Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:58 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:35 am 
Ken Hunter

how comfortable it feels to be back here again?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:42 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

124 goals for
134 goals against
10 goal differential its not a lot

If I take out the Adelaide and WC games as these were out riders
90 goals for
110 goals against

20 goals - 2 goals a game
Harry could have had 5 more easy
Charlies could have 4-5 more easy
Cripps 4 more easy
1 goal extra from Motlop fisher Durdin Owies and Jsos - thats 5
If Hewitt Cerra Walsh Hollands Cotrell Kennedy Obrien Acres had managed 5 goals in 10 games

the ledger would be square and a total different conversation would be happening

this is not about list , coaching , midfield spread - delivery into forward 50 this is about confidence and expectations on the players and their ability to cope with it

Question is how do you fix it

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:10 am 
Bruce Doull

As you've said before Syd we need a good sports psychologist. I'm not sure if we have anyone at the moment or who they are, but we could do worse than trying to get Emma Murray (Richmond)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:35 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

SurreyBlue wrote:
Like I said - if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy or whatever, call me what you like and say what you like. Just so others also didn’t get it the first time.

Ps. As if I didn’t know you’d be one of the firsts......

No idea with what you do for a living, but when analysing a businesses which is experiencing bleeding, it is easy to want to nuke the joint, write it off, or even have a fire sale, but those options come with a huge cost.

One must look at the things that are working (assets) because there's no gain by ignoring what you have, along with what you don't: gap analysis. In fact they are an important part to acknowledge and build from.

20 years ago, Ian Collins was going to hand over the keys. Today we have 90,000 members, no debt, elite facilities, a great brand, and that brand will grow and as it does it will wean itself off pokies....progress and security. I remember that dark period in 2002-3. I'm grateful we are not there.

If you look at how quick teams can turn things around, its not the end of the world for Carlton, and we will build on the positives, (glass half full) and we will be around long after we are gone.

We have been losing by 4-5 goals, 3 against Demons, so we are one goal a quarter down. That's nothing for a team who is not kicking goals, and learning a new game plan. And if the game plan is stuffed, we get another one, and the draft trading will continue to get better and build on what we have.

We have a spine: Weitering, Young, Cripps, Charlie, Harry. Everyone knows we have these assetts hence why the whole footy world is surprised by the predicament we find ourselves in.

Yeah, I want Premierships, but more important is wins during the 24 H & A weeks of footy, like the first half of last year. Oh what a feeling that was. Same group and coach this year, but something hasnt gone right. We need to work that part out as much as what is working. Its easier to find the things that are working coz no one knows exactly what has gone wrong.

The Empire will strike back. Wont be this year, but it will happen.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:38 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sydney Blue wrote:
124 goals for
134 goals against

90 goals for
110 goals against

Cripps 4 more easy
If Hewitt Cerra Walsh Hollands Cotrell Kennedy Obrien Acres had managed 5 goals in 10 games

the ledger would be square and a total different conversation would be happening

this is not about list , coaching , midfield spread - delivery into forward 50 this is about confidence and expectations on the players and their ability to cope with it

That's the point Sydney Blue. You've been nailing it in your posts.
We are not that far off.

The coaching panel is trying to fix it. They know the spotlights, and with that, the heat is on them.

The biggest issue for most is that the season has slipped away, or at least slipping away from us.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:08 am 
Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
124 goals for
134 goals against

90 goals for
110 goals against

Cripps 4 more easy

That's the point Sydney Blue. You've been nailing it in your posts.
We are not that far off.

The coaching panel is trying to fix it. They know the spotlights, and with that, the heat is on them.

The biggest issue for most is that the season has slipped away, or at least slipping away from us.

I really appreciate these two posts because they make me stop and think. And yeah, on those stats you're right, we aren't that far off. But on the eye test we are just awful. I hope we can turn it round in some way after the break.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:36 pm 
Craig Bradley

dannyboy wrote:
how comfortable it feels to be back here again?

Quote:
Hello darkness, my old friend, I've come to talk with you again...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:28 pm 
Ken Hunter

bondiblue wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Like I said - if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy or whatever, call me what you like and say what you like. Just so others also didn’t get it the first time.

No idea with what you do for a living, but when analysing a businesses which is experiencing bleeding, it is easy to want to nuke the joint, write it off, or even have a fire sale, but those options come with a huge cost.

One must look at the things that are working (assets) because there's no gain by ignoring what you have, along with what you don't: gap analysis. In fact they are an important part to acknowledge and build from.

20 years ago, Ian Collins was going to hand over the keys. Today we have 90,000 members, no debt, elite facilities, a great brand, and that brand will grow and as it does it will wean itself off pokies....progress and security. I remember that dark period in 2002-3. I'm grateful we are not there.

If you look at how quick teams can turn things around, its not the end of the world for Carlton, and we will build on the positives, (glass half full) and we will be around long after we are gone.

We have been losing by 4-5 goals, 3 against Demons, so we are one goal a quarter down. That's nothing for a team who is not kicking goals, and learning a new game plan. And if the game plan is stuffed, we get another one, and the draft trading will continue to get better and build on what we have.

We have a spine: Weitering, Young, Cripps, Charlie, Harry. Everyone knows we have these assetts hence why the whole footy world is surprised by the predicament we find ourselves in.

Yeah, I want Premierships, but more important is wins during the 24 H & A weeks of footy, like the first half of last year. Oh what a feeling that was. Same group and coach this year, but something hasnt gone right. We need to work that part out as much as what is working. Its easier to find the things that are working coz no one knows exactly what has gone wrong.

I'm not sure how you got any of the above from what I wrote in this thread 'positives for 2023'.

Just to add another point I raised in my post - rumors surfacing today regarding players wanting to jump ship!!! I'm sure the positive will be, if they don't want to be here, they can go, right???

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:05 pm 
Ken Hunter

We don’t have KFC as a major sponsor.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:17 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

SurreyBlue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

I'm not sure how you got any of the above from what I wrote in this thread 'positives for 2023'.

Just to add another point I raised in my post - rumors surfacing today regarding players wanting to jump ship!!! I'm sure the positive will be, if they don't want to be here, they can go, right???

Sorry Surrey, I got the impression you thought looking for positives during the predicament we are in, were putting us in lala land; too warm and fuzzy to think about. Maybe I got it wrong. Not the first time. But I get how serious the scne can be set.

I think, you want to see results, not fuzzy talk. I get it. But I'm presenting a reason to have a positive thread, that's all. Not really about you TBH, more the side of half full, and there's light at the end of this tunnel.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:13 pm 
Harry Vallence

Carlton Respects
AFLW
Orange socks
Any other social issues we are involved in

Blah blah blah

We’ve lost our way. We focus on anything but what is core reason for existing - winning football matches

Mickstar mentioned “rattling tins”. No need we got Mathieson’s pokies… oh wait..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:07 am 
Bob Chitty

Good analysis from two of our Sydney based brothers.
In the first half against Swans we were so close to clicking.
In the second half against Dees we did everything but score.
Our unmet expectations for this season are painful!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:30 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

BigGartos wrote:
Good analysis from two of our Sydney based brothers.
In the first half against Swans we were so close to clicking.
In the second half against Dees we did everything but score.
Our unmet expectations for this season are painful!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Cheers Bro :thumbsup: