Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:49 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 8:18 pm 
Garry Crane

daggs001 wrote:
99prelim wrote:
Same confused, disinterested rabble I've seen for many weeks

In 2018-2021 when Bolton and Teague had lost the players, we'd lose by 60+

Our list is so much better now that it's about 15-30 points

I know Agro mentioned it as well but I will go to my grave believing something apart from our list is the problem

It is not a happy locker room

I read somewhere that Voss lost the players at Bris because he continually played favourites...that makes for an unhappy and distracted work place...output suffers as a result

Well the captain has hardly touched it since his mate got banished to the reserves. The remonstrating with the coach on the sidelines wasn't a good look. We will see that replayed all week.

What happened on the sideline ?

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 8:23 pm 
Harry Vallence

mymanmurph wrote:
daggs001 wrote:
99prelim wrote:

I know Agro mentioned it as well but I will go to my grave believing something apart from our list is the problem

I read somewhere that Voss lost the players at Bris because he continually played favourites...that makes for an unhappy and distracted work place...output suffers as a result

Well the captain has hardly touched it since his mate got banished to the reserves. The remonstrating with the coach on the sidelines wasn't a good look. We will see that replayed all week.

https://twitter.com/foxfooty/status/166 ... rngsfuboXg

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 8:30 pm 
Bob Chitty

Pretty average day at the footy as it’s been all year
I’m at the point of acceptance - acceptance that we’re a poor side and I can’t see that turning around in the short term
Our half forwards are diabolically bad across the list. We had 3 goalkickers today and it’s been the same 3 blokes all year that look remotely likely kicking a goal
We can point the blame solely at x, y and z but it’s a host of interrelated factors - the players aren’t confident, our skill execution is terrible, we don’t have any decent half forwards, our game plan is inefficient, our assistant coaches below par, SOS’ recruiting of mids and smalls was diabolical. A long way back for this club. Beth demoralising

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 8:32 pm 
Ken Hunter

That footage of Voss and Cripps doesn't have a good feel. Seems that definitely not on the same page. That is ugly.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 8:36 pm 
Garry Crane

Traveller86 wrote:
mymanmurph wrote:
daggs001 wrote:
99prelim wrote:

https://twitter.com/foxfooty/status/166 ... rngsfuboXg

OH… not to sure what to think about that. I guess what it does show is that they aren’t on the same page…

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 8:37 pm 
Robert Walls

daggs001 wrote:
99prelim wrote:

Cripps is a cancer. He is sooooooooo immature as a leader and I DGAF who is bothered by those comments
He got his individual award last year...great, enjoy it!!!
Package him and his puerile tattooed mate to WC for their #1 pick (if they finish last)...I don't want anything else
Cripps has more of a destructive impact on that locker room than we think. Getting rid of him helps us enormously

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 8:38 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I didn’t see the game so not as scarred as the rest of you but I really don’t see what you’re seeing in that footage.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 8:38 pm 
Harry Vallence

Lol they’re not giving us pick 1 for Cripps unless you throw Harry or Charlie in there.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 8:40 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

london blue wrote:
Sat next to Pies CEO all game

Their perspective:
1) couldn’t believe how bad our execution is
2) and no connection
3) lack of ball pressure

Way too easy

Believe their heroes at Collingwood are the underestimated coaching assistants and suggest this is where Voss needs much greater support.

Good onya london for sharing.
For better news, tell us how good the food was at the Presidents lunch?
I saw you with Bettsy.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 8:42 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mil Hanna wrote:
cortez wrote:
Sadly, I wasn't the least bit upset at this result. Jumped early (no surprise there) Pies then drop it back a gear and hold us at arms length. We battle hard but execution and system let us down. Same old same old.

I don't know how much ball Cerra got, but gee his execution is often very ordinary. JSOS tries hard, but awful use of the ball, nearly got Cripps killed with one kick he dumped on his head. A liability in the ruck, must go for TDK.

Gov awful. Dow must get a run.

I only saw a quarter and a half of the VFL match, but as has been said, very similar "game plan". Bomb it long. Classic kick and hope bush football. This from a supposed professional football club.

It's deja vu all over again. Crap skills, crap game plan, crap recruiting.

Agree with most of what you have said, but not about Cerra - he's the least of our worries!

Today he had 33 disposals at 70% efficiency, which is pretty solid. Only 6 turnovers in total, which is only 18% of his disposals (not sure how they get 70% based on those numbers, perhaps the other 12% went to a contest?)

Actually, Docherty had a disposal efficiency of 77%, but had 10 turnovers from 34 disposals (29%), so something is not adding up here....

