Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:03 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 7:02 pm 
Wayne Johnston

The Pies ,Dogs, Bears, Cats, Dees, Saints and Port are 4-5 goals better than us. The rest we are a chance against.
We watch the blues hoping for miracles but they are not going to come. The players are not good enough. We need better players.
I think we have to play the hand we are dealt and play the (even) slower contained brand like the second half today and crab it down the field and try scrap out wins.
That is what we are best at. Particularly against the top teams.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 7:03 pm 
Ken Hunter

Will be interesting what next year's membership numbers will be, and what campaign will be run.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 7:03 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I thought Doc played well except for when he ignored Charlie loose inside 50 in the last.
Boyd kicked well in the 2nd half.
Effort was there but we are simply not good enough.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 7:06 pm 
Robert Walls

cortez wrote:
Sadly, I wasn't the least bit upset at this result. Jumped early (no surprise there) Pies then drop it back a gear and hold us at arms length. We battle hard but execution and system let us down. Same old same old.

I don't know how much ball Cerra got, but gee his execution is often very ordinary. JSOS tries hard, but awful use of the ball, nearly got Cripps killed with one kick he dumped on his head. A liability in the ruck, must go for TDK.

Gov awful. Dow must get a run.

I only saw a quarter and a half of the VFL match, but as has been said, very similar "game plan". Bomb it long. Classic kick and hope bush football. This from a supposed professional football club.

It's deja vu all over again. Crap skills, crap game plan, crap recruiting.

Agree with most of what you have said, but not about Cerra - he's the least of our worries!

Today he had 33 disposals at 70% efficiency, which is pretty solid. Only 6 turnovers in total, which is only 18% of his disposals (not sure how they get 70% based on those numbers, perhaps the other 12% went to a contest?)

Actually, Docherty had a disposal efficiency of 77%, but had 10 turnovers from 34 disposals (29%), so something is not adding up here....

Regardless, I think you're off the mark with Cerra. He has been our most consistent this year and should be leading our BnF by some margin, with Charlie in 2nd.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 7:08 pm 
Geoff Southby

bluedog wrote:
Will be interesting what next year's membership numbers will be, and what campaign will be run.
Can you smell what we are cooking in the easy bake oven?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 7:15 pm 
Craig Bradley

Heavs wrote:
AGRO wrote:
Our coaching panel are brain dead except for Hansen.

Voss has lost the players - he needs to go.

Appoint Hansen now.

Isn't Hansen the forwards coach?

Forward coaches are at the mercy of what happens up the field. That screws all the best laid plans.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 7:16 pm 
Geoff Southby

Lowey_47 wrote:
I listened on radio so can only go on the tony liberatore "feeling", but seemed to follow the regular template. Jumped early than laboured manfully for little reward

Dont forget the obligitory win momentum back but fail to capitalise and end up losing with more shots on goal

Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 7:17 pm 
Craig Bradley

club29 wrote:
The Pies ,Dogs, Bears, Cats, Dees, Saints and Port are 4-5 goals better than us. The rest we are a chance against.
We watch the blues hoping for miracles but they are not going to come. The players are not good enough. We need better players.
I think we have to play the hand we are dealt and play the (even) slower contained brand like the second half today and crab it down the field and try scrap out wins.

Talent is ok, attitude and hunger not to much.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 7:18 pm 
Craig Bradley

killpies wrote:
Lowey_47 wrote:
I listened on radio so can only go on the tony liberatore "feeling", but seemed to follow the regular template. Jumped early than laboured manfully for little reward

Dont forget the obligitory win momentum back but fail to capitalise and end up losing with more shots on goal
Like today for example. We had 22 shot to their's 20.

Us supporters can read the club like a book.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 7:24 pm 
Rod Ashman

I thought north were stuffed

Harry Vallence

GWS wrote:
Jonosc1 wrote:
Only three positives,

Charlie tried his guts out
Harry tried his guts out
Cerra

Four actually.

I went to the cinema.

