Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:11 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 3:11 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

sinbagger wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
Short turn around.
Travel.

The universe is conspiring to screw us.

Sydney are begging to get beat but we will blow it.

Players look cooked mentally.
And short turn around and travel.

I would drop McGovern and bring in Marchbank. Risky I know but he showed last year he can play off limited run in games.

I would play Dow. His burst at stoppages could be handy on that ground and Voss simply has to make some changes. Hollands is due a rest so Dow takes his spot.

I would drop Jack and play TDK. The one ruck thing isn't working. Jack tries but he isn't a ruckman.

See if we can stretch Syd in the air, they are down in tall defenders.

Marchbank is a long way from being ready, needs a few more weeks, better to go with Kemp who’s in form.

I’d bring in Kemp, TDK, Dow and Binns for JSOS, McGovern, Hewett and Hollands.

Make Binns the sub. Play Kennedy off HFF and rotate to midfield. Rotate Walsh in a wing with Acres and Cottrell. Play Dow on the ball.

I’d like to drop Cripps too but it won’t happen, ideally we’d play him as second ruck, keep Hewett and leave TDK in the VFL. But that’s not ideal either.

Agree on Kemp vs Marchbank based on last VFL game. Kemp has a lot of shortcomings, but he played well most of the game vs Willy.
Agree TDK for SOS.

Dont care about Dow and Binns. If they are selected, they are selected.

I'm still dirty on the small forwards again: Motlop No 1 offender, again. At least Durdin stuck 7 tackles, but even he isnt giving us much.

Amazing the vitriol Honey copped on TC and BF when he played and was winning more possessions than Motlop has over the last month of games either side of his suspension. No, I'm not suggesting Honey come in because he was Owies replacement. I'm amazed no one wants to say anything negative about Motlop. Is he a protected species? Are people too embarrassed about the claims they made of Motlops form when suspended? I'm still convinced he's a developing player and not AFL standard yet. Ditto Durdin.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 3:13 pm 
Garry Crane

As if there wasn't enough pressure on Friday night now Lake Sayers has come out today and said that Voss is safe even if we don't play finals.... Normally a kiss of death.
Got to feel for Voss this time last year was 8-2 and talk of coach of the year...

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 3:25 pm 
Bruce Doull

bondiblue wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
Short turn around.
Travel.

I would drop McGovern and bring in Marchbank. Risky I know but he showed last year he can play off limited run in games.

I would play Dow. His burst at stoppages could be handy on that ground and Voss simply has to make some changes. Hollands is due a rest so Dow takes his spot.

I would drop Jack and play TDK. The one ruck thing isn't working. Jack tries but he isn't a ruckman.

Marchbank is a long way from being ready, needs a few more weeks, better to go with Kemp who’s in form.

Make Binns the sub. Play Kennedy off HFF and rotate to midfield. Rotate Walsh in a wing with Acres and Cottrell. Play Dow on the ball.

I’d like to drop Cripps too but it won’t happen, ideally we’d play him as second ruck, keep Hewett and leave TDK in the VFL. But that’s not ideal either.

Agree on Kemp vs Marchbank based on last VFL game. Kemp has a lot of shortcomings, but he played well most of the game vs Willy.
Agree TDK for SOS.

I'm still dirty on the small forwards again: Motlop No 1 offender, again. At least Durdin stuck 7 tackles, but even he isnt giving us much.

Amazing the vitriol Honey copped on TC and BF when he played and was winning more possessions than Motlop has over the last month of games either side of his suspension. No, I'm not suggesting Honey come in because he was Owies replacement. I'm amazed no one wants to say anything negative about Motlop. Is he a protected species? Are people too embarrassed about the claims they made of Motlops form when suspended? I'm still convinced he's a developing player and not AFL standard yet. Ditto Durdin.

Motlop & Durdin are both too young to be playing in the same team IMO.

Ideally it'd be Owies, one of Motlop/Durdin, & an experienced medium forward.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 3:40 pm 
Harry Vallence

Franklin paying $7.50 to kick 4, $19 to kick 5 with sportsbet.

Gamble responsibly.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 3:49 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
Short turn around.
Travel.

Agree TDK for SOS.

I think we can see he actually has some elite talent

He is a kid remember

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 5:07 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Paddycripps wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
Short turn around.
Travel.

Agree TDK for SOS.