Regardless, I think you're off the mark with Cerra. He has been our most consistent this year and should be leading our BnF by some margin, with Charlie in 2nd.

:thumbsup:

I felt comfortable with the ball in Cerra's hand....

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 8:44 pm 
Harry Vallence

What a waste of a day.

The main thing that stood out to me was how many players we had finger pointing at teammates to pick up a man, while not being anywhere near one themselves. I reckon you'd find the fingers being pointed were asking blokes to cover their man while they went off chasing cheap kicks. Cripps, Newman, Saad, Docherty all at the same stoppages pointing fingers nowhere near a man. Meanwhile I barely saw a Collingwood player do it all game - Daicos was probably the only one and fair enough really.

Selections were bizarre on Thursday, and possibly even worse after the fact. Elevate Ed to the starting 22, OK, benefit of the doubt, there's a role in mind. There wasn't. 21 (6 contested) touches at an average of 13 metres gained per disposal with 70% efficiency, 7 pressure acts, 2 tackles, not a single one-percenter despite being on the ground for all but 15 minutes of the game.

Sub Holland off at half time for tactical reasons, two weeks running. Certainly wasn't form related, if it's fitness, we had almost a full complement of senior listed players in the reserves today instead?

Jordan Boyd looked short of a gallop to say the least, but possibly carrying such a big head would do that to peak Steve Moneghetti. I don't understand the unfounded arrogance from a bloke who has played eight fairly middling at best AFL games. The undisciplined play, the shit talk to players who've achieved a lot more. The sort of fella I suspect will leave "AFL player" on his Tinder bio months after Doutta Stars decide to spend their $2k match payments on a newly delisted AFL player instead.

Well and truly over Jack Silvagni. I'd go as far as to say the only reason he's in the team is because rusted-on nuffies care too much about players smiling and joking with the opposition after the game. Perhaps even speculate that he sells for the hard camera a bit in this regard, that he goes out of his way to really put on the OTT histronics when defending teammates, or looking sad after the game, because you don't drop "heart and soul" players. The only heart and soul aspect of his game is how often he rips them out because he's the least reliable set shot in the league. 33% career set shot conversion rate is woeful. 63% from set shots under 25m (worse than Levi Casboult). 10th season, horrible fundamentals, and the closest to a position he's nailed down is makeshift undersized second ruck.

Similar thoughts on Adam Saad. Third club, leaves every time he gets given duties he doesn't want to do, and what he does want to do isn't enough. Plenty of players who don't want to play on an opponent, do all the kick-ins, and run forward of the footy. I want to see a game from him where he sacrifices his own game for the betterment of the team. I know his best footy is running and creating through the middle, so does anyone who watches twenty minutes of footy a week. He's playing very one-dimensional footy and it's for selfish reasons.

I'm not sure Docherty is necessarily in our best 22 at the moment on form either. Another misleading stats sheet. 34 touches - 24 uncontested and still 10 turnovers. Less than 20 metres gained per possession. 8 CBAs for 1 centre clearance. Another finger pointer who doesn't play accountable footy, and at least he has the reason of being bloody woeful one out. If we were realistic - the midfield minutes are a waste, and we don't need another Saad chasing kick-in stats. He should play as a the defensive half-forward role Ed's failed to make any impact at.

I'd prefer to keep Voss and attempt to try and find some solidarity/consistency in the role rather than expose the list to yet another game plan/philosophy, but he really should be held accountable for having ruined Sam Walsh as an AFL footballer. Remember when he nearly won the Brownlow three years ago, and now just another Andrew McGrath clone racking up cheap kicks off halfback, because Voss's game around high half-forwards pressing up to the centre got unravelled about 8 weeks into last year? In fairness - 14 CBAs for 0 clearances if we're being consistent. Just a shell of his former self that shows no capacity to, and at times no interest on impacting the game.

I'd seriously consider playing Cripps as the backup ruck for the next few weeks. We're yet to find an answer to how to counter teams running off him, and given the makeup of our starting four at the centre bounces, we don't look to be that interested in solving it either. May as well try to counter by having the additional midfielder (and less inclined to squeeze out one of Walsh or Cerra onto a half-back flank), and trying to keep their ruckman accountable around the grounds instead. I don't think there was a clear winner in the De Goey match-up, but De Goey certainly outworked him today.

Back six had a wall-to-wall shocker today, which was really disappointing as I thought they had a really great game the week before. Too many piss-poor efforts against a team that just doesn't do piss-poor efforts, short steps, not going hard enough at a contest, second to the ball. Lewis Young, Mitch McGovern and Nic Newman wouldn't want to watch the replay as there's double figures in this regard from them. It set the tone in the first quarter that we didn't want it as much as Collingwood did. No physical presence from serial offenders is becoming a concern. I thought we set up relatively well in the back half, the ball use out of half back was marginally improved, but the effort was as bad as its been all year.

