Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:26 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 345 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:03 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Dodo27 wrote:
Carlton Fans are going to be very Sad & Sorry tonight.....

Don't expect Big things from Dow if he takes the field. The Guy is a Gun at VFL but is just not good enough at AFL Level.

He has been tried so many times before and he failed miserably. Not a Single AFL Game he played had any sort of impact. Averaging 10-15 disposals for an inside Mid is Poor, plus he lacks Speed and is a Turnover king.

Unless of course he has finally matured and is ready to Crack it at the top Level ( Doubt it )

i thought one of the things dow brought with him was speed? run and breakaway speed, hence the whole paddy wow bit?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:05 pm 
John Nicholls

Braithy wrote:
Dodo27 wrote:

Don't expect Big things from Dow if he takes the field. The Guy is a Gun at VFL but is just not good enough at AFL Level.

He has been tried so many times before and he failed miserably. Not a Single AFL Game he played had any sort of impact. Averaging 10-15 disposals for an inside Mid is Poor, plus he lacks Speed and is a Turnover king.

Unless of course he has finally matured and is ready to Crack it at the top Level ( Doubt it )

i thought one of the things dow brought with him was speed? run and breakaway speed, hence the whole paddy wow bit?

yeah but he runs away from the ball

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:06 pm 
Harry Vallence

robertbb wrote:
$5k dodo?

On US to win?

I'm not sure whether to acknowledge the size of your stones or direct you to gamblers help...

LOL, 5K is me being very reserved and wary. been doing it for 25 Years, doesn't happen over night...You build it up over the years :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:16 pm 
Harry Vallence

robertbb wrote:
Braithy wrote:
Dodo27 wrote:

yeah but he runs away from the ball

Can't remmember ever seeing him Run. He is good at dishing out handballs at Fast Speeds and he can find the footy but does nothing with it ( often Turn-overs)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:24 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Dodo, just for the record, so there is no misunderstanding here, you actually think we will win tonight?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:24 pm 
Rod Ashman

I can just see it:
- Dow named as Sub
- One of our inside mids goes down half way through 2nd qtr
- We don’t use the sub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:27 pm 
Harry Vallence

Paddycripps wrote:
Dodo, just for the record, so there is no misunderstanding here, you actually think we will win tonight?

I don't think we can Win but we will lol

Logic says we will lose as usual by 5 Goals. The inside bookies and punters are saying otherwise....SO I believe we will win

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:28 pm 
Harry Vallence

I'm going to the MCG tonight out of loyalty, to support the boys, GO BLUES!!!

Blue is the colour, Blue is our colourful conversation, football is the game, talking carlton is our aim, we're all together, we're all together, winning is our aim, arguing is a pain, let's debate for gain. .. .!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:33 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Dodo27 wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

I don't think we can Win but we will lol

Logic says we will lose as usual by 5 Goals. The inside bookies and punters are saying otherwise....SO I believe we will win

Great, thanks.

Love the WISE GUYS money.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:39 pm 
Harry Vallence

Reading this blokes' post, I'm not at all convinced he knows what 5k is.

Got a betting slip to post up?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:49 pm 
Ken Hunter

I thought he meant $5...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:59 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Rod Spooky Galt wrote:

I can never understand betting on your own team. If you get beaten you get pissed off twice over.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:14 pm 
Harry Vallence

Heavs wrote:
Rod Spooky Galt wrote:

I can never understand betting on your own team. If you get beaten you get pissed off twice over.

I put $50 on us at the line and I feel like Ive done myself in.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:27 pm 
Robert Walls

Rod Spooky Galt wrote:

Maybe he means 5,000 cents? :?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:31 pm 
Geoff Southby

Dodo27 wrote:
Mil Hanna wrote:
Dodo27 wrote:

Is that you Vossy??

I wish Vossy would have the balls to just Say it as I have above, without the Sugar Coating he is been saying all year lol

Dow + Obrien in one team = Turnover Party. All invited LOL

I am going to ask my bookmaker if they can create a Bet on the Turn over numbers for those 2 players hahaha

This :lol:
You clearly haven't been watching us all year.
Acres is at 41 clangers already, nearly averaging 4 a game.
Only bloke ahead of him is Cripps with 43.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:31 pm 
John Nicholls

Dodo27 wrote:
robertbb wrote:
$5k dodo?

On US to win?

I'm not sure whether to acknowledge the size of your stones or direct you to gamblers help...

LOL, 5K is me being very reserved and wary. been doing it for 25 Years, doesn't happen over night...You build it up over the years :)

If that's you in your profile pic it needs updating, you look about 27 there so you've been on the door list at the Mahogany room since you were like, what, two years old?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:38 pm 
Rod Ashman

Dodo27 wrote:

Dow has not played a game this year. Last year he was marked down for 4 games. However, 3 of those games he was sub and 2 of those 3 games he never got onto the field.

So, you can't judge him on last year except for the fact that he won the B&F in the Reserves. This year he would clearly be leading the B&F for the Reserves.

We are losing badly. We need changes. He more than deserves an opportunity.

If he is indeed sub I hope he comes on and wins us the game.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:43 pm 
Craig Bradley

Well said

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:51 pm 
Robert Walls

malbi wrote:
Dodo27 wrote:

Dow has not played a game this year. Last year he was marked down for 4 games. However, 3 of those games he was sub and 2 of those 3 games he never got onto the field.

So, you can't judge him on last year except for the fact that he won the B&F in the Reserves. This year he would clearly be leading the B&F for the Reserves.

We are losing badly. We need changes. He more than deserves an opportunity.

If he is indeed sub I hope he comes on and wins us the game.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Now wouldn't that be something! :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:57 pm 
Harry Vallence

Dow might be more than a sub , there's Rumours that Docherty may be a late out and Dow into the 22.
We shall find out very soon

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 345 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next