Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 2:46 pm 
Craig Bradley

Lowey_47 wrote:
Just my a hole opinion but if you devise a game plan say 2 years ago, surely you have some flexibility with it over the course Youd also think at some point it has to be horses for courses due to the opposition match ups.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The situation has only become more dire for one-dimensional inside mids.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 2:59 pm 
Rod Ashman

carntheblues wrote:
keogh wrote:
Whether we as supporters think the list is good or not good enough to match it with the better teams in the comp the bottom line we have been very ordinary for a year
Below average
You’re average or better if you can match it with the opposition between the 50 m arcs.

Voss refuses to change things up other than putting Kennedy or Cerra at half back

Whilst Dows career has been ordinary the fact that he doesn’t get a senior game when the mid field mix isn’t working is beyond belief
This is why I won’t pay up to be an interstate member
Where is the transparency
It’s treating supporters with contempt
Binns deserves a game as well
Cincotta was given the arse after one bad game
Too soon
Voss is very stubborn

As for McGovern being favored over Young
Well I get why that’s the case
McG is a better user and The Swans key positions have been decimated by injury but as usual the club doesn’t look at the big picture the long term

Bryce Gibbs was never dropped at Carlton despite constantly not putting his body on the line
If you want a good culture you don’t accept some human behaviours
Young like Dow should feel a bit hard done by

So how many games have you seen Dow and Binns play?

I thought the criticism is that we can't seem to win games now! Surely you play your best team to win today. Development occurs in the 2's.

And I'm not sure what you mean by Transparency? Do you want the conversations that are held within 4 walls to be emailed directly to you for comment?

Must say, whilst I may not always agree with your points Keogh I do appreciate your passion and frustration.

Having said that I’m disappointed that you can’t see beyond your grievances and contribute via some form of membership.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 3:08 pm 
John James

CK95 wrote:
He's been ultra conservative on that front all year, but we're about to play a side that should have lost to North. Make some changes, take some risks, freshen the side up a bit. We should be able to make 4 changes & still be confident we can win this game of footy.

north midfield are starting to find some gears. lots of good picks and recruiting.

wouldn’t be surprised if they make finals before we do at this rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 3:26 pm 
Bruce Doull

Yep their midfield did well against ours I thought

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 3:54 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

The TDK IN is promising. If he can provide good relief to Pitto, then Charlie could be in for a night if the ball gets in there enough.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 4:05 pm 
Garry Crane

ED and Fogarty aren't playing reserves i wonder who the late out is.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 4:06 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

mymanmurph wrote:

A small.
Durds?

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 4:07 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

We will win.
Trust me.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 4:11 pm 
Garry Crane

Paddycripps wrote:
mymanmurph wrote:

A small.
Durds?

Yeah Maybe. i was a bit surprised when Voss said Durds had cramp it looked a bit worse than that.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 4:14 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

If Owies has done his hammy again then the season really is over. He is one of the only ones who knows how to kick a goal.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 4:16 pm 
Garry Crane

I'm confused Jsos is playing back and Young is playing forward....

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 4:20 pm 
Rod Ashman

I don’t believe for a second that Voss is keeping Dow out because he wouldn’t leave the club. Or that this is because he is annoyed that Setterfield left. Setterfield is doing well now but he was never a star at Carlton where we - incl Voss - never gave him a shot except the final couple of matches when our midfield was decimated.
I don’t believe Voss would not pick Dow if he thought he could add value. That he would risk finals and put his job on the line just because he is stubborn or vindictive.
More likely is that he doesn’t think Dow will add value or he believes in the other mids and is backing them and his own current game plan, perhaps as a long term play.
I personally think he should give Dow a crack at it because if he can prove that he is capable at AFL level, it would solve a lot of our problems. And if he can’t, I don’t think we’re much worse off than how we are going right now.
So I disagree with Voss approach. But I don’t believe it is due to vindictiveness. I just think he doesn’t rate him. Simple as that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 4:30 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

17th Premiership wrote:
I don’t believe for a second that Voss is keeping Dow out because he wouldn’t leave the club. Or that this is because he is annoyed that Setterfield left. Setterfield is doing well now but he was never a star at Carlton where we - incl Voss - never gave him a shot except the final couple of matches when our midfield was decimated.
I don’t believe Voss would not pick Dow if he thought he could add value. That he would risk finals and put his job on the line just because he is stubborn or vindictive.
More likely is that he doesn’t think Dow will add value or he believes in the other mids and is backing them and his own current game plan, perhaps as a long term play.
I personally think he should give Dow a crack at it because if he can prove that he is capable at AFL level, it would solve a lot of our problems. And if he can’t, I don’t think we’re much worse off than how we are going right now.
So I disagree with Voss approach. But I don’t believe it is due to vindictiveness. I just think he doesn’t rate him. Simple as that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Backing current group IMO.
They have runs on the board. But gee it nobody is playing well ion there except for Cerra.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 4:58 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Fisher playing well in VFL. Gee Michael maybe he could add some zip and run in midfield?

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 5:55 pm 
Bruce Doull

mymanmurph wrote:

One will be the sub & one will be the emergency

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 6:16 pm 
John James

at three quarter time in the VFL game vs swans Mr Zac Fisher is leading all-comers with 100 AF points and >25 disposals. Dow was listed as FB (FMD does Voss has it in for him, maybe he’s already signed with Saints and this is the punishment?!) Cinc, Plowman and Steven’s all had more AF and D than Dow. although as the fourth quarter continues Dow is marching up the stats sheet. maybe he’s been flicked into the middle or HF? i wish that kind of Quarter by Quarter strategic switch up thinking was evident in the AFL game plan. we seem lethargic, wooden and over-reactive to what the opposition are doing to us rather than thinking our way through Saad being team-defended against, Cripps being swamped, Harry being double defended, blocked and scragged. etc etc.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 6:26 pm 
Robert Walls

Dow has played in the middle the whole game 27 and a goal so far. Fish is killing it - as he should be..

Enjoying seeing the number 1 jumper run around in defence.

47 points up 13 mins into the last

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 6:35 pm 
Geoff Southby

You gotta love the romance of the ressies playing before the seniors. Sigh...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12