about our only players who seem to find the ball in space. Their ball use wasn't great.
Curnow was good, but his kicking was even worse.
Forward line looks more dangerous with Martin in the side.
Encouraging games from Boyd and Kemp. Best I've seen Kemp kick the ball.

Cons:

Inaccuracy and inability to get players free in forward 50. You're never going to win when you can only kick 6 goals a game. Opposition know they can play really attacking, because once they get to 7 goals, they've won the game.
Too slow.
Midfield beaten again.
Tackling insipid.
Umpiring was very poor. Lots of sock Essendon* goals from frees. Normally the hopeless team gets a little sympathy. But not yesterday.
Young, Cripps, Docherty, Kennedy, TDK, Motlop, McGovern.
I know it's hard when you're constantly losing. But getting a bit sick of Voss telling us 'we'll go to work on that'.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:52 pm 
Geoff Southby

kezza wrote:
I saw the vision on the news of the players being abused as they left the ground.
I understand supporters are upset and frustrated but that was way over the top.
It is a game of footy for goodness sake, no need for that rubbish.

Yeah , extremely low behaviour . We really deserve what we get . All families have arguments but you never take it out of the four walls . Fancy airing your dirty linen in public . It is worse than low actually .

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:56 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

There’s always the truckload of chicken manure outside Princes Park approach.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:19 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Mickstar wrote:
kezza wrote:
I saw the vision on the news of the players being abused as they left the ground.

Yeah , extremely low behaviour . We really deserve what we get . All families have arguments but you never take it out of the four walls . Fancy airing your dirty linen in public . It is worse than low actually .

Yep. I understand the frustration and I was as frustrated as anyone but you don't stand there behind a fence abusing players trying to make a hero of yourself. Telling Jack he's a disgrace to the family name etc.
Embarrassingly pathetic.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:26 pm 
Harry Vallence

Pro

It was good to see at least some change and focus on moving the ball quickly and being far more attacking than well any other time this season.
Cerra is a very good player despite some inconsistent form here and there, this kid can play.
Good to see a little more use of run and carry - especially looking for and using Saad more often.

Cons

Whilst its good to have a more attacking free flowing intent, you simply cannot have no or little forward structure in place to take advantage of it. How many long range hope for the best shots were taken from fast breaks, but noone to kick to in the forward line?

Not sure who does tackling drills, but all of our team basically cannot tackle well, if at all, or at least aroound the arms of the player with the ball so that they cannot get an effective handpass away to a running outside player. The druggies managed to do this numerous times and got multiple goals from it.

I know Motlop is young, but generally he has had zero impact. But he isn't alone there. Our small forwards have been fairly ineffective all round.

Cripps. I love him. But he looks cooked, injured, lost interest .... to name a few, maybe its a mixture of all of them. Nice of him to strongly voice not to question his motivation etc for this club, but you haven't shown it for a long long time. Words mean nothing. You are our captain. Show us u are and lead by example!

Goal Kicking x 100000000%. FFS. These are professional AFL footy players, and they miss, miss, miss and miss again... WTF!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:33 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

'if we kick straight we win' is so simplistic. So many of our shots were low percentage, high degree of difficulty. We make it so hard through all elements of our play.

The kicking for goal is abysmal though.

Like every other aspect of our game.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:42 pm 
Geoff Southby

Blue Vain wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
kezza wrote:

Yep. I understand the frustration and I was as frustrated as anyone but you don't stand there behind a fence abusing players trying to make a hero of yourself. Telling Jack he's a disgrace to the family name etc.
Embarrassingly pathetic.

I agree
They are having a go but simply not good enough
Unless we change our List strategy now we will be out of final 4 calculations for a while

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:22 pm 
Craig Bradley

CK95 wrote:
Braithy wrote:
how bad were TDK's hands last night?

3 or 4 V.easy marks dropped, and bcos of that the ball going back the other way. two directly led to goals in spots in the 1st & 2nd where we were dominating
Not to mention that stupid in the back free he gave away

Also he kept spoiling teammates in marking contests. Or maybe they were spoiling him. But that stuff last year about being the best teammate you can be doesn't seem particularly evident in how they're playing.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:26 pm 
Robert Walls

Rod Spooky Galt wrote:
Too many conditional players:
Cripps
Docherty
Saad
McKay
McGovern
Martin
Silvagni
TDK
Young

Agree with all except JSOS. May not be the most skilled but I can't question his endeavour for the whole game

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:32 pm 
Robert Walls

Effes wrote:
Cripps 19 CBAs

I present Exhibit A Your Honour

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:56 pm 
Bert Deacon

bluehammer wrote:
'if we kick straight we win' is so simplistic. So many of our shots were low percentage, high degree of difficulty. We make it so hard through all elements of our play.