He is a kid remember

History shows we all have commented on his potential and believe in what Motlop may bring when he's developed.

He's a kid, is exactly my point. He hasn't got the form required to be an auto selection unless this is a development year for the team.

I'm guessing, but do you believe he's an auto selection because he shows "some" elite talent? If so, I am saying I haven't seen anything that makes him an auto selection. That great tackle last week vs Lions was elite, but we need more output from a player taking up a precious spot in the 22 than one elite tackle. I hardly noticed him since he returned to the team.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 5:34 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
Short turn around.
Travel.

Agree TDK for SOS.

He is a kid remember

History shows we all have commented on his potential and believe in what Motlop may bring when he's developed.

He's a kid, is exactly my point. He hasn't got the form required to be an auto selection unless this is a development year for the team.

I'm guessing, but do you believe he's an auto selection because he shows "some" elite talent? If so, I am saying I haven't seen anything that makes him an auto selection. That great tackle last week vs Lions was elite, but we need more output from a player taking up a precious spot in the 22 than one elite tackle. I hardly noticed him since he returned to the team.

No doubt in my mind Motlop should be dropped. Has been poor this year. Wasn’t great last year either.

Agree should learn his trade in the twos.

Our forward line is dysfunctional and not only due to our slow game plan. The lack of pressure coming out of our 50 is ordinary.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:34 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Betts Garlett Yarran Walker all played a game or two in the forwardline together. They were electric for a couple games till Walker went back.
Motlop Durdin Martin Owies Fisher Honey all together are not the sum of the above mentioned.
Imagine the former around Charlie and Harry.

Of the current lot of smalls, we have, its 26yo Owies whose done an apprenticeship and solidified his spot. Says something.

Fisher was gifted some games, and he's earned a lot to get to 100, but he hasn't transcended into a star player.
Durdin & Motlop were great for a few games here and there, but not when things went crap anf they are developing. They are NOT the finished product.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:43 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

We need weapons in the forward line to join Owies, Charlie and Harry.

The only players I would consider from the reserves game for the forward line is Caddy, Cahill, Ronke, Prout and Ramshaw. ALL VFL listed.

Honey, Fisher's form is behind Dow and Fogarty from what I saw. I get they are different positions, Im just talking form.
I cant believe how impressed I was with Fogarty. I'm not a fan, but...he's in top form too. Fk he evades well in the clinches, then you look at Dow.
Maybe burst speed isn't the only way out of traffic.

TDK for Jack is another change I would make.
TDK had over 20 possessions and over 30 hit outs, 300 metres gained...he told the world he's back too.
Just in time to bump out Jack, and make it about those two for that spot as a 2nd ruck.

Gov is another who can fill Martin's role for now, that is till he falls apart from all the running. He's doesn't look clear on his role in the backline.
I think Gov took 3 marks...not sure if any were intercepts. I cant remember him much. Sad isn't it?

Kemp in the backline was good too. I hope he doesnt get pigeon holed to take over from Plowman. He could play forward.
I haven't seen enough of Kemp as a forward.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:53 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Cowans long goal in the reserves in a crazy strong wind, got me salivating.

I'm convinced we are still building, and expect us to have a purple patch, and likely to just miss out on finals again.

What about Cowan in Martin's spot in the HF line.

Keep an eye on him. He's a beauty.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 10:42 pm 
Wayne Johnston

bondiblue wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
Short turn around.
Travel.

Agree TDK for SOS.

I was going to propose dropping both Durdin and Motlop but there’s no one to bring into these positions, and I also considered that maybe they are playing to the coaches instructions and so will any replacements.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 11:01 pm 
Harry Vallence

The Report from the last VFL Game said this:

" Caleb Marchbank made an impact in his first game of the season, getting through unscathed and working his way back in nicely in limited game time. In his first game back after a concussion layoff, Tom De Koning collected 23 disposals and 34 hitouts, while Paddy Dow (41 disposals), Lachie Fogarty (29 disposals, seven tackles) and Jaxon Binns (30 disposals) were all busy. "

Since the team has been so rubbish, we might as well give Binns a go :grin: :grin:

Paddy Dow fans anyone? or is he cooked for good?

