Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:52 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 1:59 pm 
Geoff Southby

Collingwood are playing better than any side in the comp at the moment by a mile . They didn't blow us out of the water did they . We in fact were very competitive for large chunks of the game . So as far as i'm concerned we are very much alive for the fight for a finals berth . If Sidebottom laughing at you doesn't steel your resolve for the remainder of the season nothing will . Like i said , Collingwood are the best side in the comp at the moment with the emphasis on " at the moment ". Things can change pretty quickly in football and form is a fickle thing so brace yourself players for the run home . Its highly gettable a spot in the eight coz a lot of sides are spluttering this season not just us . Faith and belief is all that is required ..................... Go Blues , never let anyone laugh at you . I would put on replay that smug drop punt giggling . Over and over . Don't know about you blokes but i can cop our Club being ridiculed but in know shape or form can i cop our Club being laughed at .

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 2:12 pm 
Harry Vallence

bluedog wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
Voss said we focussed on Daicos so we had to let Moore do his thing.

……..Couldn’t possibly counter both

Pretty weak from Voss, here...

That's not what he said.

He essentially said "if you stop one, there's another that pops up". I interpreted it as the whack-a-mole approach doesn't work, and we need to be better as collective across the field and not just worry about the individual.

Which I don't disagree with - that's been Carlton's issue for 20 years, focusing on the individual rather than the collective.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 2:31 pm 
Robert Walls

Mickstar wrote:
Collingwood are playing better than any side in the comp at the moment by a mile . They didn't blow us out of the water did they . We in fact were very competitive for large chunks of the game . So as far as i'm concerned we are very much alive for the fight for a finals berth . If Sidebottom laughing at you doesn't steel your resolve for the remainder of the season nothing will . Like i said , Collingwood are the best side in the comp at the moment with the emphasis on " at the moment ". Things can change pretty quickly in football and form is a fickle thing so brace yourself players for the run home . Its highly gettable a spot in the eight coz a lot of sides are spluttering this season not just us . Faith and belief is all that is required ..................... Go Blues , never let anyone laugh at you . I would put on replay that smug drop punt giggling . Over and over . Don't know about you blokes but i can cop our Club being ridiculed but in know shape or form can i cop our Club being laughed at .

I suspect the coaching panel won't reference the mocking at all this week. Everything but that.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 2:39 pm 
Geoff Southby

Traveller86 wrote:
bluedog wrote:
grrofunger wrote:

That's not what he said.

He essentially said "if you stop one, there's another that pops up". I interpreted it as the whack-a-mole approach doesn't work, and we need to be better as collective across the field and not just worry about the individual.

Which I don't disagree with - that's been Carlton's issue for 20 years, focusing on the individual rather than the collective.

Thats exactly what he said Trav . Team defence is what Voss is talking about . And everyone has to buy in all the time . For a slow side like ours it is a good plan . Too many are dropping off which exposes the whole side . And by the way , for those having a crack at our lesser lights have a look at some of the disposal of two of the leaders in Doc and Walsh . Talk about close your eyes and kick the shit out of it . And also the talk of comparing the Captaincy of Sticks to Crippa . Sticks was the Captain of a team of Captains . He had a multitude of leaders on every line . Who has Cripps got ? faark all is what Cripps's got . Weitering , Walsh , and Doc need to start getting around the team and start geeing them up . Don't they like Cripps ? instead of bagging Cripps and want to ship him off what about getting around him . Cripps gets bashed up every week . Ridiculous the attention he gets . What about a few going in to lend him a hand . Fly the flag .

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 2:46 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Traveller86 wrote:
bluedog wrote:
grrofunger wrote:

That's not what he said.

I agree with you Trav.

Funny how words can be interpreted in many ways.

I agree with Vossy and Doc re the defensive side of the game ie team defence is where we sucked. They kicked goals too easily in the first quarter.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 2:50 pm 
Harry Vallence

We copped 85 points from a side who didn't leave second gear - defence is as much as a problem as our attack!

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 2:52 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mickstar wrote:

Right on.

We were beaten by the team I expected to win: the best team in the comp.

A few defensive lapses and bang bang bang, we leaked 5 goals.

We will turn this around. How and when is the question. I still believe we can get this right and play hard for a Finals berth.

