Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:05 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 345 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 1:50 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

sinbagger wrote:
billc3 wrote:
Dow in to play off half back... Defensive role on Melksham

Go Blues!

He’ll take Kennedy’s position at full back.
Kennedy to relief ruck

Go Blues

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 4:35 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I'm sure the genius coach will find a way to not play Dow.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 5:10 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Even Crap teams find Wins here & there...

Hawks beat Saints even though they couldn't kick straight.....

Freo beat the Demons. Oh NOOOOOOOO, this only means one thing: They will belt us next week- 80+

We cry out for Dow to be brought back and when he is brought back, he does nothing......Same old Story!

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 6:22 pm 
Ken Hunter

Cerra suspended for a week.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 6:30 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

kezza wrote:
Cerra suspended for a week.

At least Ed Curnow didn't get cited as some were fearing. I think there is a role for Ed this week - probably on Viney.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 6:31 pm 
Harry Vallence

B Kemp Weitering Cincotta
HB Saad Marchbank Boyd
C Acres Walsh Cottrell
HF McGovern McKay Owies
F Motlop Curnow Durdin
R Pittonet Docherty Kennedy
INT Curnow, Binns, O'Brien, TDK

In: Marchbank, Cincotta, Curnow, Binns, O'Brien
Out: Newman, Hollands, Cerra, Cripps, Hewett

The five forced changes seem pretty straightforward to me.

Marchbank did well on Fritsch last time. Cottrell back to Langdon. Doc gets one last crack at midfield as the cupboard is bare.

We had Silvagni play a decoy role on Lever that worked really well - given JSOS played back in the twos I doubt they'd play him there again but hopefully play Gov forward for a similar role.

The third tall/resting ruck role is less clear to me. Ideally you either:

- drop TDK, play Harry as the second ruck
- drop Harry, play TDK as the second forward, bring Young or JSOS in to relief ruck/third tall.
- drop TDK, bring Young/JSOS in to relief ruck/third tall.

Given the amount of forced changes, I suspect they'll persevere with TDK as the third tall and Harry to get his shit together, which does no-one any favours given TDK offers nothing so far as lead up target/decoy target. Grundy/Gawn also probably factors into that. Are we a bit short down back with Van Rooyen/McDonald/Fritsch?

No idea what you do as the sub, Fogarty/Dow/Honey/Fisher left over. Fisher I guess?

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 6:32 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

AGRO wrote:
Channel 7 - have their work cut out pumping up this Friday Night special

Not really - just tell viewers they risk missing the biggest win and/or score in AFL/VFL history.

(Carlton the victor of course)

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 10:15 pm 
Geoff Southby

Its the season of upsets . Its our turn against the Dees . There forward line is worst than ours .

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 10:18 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Mickstar wrote:
Its the season of upsets . Its our turn against the Dees . There forward line is worst than ours .

That's not possible

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 10:26 pm 
Geoff Southby

Paddycripps wrote:
Mickstar wrote:

That's not possible

Did you watch there game today ?

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 10:40 pm 
Craig Bradley

Let’s get beaten by 20-28 points again just to show we can lose to good and crap sides by the same amount play stodgy football and not take our opportunities
and be completely impotent so that the minute we get 3 goals down the game is gone

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 11:06 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

Rod Spooky Galt wrote:
B Kemp Weitering Cincotta
HB Saad Marchbank Boyd
C Acres Walsh Cottrell
HF McGovern McKay Owies
F Motlop Curnow Durdin
R Pittonet Docherty Kennedy
INT Curnow, Binns, O'Brien, TDK

In: Marchbank, Cincotta, Curnow, Binns, O'Brien
Out: Newman, Hollands, Cerra, Cripps, Hewett

The five forced changes seem pretty straightforward to me.

Marchbank did well on Fritsch last time. Cottrell back to Langdon. Doc gets one last crack at midfield as the cupboard is bare. We had Silvagni play a decoy role on Lever that worked really well - given JSOS played back in the twos I doubt they'd play him there again but hopefully play Gov forward for a similar role.

The third tall/resting ruck role is less clear to me. Ideally you either:

- drop TDK, play Harry as the second ruck
- drop Harry, play TDK as the second forward, bring Young or JSOS in to relief ruck/third tall.
- drop TDK, bring Young/JSOS in to relief ruck/third tall.

Given the amount of forced changes, I suspect they'll persevere with TDK as the third tall and Harry to get his shit together, which does no-one any favours given TDK offers nothing so far as lead up target/decoy target. Grundy/Gawn also probably factors into that. Are we a bit short down back with Van Rooyen/McDonald/Fritsch?

No idea what you do as the sub, Fogarty/Dow/Honey/Fisher left over. Fisher I guess?

