Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:44 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:21 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

kezza wrote:
There are a couple of rumours on BF today.
One poster suggesting that as many as 15 players may request to be traded.
Mentions that there are some big offers on the table for some players so hope they are still there comes season end.
Basically there is a big division in the group, some don't think Voss can coach and want him gone.
Anyway, there is clearly something wrong with the club at the moment, just hope we don't implode.
Obviously these players wanting trades are knuckle heads. Have they ever watched the trade period it takes 2 weeks of pissing competitions to get one deal done do they seriously think that 15 will get completed

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:58 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Sydney Blue wrote:
Obviously these players wanting trades are knuckle heads. Have they ever watched the trade period it takes 2 weeks of pissing competitions to get one deal done do they seriously think that 15 will get completed

Yeah, but 10 of the 15 are probably Cuningham, Dow, Marchbank, Plowman, Fogarty, S.Durdin, Philp, McGovern, Newman and Silvagni - so does it really count?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:41 am 
Rod Ashman

BamBam7 wrote:
malbi wrote:
I think the problems started mid last year when the club encouraged members to call out "Woof" when Saad kicked the ball. The club got ahead of itself. We were going all right to that point and have been bad ever since.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
You're right. The noise we make as supporters has a profound impact on the performance of the players.

The "moo" has killed Cowan, too.

If we go to the game on Sunday and don't make a single sound, we beat * by 10 goals.

Think about it.
Cowan hasn't been playing for the last month. So that's not it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:40 am 
Ken Hands

malbi wrote:
BamBam7 wrote:
malbi wrote:
I think the problems started mid last year when the club encouraged members to call out "Woof" when Saad kicked the ball. The club got ahead of itself. We were going all right to that point and have been bad ever since.

You're right. The noise we make as supporters has a profound impact on the performance of the players.

The "moo" has killed Cowan, too.

If we go to the game on Sunday and don't make a single sound, we beat * by 10 goals.

Think about it.
Cowan hasn't been playing for the last month. So that's not it.

Exactly! We mooed too much.

Poor bloke still hasn't recovered.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:58 am 
Rod Ashman

To be honest, I’ve never been sold on this list. We’ve only nailed 1 draft since Malthouse left us a shambles and that was the first one. You can’t build a strong building with shit foundations.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:13 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

Sydney Blue wrote:
round 12 2021 Carlton 4 wins percentage of 94.5% - Carlton /Sayers announce a full external review of the football department and the club ultimately leading to the removal of Teague

2 years later

Round 12 2023 4 wins 1 draw percentage 95.07 %

apart from sacking Teague what came out of the review did they expect 2 years on we would be half a win and 0.57% better

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/10083 ... ard-update

OUCH

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:02 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Through tears, I’ve given my son permission to go for another team. Can’t do this to him any more.

I’m cancelling my membership tomorrow. Need to cut all ties to the club. Bring me nothing but heartache and despair.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:12 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Mick may be a toss bag but reckon his rear view mirror comment is spot on.

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/carlton- ... 946615.amp

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:42 pm 
Geoff Southby

Will the posters on this site who reckon we are good enough finally concede that

We arnt good enough

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:13 pm 
Bruce Doull

MPH78 wrote:
Through tears, I’ve given my son permission to go for another team. Can’t do this to him any more.

I’m cancelling my membership tomorrow. Need to cut all ties to the club. Bring me nothing but heartache and despair.
Flower man. I feel like I've ridden this terrible ride with you, hope he comes around.

It's a very hard sell at the moment. I had to bribe my kid with sugar

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:26 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

CK95 wrote:
MPH78 wrote:

Flower man. I feel like I've ridden this terrible ride with you, hope he comes around.

They were my tears and I was giving him permission. Stupid loyal bugger won’t listen.

I’m fully broken.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:57 am 
Rod Ashman

keogh wrote:
Will the posters on this site who reckon we are good enough finally concede that

We arnt good enough

Goo enough for what?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:24 am 
Wayne Johnston

carntheblues wrote:
keogh wrote:

We arnt good enough

Goo enough for what?

Good enough for keogh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:11 am 
Garry Crane

great email from MP and totally agree, but time has come to start again and start trading players and if we get what we want do the deal .

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:40 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I'm done. Email sent below to cancel my membership. All my Carlton clothes and gear (polos, jackets, hoodies, hats etc) removed from my wardrobe and archived. All memorabilia removed and put in storage. Unfollowed all social media and deleted apps on all devices.

Take care everyone.

---------

Dear Mr Brian Cook, Mr Luke Sayers, Mr Greg Williams, Mr Brad Lloyd & Mr Michael Voss

I refer to my email below sent to the club on 28th May.

I received a phone call from Darcy from member communications in response. While the call was appreciated, Darcy was really just gatekeeping for the Executive. My directive to Darcy was to forward my email, unedited, to Brian Cook and Luke Sayers. To date, I’ve had no response.

How are we going with rising to the challenge of making an impact finals? We are bottom four in year 8 of our rebuild. Bottom four. Clubs that have undertaken rebuilds many years after us are already moving past us. This is an indictment on all involved at the club since 2015 and prior.

By any measurement, the entire football program is an utter failure. What is being produced on game day is barely AFL level. There is maybe one team in the AFL we would beat playing the football we are at the moment and that is only a maybe.

I’ve come to the sad and sobering realisation that we are a sleeping giant that will never reawaken. We are destined to forever be perennial cellar dwellers.

The club has mentioned unity and stability. That has its place, if you have the absolute best people in the right roles who are performing at elite levels. We don’t have that. Far from it.

Like I said below, there is no more goodwill or patience left in the member and supporter base. Enough is enough.

I’m a rusted on, lifelong member and supporter who bleeds blue and you’ve lost me. I daresay there’ll be thousands more like me.

For my own good, I’m cutting all ties to the club. Through my own tears, I have given my son permission to follow another club. As a great parent, I can no longer ask him to endure another vicious cycle of ‘modern Carlton’. Another generation that will be lost to the club.

Please immediately cancel my membership and take me off all communications from the club.

----

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:01 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

MPH78 wrote:
CK95 wrote:
MPH78 wrote:

They were my tears and I was giving him permission. Stupid loyal bugger won’t listen.

I’m fully broken.

I admire your son.

My sons are the same.

Its our team. Love them for what they are.

If you cant control your emotions, and it hurts, I dont blame you for what you've decided is best for you.

I hope Cook and his team prove you wrong, and I bet they will too.

This is the year we needed to have: a reality check that not everything is right, and there's time to reset, and readjust our values.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:43 pm 
Rod Ashman

This Thread hasn't aged well.
We now have posters (me included) who are expecting us to play on the last Saturday in September 2023.
Such an incredible turnaround.
Keep enjoying the ride everyone.
Go Blues!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:26 pm 
Geoff Southby

:grin:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:39 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I was broken. Don’t think I was the only one. It was dire and all sorts of ugly. Did anyone predict this remarkable turnaround?

But as documented elsewhere I had a detailed discussion with ‘the club’ and ultimately didn’t go through with my cancellation.

Since then we haven’t lost a game.

You’re all welcome :razz: :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:48 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

MPH78 wrote:
I was broken. Don’t think I was the only one. It was dire and all sorts of ugly. Did anyone predict this remarkable turnaround?

But as documented elsewhere I had a detailed discussion with ‘the club’ and ultimately didn’t go through with my cancellation.

Since then we haven’t lost a game.

You’re all welcome :razz: :thumbsup:

How's your son coping?
How's his new team going?