The kicking for goal is abysmal though.

Like every other aspect of our game.

Yes, it goes deeper than just having a day off with the boot. I think Carlton's opening score of 1.5 came from5 shots outside the 50 (or 4 - I can't be sure).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:00 pm 
Bert Deacon

99prelim wrote:
Effes wrote:
Cripps 19 CBAs

I present Exhibit A Your Honour

And what is Exhibit A evidence for?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:19 pm 
Harry Vallence

North pushed Essendon* more so than we is and only got beat at the end by 6 points.

Wow where are we at?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:39 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Rod Waddell wrote:
North pushed Essendon** more so than we is and only got beat at the end by 6 points.

Wow where are we at?

We're bottom 3, Rod. On current play, there's no way we beat hawthorn. As it is, norf nearly beat us.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:11 pm 
Geoff Southby

Sorta competitive for large chunks of the game . Sorta . But Essendon* are a very young side and severely depleted with a swag of injuries . So , all in all it was another bad day at the office . Time is now to bring the youngsters in to see if they can cut it . At a minimum Kemp , Cowan , and Binns must play in the remaining games .

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:54 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sydney Blue wrote:
99prelim wrote:
Can I suggest Motlop spend more time at VFL level learning the craft of small forward

can I also suggest Motlop spend more time at home looking at footage of good small forwards

Can I also suggest Motlop spends less time on his f@#$%^&^& podcast
He is 19 FFS

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

That's OK if we are a developing team to have developing players learn their trade, but we have been after a Finals spot: top 8.
Our small forwards should be developing in the VFL.

Motlop does have a good first quarter when he's giving it his all, like a small forward, but then he runs out of gas.
A bit early for an AFL player to be running out of gas. This has been all year long except against the Eagles.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:36 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

FarmerBlue wrote:
WOW wrote:
99prelim wrote:
Can I suggest Motlop spend more time at VFL level learning the craft of small forward

can I also suggest Motlop spend more time at home looking at footage of good small forwards

Can I also suggest Motlop spends less time on his f@#$%^&^& podcast

Don't get me started on Motlop

Has literally done nothing for two years

How he gets picked every week is beyond me

The being young argument wore thin a long time ago

How would any young small forward go in our side?

Papley would be quicker and hussle to win the ball.
Rachele and Rankine would be quicker and bring some party tricks.
Lachie Schultz would be quicker and kick a goal or two
Liam Baker would be quicker and find a tackle or two and kick a goal
Bolton would be quicker and kick a goal or 3, and win a few midfield battles
Gresham, Butler and Higgins would be quicker and find a goal from a good tackle free
Charlie Cameron wiould be quicker and burn off opponents to score 3-5 goals
Weightman would be quicker, tackle harder adn snag a goal or two
Junior Rioli would be quicker, take a mark or two and klick a goal
Bedford would be quicker and kick a couple goals
Melb and Pies are loaded with faster smalls

Get the drift?

Motlop, Durdin, Owies and Fisher are not possessed with speed needed to survive in the AFL imo.
It has stood out since day 1.
Having said that Durdin did look bloody dangerous as a dfending small forward on day 1.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:39 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

carntheblues wrote:
CK95 wrote:
84k is a brilliant crowd for a team that's lost 6 on the trot. Well done to all the idiots who went along.

What % of the crowd did we have?

I was one, but don't consider myself an idiot, just enjoy going to watch the team play and hope for a good performance. If we'd kicked straight we would have won.

I would have gone if I was in Melbourne.
I gues I could have made the effort, and would have if the Blues were definetely going to give it a crack.
I thought they might, but I have builders on site renovating for a few weeks, and I dont trust them...the builders and the Blues.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:19 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mickstar wrote:
Sorta competitive for large chunks of the game . Sorta . But Essendon** are a very young side and severely depleted with a swag of injuries . So , all in all it was another bad day at the office . Time is now to bring the youngsters in to see if they can cut it . At a minimum Kemp , Cowan , and Binns must play in the remaining games .

8 months younger on average with average of 9 games less experience

Take Ed out and same as us

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:24 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Vain wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
kezza wrote:

Embarrassingly pathetic.

Syd Jackson has come out in support of the players.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/it- ... 5dg80.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next