Don't know why you say Doc for "one last cracK" at midfield I think he is great value for us there, the only thing he is also the general of defence. I think with Boyd Cincotta and Saad we can at least try to do without him down back. Not sure Marchbank is ready to come back into the firsts yet, but keen for him to get there. Rest of the ins I have no problem with, but Dow seems to have his papers stamped. If Cerra Cripps and Hewett are all out and he still doesn't get picked then I think the writing is very clearly on the wall. It is his ball use and lack of defensive running that keeps him out - he gets enough ball and has a burst of acceleration we could use. O'Brien is a tease but he has tools namely run and the ability to kick the ball albeit not as consistent with that as we would hope. One could argue for Fisher instead based on his game this week and Fogarty for consistent effort. Perhaps Silvagni as a jack of all trades who could run with Petracca, play forward or back and relieve in the ruck if need be. That might depend on what we do with our Ruck options. Ruling out Mirkov and O'Keeffe as not ready we are left with Pittonet and TDK as rucks, Young as a ruck height player but essentially KD who can play forward and/or take a run in the ruck and Jack as an undersized relief ruck option. Then there is the suggestion of giving Harry a run in the ruck to try and get him away from his goal kicking yips. Not a bad idea in my view. Pittonet and TDK are both in the team and did enough to stay in as far as I am concerned. Young is out and didn't do enough to come in. JSOS wasn't great in the 2s but has that versatility on his side.

Personally I'd be telling Harry he has a new role this week - either KD or KF/relief ruck whichever he prefers. If he says KD play TDK forward if he says relief ruck play TDK down back and see how he goes. I am not one of those who says just because his brother is a gun KD TDK would be too, indeed I am a bit sceptical, but we may as well give it a shot if the option is either Weitering giving away huge height or Young being recalled.

The five forced changes will probably save him, but for mine I'd give little Durds a run in the 2s, drop Acres and Motlop to the bench with the message that next stop is the 2s and give Fogarty a chance as sub. So my team looks like this

BOYD de KONING CINCOTTA
KEMP WEITERING SAAD
FISHER E CURNOW COTTRELL
OWIES C CURNOW WALSH
McKAY McGOVERN BINNS
PITTONET SILVAGNI DOCHERTY
ACRES DOW KENNEDY MOTLOP / FOGARTY

TDK (or Harry) on resting ruck, Kemp on Fritsch, Ed on Viney, Cottrell on Langdon, Walsh pushing into midfield, Charlie and Harry switching between half forward and full forward lines, when at half forward push hard up the ground opening up space for McGovern to lead into and the other of them to stay close to goal. JSOS to shadow Petracca. Dow 7th mid. Acres relief mid and defence. Kennedy relief mid and forward (when Pittonet rests on the bench) Motlop relief forward. Binns and Motlop could be given some bursts in the middle too as needed.

Anyway, low hopes for this game but that brings with it the freedom to try some different things.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 12:45 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Kennedy won't play this week.
Go back and take a look at the mark he took in the 3rd quarter. He was crunched and was sitting on bench with track top on.
Only came back on due to injuries to Hewett Cripps Holland and Newman

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 7:11 am 
Harry Vallence

Sydney Blue wrote:
Kennedy won't play this week.
Go back and take a look at the mark he took in the 3rd quarter. He was crunched and was sitting on bench with track top on.
Only came back on due to injuries to Hewett Cripps Holland and Newman

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

so... cerra suspended, hewett in la la land, kennedy injured, question mark over cripps.....

is carroll injured? if not, does he come into the midfield? sos in the midfield as well? i know he is treacle, but he has determination

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 7:46 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I suggest we rest any sore players and have a red hot go at Essendon* the following week.
The season is gone but putting a dent in the Bombers final hopes would be very satisfying.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 7:59 am 
Ken Hunter

Humpers wrote:
I suggest we rest any sore players and have a red hot go at Essendon** the following week.
The season is gone but putting a dent in the Bombers final hopes would be very satisfying.
Happy with that idea.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 8:40 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Humpers wrote:
I suggest we rest any sore players and have a red hot go at Essendon** the following week.

And again that’s what we’re reduced to, to get any satisfaction in a football season a one if win against Essendon- we’ve been living off that for 20 years.

It’s not enough.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 9:34 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Exactly.

All I wanted for years was 2 wins over Essendon*.

I still hate them but I need more in my life.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 9:46 am 
Ken Hunter

we play them four times a year instead of 2?

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 10:18 am 
Geoff Southby

AGRO wrote:
Humpers wrote:
I suggest we rest any sore players and have a red hot go at Essendon*** the following week.

And again that’s what we’re reduced to, to get any satisfaction in a football season a one if win against Essendon- we’ve been living off that for 20 years.

It’s not enough.

Spot on . Its the AFL not the VFL of a bygone era . We have a lot of enemies now , not just Pies and Dons . Until we let go of the past and focus on the brave new world we will go nowhere .

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 345 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next