I think we'll beat Sydney and comfortably - they struggled massively with Hawkins and Cameron without the McCartin brothers and Rampe, and it will happen here too on a small ground where we should comfortably control the clearances. Wallpapering over the cracks doesn't even begin to describe it however.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 8:46 pm 
Laurie Kerr

GWS wrote:
I didn’t see the game so not as scarred as the rest of you but I really don’t see what you’re seeing in that footage.

Hard to tell without knowing what was said but Vossy seemed pretty pissed.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 8:48 pm 
Geoff Southby

That voss cripps footage is overrated. Regardless, in trouble. Bowl of pretzels within a foot of freakshow Goddard trouble

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 8:49 pm 
Geoff Southby

GWS wrote:
Completely agree

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 8:52 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

david31 wrote:
I’m at the point of acceptance - acceptance that we’re a poor side and I can’t see that turning around in the short term
Our half forwards are diabolically bad across the list. We had 3 goalkickers today and it’s been the same 3 blokes all year that look remotely likely kicking a goal
We can point the blame solely at x, y and z but it’s a host of interrelated factors - the players aren’t confident, our skill execution is terrible, we don’t have any decent half forwards, our game plan is inefficient, our assistant coaches below par, SOS’ recruiting of mids and smalls was diabolical. A long way back for this club. Beth demoralising

What's needed is someone to turn our list into a Top 4 side.

I'm hoping its Vossy.

After today I think:
Jack isnt working out.
2 baby small forwards are not ready for 4 quarter footy

Martin isnt worth $500K for 2 more years.
Gov should be tried as a 3rd target with a NEW game plan.
The entry into the forward line is not working.
Its not just about the number of F50 entries, there's quality to be factored.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 8:54 pm 
Harry Vallence

The Same thing happens again and again!! And its always the Same!

We lose the Game in the first 20 min and then spend all Game playing Catch up Football!

Voss has to be one of the dumbest Coaches running around. We got Destroyed by One Player because he marked everything that came his way and we kept bombing it to his advantage ( Moore).

Any Coach with half a Brain would have reacted quick and put a Tag on Moore or at least made someone run with him!

I don't know what those players do in preparation but week in week out, they come out half asleep and not prepared to go hard from the word GO. We are so sick of it!

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 8:57 pm 
Ken Hunter

GWS wrote:
Not seeing it either.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 9:01 pm 
Harry Vallence

Dodo27 wrote:
Voss has to be one of the dumbest Coaches running around. We got Destroyed by One Player because he marked everything that came his way and we kept bombing it to his advantage ( Moore).

Any Coach with half a Brain would have reacted quick and put a Tag on Moore or at least made someone run with him!

Yep, Vossy should totally have told Charlie to go to Darcy and told him to catch those footballs instead of just watching them sail 25m over his head.

Would have been a masterstroke.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 9:07 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
david31 wrote:

What's needed is someone to turn our list into a Top 4 side.

I'm hoping its Vossy.

After today I think:
Jack isnt working out.
2 baby small forwards are not ready for 4 quarter footy

Martin isnt worth $500K for 2 more years.
Gov should be tried as a 3rd target with a NEW game plan.
The entry into the forward line is not working.
It’s not just about the number of F50 entries, there's quality to be factored.

Can’t persist with JSOS, Motlop and Ed Curnow. Staggered a change hasn’t made to date.

Our forward line is diabolical.

Try McGovern up forward and get Martin back in. Nothing to lose and there is not much else. Pretty sad situation.

However, still doesn’t fix the fact we simply do not have enough run in this team. Basically means our list isn’t up to it and it ain’t happening this year.

I think we will finally realise that a reset is required and we need to get games into quality kids.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 9:07 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Rod Spooky Galt wrote:
What a waste of a day.

The main thing that stood out to me was how many players we had finger pointing at teammates to pick up a man, while not being anywhere near one themselves. I reckon you'd find the fingers being pointed were asking blokes to cover their man while they went off chasing cheap kicks. Cripps, Newman, Saad, Docherty all at the same stoppages pointing fingers nowhere near a man. Meanwhile I barely saw a Collingwood player do it all game - Daicos was probably the only one and fair enough really.

Selections were bizarre on Thursday, and possibly even worse after the fact. Elevate Ed to the starting 22, OK, benefit of the doubt, there's a role in mind. There wasn't. 21 (6 contested) touches at an average of 13 metres gained per disposal with 70% efficiency, 7 pressure acts, 2 tackles, not a single one-percenter despite being on the ground for all but 15 minutes of the game.