5- Daicos should get a week and the brownlow talk should** be over.

** It is ex Collingwood player Micheal Christian making the decision.

Harry Vallence

Was calling for a mini rebuild about 2 - 3 years ago

List has been overrated. This seems to be a common thing for this club.

It’s like jogging on the same spot repeatedly and expecting a different result.

Eight years into a rebuild for little results.

Worst club of the 21st century and I cannot see the light

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 7:28 pm 
Wayne Johnston

jim wrote:
club29 wrote:

Talent is ok, attitude and hunger not to much.

I think they are trying but don't have the killer instinct or belief which are skills and a talent in itself. A part of a players character.
We don't have enough good players in our top26 players. That has been proven over and over again.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 7:30 pm 
Harry Vallence

All of SOS'S draft selections outside the early picks are in the reserves or vanished already.
O'Brien, Fisher, Dow, TDK, Kemp, Cunners. SPS and Stocker gone. All high draft picks. That is the core of your rebuild. It's been butchered.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 7:33 pm 
Ken Hunter

Quote:
Collingwood won for the sixth consecutive week, leading from start to finish to remain a game clear on top of the ladder after outplaying Carlton by 28 points.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/930932/high-flying-magpies-heap-more-pain-on-patchy-blues

We were in front during the first quarter, for what it's worth.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 7:42 pm 
Harry Vallence

Voss press conference was actually ok.

Super super pissed off.

Very clear though that he wants a defense first game style. Wouldn’t even be drawn into a conversation on offense.

I reckon the paint was peeled from the walls.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 7:44 pm 
Harry Vallence

daggs001 wrote:
All of SOS'S draft selections outside the early picks are in the reserves or vanished already.
O'Brien, Fisher, Dow, TDK, Kemp, Cunners. SPS and Stocker gone. All high draft picks. That is the core of your rebuild. It's been butchered.

Very true. SOS had a good handle on KPP's but no idea with the speed, size, running power required at modern AFL level. Just look at the body size of most of them.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 7:50 pm 
Robert Walls

Same confused, disinterested rabble I've seen for many weeks

In 2018-2021 when Bolton and Teague had lost the players, we'd lose by 60+

Our list is so much better now that it's about 15-30 points

I know Agro mentioned it as well but I will go to my grave believing something apart from our list is the problem

It is not a happy locker room

I read somewhere that Voss lost the players at Bris because he continually played favourites...that makes for an unhappy and distracted work place...output suffers as a result

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 7:58 pm 
Ken Hunter

Voss is either too stubborn for his own good or is listening to others that are killing him.
Perfect example - he made all the moves he should have made, at the start of the game, after the 1st quarter break, ie. Curnow further up / McKay closer to goal, Weitering further up, etc. Game OVER by then.
We bring in Boyd, and have Saad and Newman, and still play our best midfielder (Kennedy) half back!!!!! FMD.
BTW - what can we get for Saad and McGovern ???? Anything at all considering we spent 1st rounders on them both! Embarrassing trading.
If anyone plays Collingwood and they don't make Moore accountable - they have no idea. We tried, after the 1st quarter. Why after the 1st?
Speaking of forward - McGovern forward was such a great move.

If Kemp, Dow and TdK don't play next week - that't it for me in 2023 and this MC. NFI.

Last edited by SurreyBlue on Sun May 21, 2023 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 7:59 pm 
Harry Vallence

99prelim wrote:
Same confused, disinterested rabble I've seen for many weeks

In 2018-2021 when Bolton and Teague had lost the players, we'd lose by 60+

Our list is so much better now that it's about 15-30 points

I know Agro mentioned it as well but I will go to my grave believing something apart from our list is the problem

It is not a happy locker room

I read somewhere that Voss lost the players at Bris because he continually played favourites...that makes for an unhappy and distracted work place...output suffers as a result

Well the captain has hardly touched it since his mate got banished to the reserves. The remonstrating with the coach on the sidelines wasn't a good look. We will see that replayed all week.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next