Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:53 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:25 pm 
Bruce Doull

Didn't some indigenous elders curse us after Elliot said something untoward years ago? Vaguely recall it discussed in TBV days

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:29 pm 
Garry Crane

during the week i made a comment that if Jsos comes in and plays ruck ,Voss should be seriously looked at well what more can u say ,if voss and co did not learn from pies game there is aproblem.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:32 pm 
Bruce Doull

jpulice1969 wrote:
during the week i made a comment that if Jsos comes in and plays ruck ,Voss should be seriously looked at well what more can u say ,if voss and co did not learn from pies game there is aproblem.

Yep, should not have brought in Fisher either.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:47 pm 
Laurie Kerr

CK95 wrote:
Didn't some indigenous elders curse us after Elliot said something untoward years ago? Vaguely recall it discussed in TBV days

Yes you are right. My dad told me that years ago. We are cured.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:48 pm 
Laurie Kerr

supercoach wrote:
CK95 wrote:

Yes you are right. My dad told me that years ago. We are cured.

We might need Eddie betts to get rid of the curse

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:49 pm 
Rod Ashman

We're cured and cooked :banghead:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:18 pm 
Garry Crane

bluehammer wrote:
mymanmurph wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
mymanmurph wrote:
We cheated the rebuild by overpaying for players that haven’t preformed.
Would these players be in any top 4 team on the money we are paying them?
Martin ,Williams ,Gov, Saad ,Lesser extent Cerra

Hawthorn Richmond Geelong didn’t recruit players until they were competitive already.
Clubs are successful when you draft a player and they succeed on lower income with more money to spread.

Positives
Kemp looks like a player he’s played 10 games and our Defense is under extreme pressure week in week our we must play him the rest of the season.
Dow looked ok our midfield looked better with him out there he played 34% for 9 disposals at 78%.he wants/wanted to stay at the club we wouldn’t have to pay him the world. Crazy not to Give him 5+games in this system.

Can’t agree ‘we cheated the rebuild’. We have depth and talent. The list isn’t the issue.

I just gave my opinion on it. Not sure we have the depth we think we have.
We have some top end talent. We do not have the depth, and we do not have a group of player that instinctively know where their team mates are going to be.

We have dumb footballers and we have a dumb or ill communicated gameplan that no on is capable of adapting to.

Not sure SOS was big on footy IQ in his recruitment strategy :donk:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:58 pm 
Craig Bradley

Pros:

Tried pretty hard.
Finally won centre clearances.
Harry. Great to see him kick a few early. Could have kicked a bag, if he didn't spray them later on.
Weiters, Acres and Cerra were good.
Cripps and Cerra were decent. TDK also.
Kemp and Cincotta showed a bit.
Good second half from Cottrell.
We look better with Young as our 2nd ruck.
Nice to hear the supporters encouraging Dow.

Cons:

Can't score. Can't win. Margin probably flattered us, due to opposition inaccuracy.
Team is completely bereft of confidence. We've become close to unwatchable. Ball movement forward is glacial. Opposition locks down on Saad, and apart from McGovern we can't move the ball with pace or precision.
Missed handballs, missed tackles, missed uncontested marks.
Owies, Motlop, Fisher, Walsh, Docherty, LOB, SOJ, Dow, Charlie.
And can anyone tell me why Saad keeps running past teammates on the right side?

Last edited by Stefchook on Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:04 pm 
Craig Bradley

dannyboy wrote:
I can't help but think it all goes back to leg speed...while we built for contest the game shifted and its about speed and covering a lot of ground quickly - we have so few players who can do that and none of our best ones.

I agree that this is a big part of the problem. We're one of the slowest teams in the competition. And last year we could play attacking footy, but not defensive. This year we play defensive footy, but not attacking. I wonder if we simply lack the pace to do both with any effectiveness.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:06 pm 
Craig Bradley

bluehammer wrote:
Also, we are timid. So timid.

Cotterell gets hit in the head and no one... NO ONE comes in from anywhere.

So damn timid.

Yeah, that concerned me. I think all the confidence has gone and with it any level of aggression.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:12 pm 
Craig Bradley

bondiblue wrote:
Bombing it to the square I get, when theres a pack, top of the square and smalls ready to pounce.

Except our smalls never crumb the ball. Owies is our best third tall forward (even though he's slow and undersized). Fisher is a decent link player, but doesn't seem to find the ball otherwise. I think Motlop probably wins the ball in similar ways to Owies. But it's been a while, and I can't actually remember how he gets it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:25 pm 
Craig Bradley

Yes never get a crumbing goal -Motlop very occasionally gets one but that’s about it
He has been poor recently and much less accurate
Owies too slow not enough tricks
Let’s face it it is Harry or Charlie or bust
No medium forward since Andrew Walker
No small forward pressure since Eddie Jeffy
I think Motlop and Durdin might be ok but we still have an obsession with hbf and paying for it

Boyd Williams docherty Cincotta Saad Cowan Newman

Team been disadvantaged by underwhelming performance both in terms of injury and output by Martin who should be the clever half forward who can take a mark and kick a mercurial goal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:45 pm 
Geoff Southby

The first ten minutes of the game said everything to me . Two things . Harry was on , and May had already got in Charles head . So the obvious thing to do is park Harry in the goal square by himself and to tell everyone else to clear out . And the other obvious move was to get Charlie to run around and get an easy touch to click him into gear . So So obvious what had to be done . Not a thing , not a friggin thing . They say Voss needs support with some tactical nous . I say if you haven't got tactical nous then you haven't got anything . Tactics is the very core of Coaching . I am a massive Voss fan and was wrapped when he got the gig . But after last night i am very concerned . The bloke continually ignores the obvious . Over and over . That was putrid coaching last night . I am now officially sitting on the fence Coach wise .