The teams in the 8 now, Crows, Saints have to keep winning, and that's not going to be easy. The teams like us outside the 8 are not going to keep winning either, Effendopes, Freo, Sydney. We have games ahead of us with all the abovementioned teams, except Crows. Our future is in our hands.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 2:55 pm 
Geoff Southby

Traveller86 wrote:
We copped 85 points from a side who didn't leave second gear - defence is as much as a problem as our attack!

I agree, while I agree on a team defence it is starting to appear that is the only focus.
Sometimes the best defence tactic is kicking goals and having the ball in hand controlling the play, at least it is much more exciting to watch anyway.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 2:59 pm 
Bruce Doull

Anyone got a link to the video of sidebottom having a laugh?

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 3:17 pm 
Craig Bradley

Sydney Blue wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
I am waiting for BV to enter the frame.
Highly critical of Harry's game on Moore a few years back I am expecting the exact same criticism of Charles.
Moore game on Charlie eclipse anything he did on Harry.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

I don't think we can be too critical of the tall forwards.

The delivery all year has been putrid, and Charlie is still leading the Coleman.

Harry kicked much better yesterday. If I am critical of anything it is he still doesn't work hard enough in the air in one on one's.

But by and large, I thought those 2 were quite good given the game style is diabolically bad.

Maybe they didn't execute a plan in terms of dragging Moore away but I wouldn't know that.
Oh no we can be critical.
If you are a forward you need to defend as well as attack and if you are not in a position to mark the ball you need to at least halve the contest and bring it to ground.

I agree with this. Charlie's a fantastic player, but he is a serial offender. He either marks it, or his opponent does. He doesn't seem to believe in spoiling his opponent. Maybe he just assumes he'll always take the mark, and that's the problem.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 4:53 pm 
Bruce Doull

CK95 wrote:
Anyone got a link to the video of sidebottom having a laugh?

https://twitter.com/FOXFOOTY/status/1660194675997970434

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 4:54 pm 
Bruce Doull

Ta wojee

Maybe sidebottom was laughing because he simply walked out the wrong door?

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 5:01 pm 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:

Right on.

We were beaten by the team I expected to win: the best team in the comp.

A few defensive lapses and bang bang bang, we leaked 5 goals.

We will turn this around. How and when is the question. I still believe we can get this right and play hard for a Finals berth.

The teams in the 8 now, Crows, Saints have to keep winning, and that's not going to be easy. The teams like us outside the 8 are not going to keep winning either, Effendopes, Freo, Sydney. We have games ahead of us with all the abovementioned teams, except Crows. Our future is in our hands.

And right on to you Bondi . Helluva lot of water to run under the bridge yet . And its rough water . Lot of improvement in our side i reckon . Lot of those sides who are performing at the moment are playing out of there skins . We are not half way yet and to chuck in the towel at this stage is pathetic . I reckon the towel checkers are the same ones who booed the players . Fancy booing your own team . Anybody who does that needs a punch in the head ................... our side is not beyond criticism i agree . Shit , i do it myself sometimes . Booing your side is like bagging a family member in public . All families have rifts but you never take it outside the family home . You keep it in-house . Never air your dirty linen in public . We can have our bless amongst ourselves but when we are out in the public its a united front always . But time some of them booers took a look at themselves and see how it reflects on our GREAT CLUB . Disgrace yourselves if you will but don't drag our mighty club down .

The Carlton Football Club ................... Now , Always , Forever .

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 5:04 pm 
Ken Hands

Not sure what all the fuss was about.

Sidebum was borderline respectful towards us. How else was he supposed to explain what happened?

I'd have been laughing too.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 6:28 pm 
Harry Vallence

I was laughing for the majority of the game lol

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 11:38 pm 
Craig Bradley

A lot of our players seemed to be slipping over at costly moments.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 8:21 am 
Bob Chitty

Over the years, it's never just been a few big things that stuff us up.
It usually a combination of way too many smaller things: inopportune slips, a handball to the feet, a kick that sits on someone's head, a missed gettable goal, a missed shepherd.
Usually there's an unhelpful umpiring decision in there but this week we did ok.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 10:02 am 
Wayne Johnston

Stefchook wrote:
A lot of our players seemed to be slipping over at costly moments.

I noticed that early. Young , H and Jsos.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 7:20 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Just out of curiosity, what time was Darcy Cameron named as a late change? If they had named him on Thursday night would we have played two rucks? Are Sydney going to have Ladhams as an out then include him late so we don't fly the two rucks up to Sydney?

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 9:04 pm 
Bruce Comben

Hey the MVP thread is still not up for this game

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next