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 8:38 am 
Bob Chitty

Reading the first half of this thread, the hysteria is incredible.
It's never as bad as it seems (ok, our first half was) and it's never as good as it seems (unless you win a grand final by plenty).
I'm going back to the 5 positives thread with the 3 others who posted there...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 10:24 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

sinbagger wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
Short turn around.
Travel.

Agree TDK for SOS.

I was going to propose dropping both Durdin and Motlop but there’s no one to bring into these positions, and I also considered that maybe they are playing to the coaches instructions and so will any replacements.

Well, imo opinion, there's something wrong with coaches instructions, and the numbers these 2 are churning out reflects 2 boys developing their craft in the ones. Are we playing for Finals? I havent heard that this year is a development year for the team. Motlop hasnt been good for a long time.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 10:38 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

I really dont know what is missing and who is making our wins hard to get, other than the coach.
I dont want to change the coach. I want to add assistants to the coaching panel, if anything.

Im not keen on dropping Hollands because he doesn't need a rest and playing him for a half is just a waste, so I will give him a spell as the sub. But I'm willing to try anything.

I'm also not a fan of Dow, LOB or Fogarty. LOB didnt play last week so cant consider him. IMO Binnes is also a developing player, so no to him too, despite showing better form than Boyd in the twos.

OUT: Motlop Durdin Ed Boyd Silvagni Hollands

IN: Dow, Fogarty, Cincotta Hewett DeKoning, Kemp

I think the MC will give Boyd another game, but imo, there's no way he's in better form that Cincotta.

Hewett and Fogarty are made for a scrum aganst the Swans. Swans like the congestion, maul then getting it outside. What I saw of Fogarty last week would suit against the Swans.

Will give Kemp Govs spot in the backline and send Gov forward and he and TDK push out Jack. I wouldnt mind Jack in the BP instead of kemp, but Kemp was OK last week. Jack wasnt.

Time to let players know their positions will be questioned if they are getting comfortable. Everyone has to defend and help keep the shape behind the ball. If not, next...

I dont think Swans have any rucks to call on, so maybe we dont need too many talls, or we do and stretch them.

B: Kemp Weitering Newman
HB: Saad Young Docherty

C: Acres Cripps Cottrell
F: Pittonet Walsh Cerra

HF: Gov McKay Fogarty
F: TDK Charlie Owies

IC: Cincotta Hewett Kennedy Dow

Sub Hollands.

E: Silvagni

Ken Bruce has gone mad
Ken Bruce has gone mad
Ken....

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 10:46 am 
Geoff Southby

Given that Sydney will have a lack of height in defence I think we should line up like this:
JSOS and McLovin can rotate down back if required but I'd prefer to have a tall forward line due to our tendency to bomb it in.
Acres off of half back giving off handballs to Saad or Doc to break the lines and so Kennedy can stay in the middle rotation.
Binns in for first game, I would've added LOB as sub but he is injured.
If Hewett is injured or sore then we need to consider Fogarty or Dow for a test run.

B: Docherty Young Newman
HB: Acres Weitering Saad
C: Binns Cripps Cottrell
HF: McGovern Charlie JSOS
F: Owies McKay Durdin

Foll: Pittonet Kennedy Cerra
Int: Boyd Hewett Walsh TDK

Sub: Cincotta/Ed/Motlop depending on match ups.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 10:51 am 
Bruce Doull

It's time to bring the Binns in.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 11:22 am 
Ken Hunter

I'm a long-time Dow sceptic as many of you would know, but if ever there was a game to try him, it's this one. The Swans will want a stoppage-rich game, and we'll have a huge height advantage in our forward line so inaccurate bombing will be more effective in this game than most (remembering North Melbourne, just need to cut out the early lethargy).

In case anyone was wondering, it hasn't rained in Sydney for a few weeks and there's none forecast this week either. Ground will be as dry as a bone.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 12:09 pm 
John Nicholls

99prelim wrote:
Blue4ever wrote:
McGovern out - I don't care if we don't replace him.

Pea heart.

He's checked out...off to Adel next year. Play him in ressies for remainder of year and give Kemp the spot

Port though right? Not Crows surely.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 12:10 pm 
Rod Ashman

No one should be immune from being dropped if their form is not up to it. Durdin and Motlop have done very little since their inclusion. Dow and Binns have been consistent all year and deserve a chance. I don't care about positions. Players play all over the ground. Get the weak players out and the best performing twos in and work it out.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next