Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:54 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:43 pm 
Craig Bradley

Just saw on Twitter post from Carlton about how good it is to have Cunningham Marchbank and Martin playing together in the vfl

Talk about Tim ear 20 minutes ago we went to 14 th on the ladder
One of the reasons for us being 14 is that we have players like these 3 who NEVER are fit and take up room in our salary cap so we can’t improve the list
Talk about infuriating supporters SHUT UP with this bullying until you win a bloody game

This isn’t even a good smokescreen just frustrates fans further

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:15 pm 
Geoff Southby

frank dardew wrote:
Just saw on Twitter post from Carlton about how good it is to have Cunningham Marchbank and Martin playing together in the vfl

One of the reasons for us being 14 is that we have players like these 3 who NEVER are fit and take up room in our salary cap so we can’t improve the list
Talk about infuriating supporters SHUT UP with this bullying until you win a bloody game

Good ? its better than good , its a miracle . But yes , the less said the better . Silence is golden .

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:33 pm 
Bruce Doull

It's right up there with hearing the coach (& to a lesser extent supporters) say that the effort was there. That's bare minimum.

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:43 pm 
Ken Hunter

Bullying lol.

The club should put out a tweet saying WE ARE DOOMED, that'll help!

Having Cuners and Martin fit for first team action would be a huge boost, we should be cautiously encouraged by their weekend efforts.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:32 pm 
Craig Bradley

Auto correct X I will give you credit for your optimism and you are easily pleased

How many games do you think Martin Cunningham and Marchbank will play in the next 12 weeks

I wonder how many calf injuries between them in the next 12

Yes and if the club did say we were doomed or be more realistic and honest with their supporters maybe there would be less frustration in the stands but if you like the smoke and mirrors all power to you X

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:12 pm 
Ken Hunter

Well it's kind of like dannyboy said, we should as a club be about helping people grow and prosper, not just "flags or @#$%&! off", so in that spirit surely it is good that they're trying to generate a bit of optimism about these 3 guys, I mean I'm sure they're more upset than anyone that their careers have been so sporadic, maybe it gives them a boost to see the fans excited about their return? If it doesn't work out they'll be gone at the end of the season (or next season for JM, not sure of his contract), so what is there to lose? In answer to your question, I reckon they'll manage between 6 and 8 senior games between them. A terrible ROI but better than nothing.

Sorry about the auto correct gotcha , I thought you'd gone soft for a minute there :beer:

Last edited by GreatEx on Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:19 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

To be honest I feel pretty bad for the poor 55k social media kid who has to put out this sort of stuff.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:23 pm 
Ken Hunter

I'm at the point where I don’t care anymore. Seriously haven’t been able to watch any games after the train wreck on Friday. This club has NFI what it means or how to be successful. I’m convinced it doesn’t feel the hurt the supporters do.

Last edited by SurreyBlue on Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:05 pm 
Craig Bradley

I’m generally positive but last 6 weeks are a train wreck and soul destroying 14th for such a squad is abysmal
I’m excited about Kemp Hollands and hopefully Binns I want to be excited about Charlie and H kicking goals and want to see whether Motlop Cincotta and Boyd become AFL players
I’m excited by the development of Cerra

What I can get excited about is guys that continually never get on the park take up salary cap room make it difficult to get our list in order and stymie the development of young players because they clog our list

Cunningham Marchbank McGovern Philp Martin McGovern and Williams are meretricious you can maybe have 2 of these on your list 6 is ridiculous and detrimental to good list management

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:31 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Talk about Tim ear 20 minutes... WTF???

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:33 pm 
Craig Bradley

Tin ear Paddy autocorrect

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:53 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Heavs wrote:
To be honest I feel pretty bad for the poor 55k social media kid who has to put out this sort of stuff.
:thumbsup:

Go Blues

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:05 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

frank dardew wrote:

It would be very good if these players were ever available in the AFL - if they can all play 4 games of VFL in a row I’m all for giving them a chance at AFL level.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:19 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

We are kicking 6 goals a game and the social media person generally only tweets when we score goals. That’s a helluva lot of downtime for them.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:28 pm 
Geoff Southby

MPH78 wrote:
We are kicking 6 goals a game and the social media person generally only tweets when we score goals. That’s a helluva lot of downtime for them.

Reckon it would be better if they conserved there energy .

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:53 am 
Ken Hunter

billc3 wrote:
Heavs wrote:

Go Blues

I feel bad for people who pay attention to the socials and get wound up by them. No offence to 90% of TC...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:05 am 
Geoff Southby

GreatEx wrote:
billc3 wrote:
Heavs wrote:

Go Blues

I feel bad for people who pay attention to the socials and get wound up by them. No offence to 90% of TC...

Bit rough GX ..................... no offence taken .

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:17 am 
Harry Vallence

Happened to be in the area and walked in to watch a quarter on Saturday and believe me, none of those 3 (and most senior listed players) did anything to warrant selection at AFL level.

The only one worthy of getting a game in the seniors is Binns.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:41 am 
Craig Bradley

I think it was more a crack at me Mick rather than you so don’t worry yourself

My view still remains the more vacuous crap that the club puts out that doesn’t deal with our real issues admit the season is terrible the more disgruntled the base is and the less inclined a number of people are likely to sign up next year

Moreover Traveller has also belled the cat in that seeing the 3 live none of them were much good goes also to the credibility of the initial post and the club is feeding the chooks

X can have his view doesn’t phase me

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:27 pm 
Ken Hunter

Not really having a crack at you personally Frank, just saying no one should get worked up about social media, it is 99.9% vacuous noise and generally poor for mental health. But if we are going to discuss the content of the tweet in earnest, I don't see how saying "good news, X and Y are back on the field after a lengthy injury absence" is in any way suggesting they're ready to return to seniors next week and blow the asterisks off the page. It's just... a tiny ray of sunshine amidst the gloom, you know? Why fight it?