Sub Holland off at half time for tactical reasons, two weeks running. Certainly wasn't form related, if it's fitness, we had almost a full complement of senior listed players in the reserves today instead?

Jordan Boyd looked short of a gallop to say the least, but possibly carrying such a big head would do that to peak Steve Moneghetti. I don't understand the unfounded arrogance from a bloke who has played eight fairly middling at best AFL games. The undisciplined play, the shit talk to players who've achieved a lot more. The sort of fella I suspect will leave "AFL player" on his Tinder bio months after Doutta Stars decide to spend their $2k match payments on a newly delisted AFL player instead.

Well and truly over Jack Silvagni. I'd go as far as to say the only reason he's in the team is because rusted-on nuffies care too much about players smiling and joking with the opposition after the game. Perhaps even speculate that he sells for the hard camera a bit in this regard, that he goes out of his way to really put on the OTT histronics when defending teammates, or looking sad after the game, because you don't drop "heart and soul" players. The only heart and soul aspect of his game is how often he rips them out because he's the least reliable set shot in the league. 33% career set shot conversion rate is woeful. 63% from set shots under 25m (worse than Levi Casboult). 10th season, horrible fundamentals, and the closest to a position he's nailed down is makeshift undersized second ruck.

Similar thoughts on Adam Saad. Third club, leaves every time he gets given duties he doesn't want to do, and what he does want to do isn't enough. Plenty of players who don't want to play on an opponent, do all the kick-ins, and run forward of the footy. I want to see a game from him where he sacrifices his own game for the betterment of the team. I know his best footy is running and creating through the middle, so does anyone who watches twenty minutes of footy a week. He's playing very one-dimensional footy and it's for selfish reasons.

I'm not sure Docherty is necessarily in our best 22 at the moment on form either. Another misleading stats sheet. 34 touches - 24 uncontested and still 10 turnovers. Less than 20 metres gained per possession. 8 CBAs for 1 centre clearance. Another finger pointer who doesn't play accountable footy, and at least he has the reason of being bloody woeful one out. If we were realistic - the midfield minutes are a waste, and we don't need another Saad chasing kick-in stats. He should play as a the defensive half-forward role Ed's failed to make any impact at.

I'd prefer to keep Voss and attempt to try and find some solidarity/consistency in the role rather than expose the list to yet another game plan/philosophy, but he really should be held accountable for having ruined Sam Walsh as an AFL footballer. Remember when he nearly won the Brownlow three years ago, and now just another Andrew McGrath clone racking up cheap kicks off halfback, because Voss's game around high half-forwards pressing up to the centre got unravelled about 8 weeks into last year? In fairness - 14 CBAs for 0 clearances if we're being consistent. Just a shell of his former self that shows no capacity to, and at times no interest on impacting the game.

I'd seriously consider playing Cripps as the backup ruck for the next few weeks. We're yet to find an answer to how to counter teams running off him, and given the makeup of our starting four at the centre bounces, we don't look to be that interested in solving it either. May as well try to counter by having the additional midfielder (and less inclined to squeeze out one of Walsh or Cerra onto a half-back flank), and trying to keep their ruckman accountable around the grounds instead. I don't think there was a clear winner in the De Goey match-up, but De Goey certainly outworked him today.

Back six had a wall-to-wall shocker today, which was really disappointing as I thought they had a really great game the week before. Too many piss-poor efforts against a team that just doesn't do piss-poor efforts, short steps, not going hard enough at a contest, second to the ball. Lewis Young, Mitch McGovern and Nic Newman wouldn't want to watch the replay as there's double figures in this regard from them. It set the tone in the first quarter that we didn't want it as much as Collingwood did. No physical presence from serial offenders is becoming a concern. I thought we set up relatively well in the back half, the ball use out of half back was marginally improved, but the effort was as bad as its been all year.

I think we'll beat Sydney and comfortably - they struggled massively with Hawkins and Cameron without the McCartin brothers and Rampe, and it will happen here too on a small ground where we should comfortably control the clearances. Wallpapering over the cracks doesn't even begin to describe it however.

Great stuff Galty. I can't agree on Saad. But the rest, spot on imo.
Saad was tagged hard, and his run was interupted by a group defence with him their objective....imo

Boyd isnt ready but worth pursuing with in a lost season, if it is that.
Crippa. Is he coachable? If so, he's fixable.

Walsh? He's a player who can make things happen. He is our best mid, if not, 2md besy, if not 3rd. He's one of the best fkn AFL mids, if allowed to be.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next