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:22 pm 
Ken Hunter

Mickstar wrote:
The first ten minutes of the game said everything to me . Two things . Harry was on , and May had already got in Charles head . So the obvious thing to do is park Harry in the goal square by himself and to tell everyone else to clear out . And the other obvious move was to get Charlie to run around and get an easy touch to click him into gear . So So obvious what had to be done . Not a thing , not a friggin thing . They say Voss needs support with some tactical nous . I say if you haven't got tactical nous then you haven't got anything . Tactics is the very core of Coaching . I am a massive Voss fan and was wrapped when he got the gig . But after last night i am very concerned . The bloke continually ignores the obvious . Over and over . That was putrid coaching last night . I am now officially sitting on the fence Coach wise .

:clap:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:27 pm 
Ken Hunter

frank dardew wrote:
Yes never get a crumbing goal -Motlop very occasionally gets one but that’s about it
He has been poor recently and much less accurate
Owies too slow not enough tricks
Let’s face it it is Harry or Charlie or bust
No medium forward since Andrew Walker
No small forward pressure since Eddie Jeffy
I think Motlop and Durdin might be ok but we still have an obsession with hbf and paying for it

Boyd Williams docherty Cincotta Saad Cowan Newman

Team been disadvantaged by underwhelming performance both in terms of injury and output by Martin who should be the clever half forward who can take a mark and kick a mercurial goal

Martin and Williams are big losses and probably didn’t realise how big.
They aren’t both just skilled but they also make things happen by bringing others into play.
I would have loved to have seen Williams play half forward or wing right now, but I would doubt our coaches have such an imagination. Anyway need t get them back first.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:35 pm 
Craig Bradley

Hi Mick feel your pain but can’t put it all down to the coach playing group need to take some accountability
We don’t work hard enough spreading how many broken tackles last night

How many blocks do you see for team mates

Cotterell gets felled No one remonstrates
Petracca yapping at everyone all night the only bloke that had a crack at him was Kemp

Senior leaders/stars apart from Weitering and H MIA
Saad Walsh Charlie Cripps all terrible last night

Only 4 players on the list over the season can claim they are playing better than last year Newman Cerra Charlie and kemp -not enough organic growth

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:48 pm 
Ken Hunter

No doubt Frank but this where a statement or statements at the selection table needed to be made a month a go. I see Port omitted their captain this week. See culture - standards set!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:07 pm 
Craig Bradley

Yep agreed Surrey can’t believe it’s taken so long to get Dow in after midfield struggled for last 7 weeks
Binns needs a turn
Hollands needed a rest too and should have been rested 3 weeks before he got injured

Fisher was dropped far too late so in my view was JSOS -both playing a lot worse than last year

Ed Curnow should also have been dropped earlier too -great soldier Ed but team can’t be going well if he is in 23

Dropping Kemp the other week was absolutely stupid in my view

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:09 pm 
Geoff Southby

frank dardew wrote:
Hi Mick feel your pain but can’t put it all down to the coach playing group need to take some accountability
We don’t work hard enough spreading how many broken tackles last night

How many blocks do you see for team mates

Cotterell gets felled No one remonstrates
Petracca yapping at everyone all night the only bloke that had a crack at him was Kemp

Senior leaders/stars apart from Weitering and H MIA
Saad Walsh Charlie Cripps all terrible last night

Only 4 players on the list over the season can claim they are playing better than last year Newman Cerra Charlie and kemp -not enough organic growth

Hello Frank . You are pure wisdom Frank and i gotta say i lap up everything you have to say . Agree you can't blame everything on the Coach . But it is the Coach that sets the tone . It eventually all goes back to the Coach eventually . Like i have said many times Frank i am a massive Voss fan and was thrilled when he got the gig . And i still haven't given him away but i am getting very concerned , Voss is on notice from now on for me . I will be watching his every move like a hawk . He is auditioning for his job for the rest of the season for mine . He either has what it takes or he hasn't . All this support stuff and new assistants is complete and utter frogshit . He himself is the man . Its Voss or nothing . As the year unravels we will see if he's the one . No way known will i be giving him unqualified support . No way . I love Vossie and want him to turn it around . But if it is obvious he can't cut it we move onto the next bloke .We owe Voss nothing and blind loyalty to the bloke is ridiculous . Nah Frank , i am sick of our Club continually stuffing thinks up . Unfortunately i am the end of of my tether with ineptness over and over .

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:21 pm 
Craig Bradley

Hi Mick
Agree with you I have been very frustrated for the last 7 weeks
The coaching does need improving and game plan from last year that the coach suggested needed layers has been varied so we lose all benefits we had last year but get none of the advantages being sought
My view has always been that with this list we aren’t top 4 but should make finals
The game plan doesnt seem to maximise the skills of our best players
Your more patient than I My tipping point was actually the Dogs game
I haven’t yet seen us win live this year

I went last night not expecting to win thought it would be another regulation 20 point loss and it was so didn’t get so upset
Treating it now as a development year that’s why I was thrilled with Kemp last night
Whole club needs to get more hard nosed and professional -our injury management is ordinary
The efforts of our squad are ordinary players not strong enough and hungry enough
Yes coaching treat needs to take a good hard look at itself
Planning in preseason terrible

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next